Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 06-12-2020, 09:18 PM
Sarnak

Default Different maps/zonesworld in current line EQ1

Anyone remembers, what was the main reason for zones/maps/world redo as it is now in live EQ1? I can't believe the difference. How much bigger this old world is. And more content. More soul. Was there (I bet) plenty of players upset when it happened?

Once you start playing this old/classic world, you can't go to any other EQ version. Well at least I can't. I'm so glad for this project to be alive.
Old 06-12-2020, 09:20 PM
Sarnak

Sorry for title typo, should be: "Different maps/zones/world in current live EQ1"

Can't edit or delete this post or I would redo it.
Old 06-12-2020, 09:57 PM
Banned

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 06-12-2020, 10:15 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snortles Chortles [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
LOL! (and has nothing to do with maps/zones/world change) [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 06-12-2020, 11:01 PM
Planar Protector

My first impression of the new "Freeport" caused me to immediately log out.

-Mcoy
Old 06-13-2020, 09:10 AM
Banned

it's part of the reason why we play here, and not on live... they ruined the game in more ways than just zones/maps.
Old 06-13-2020, 09:37 AM
Planar Protector

Didn't they redo commons / fp because they lost the source files for these zones?

A shame they didn't use github or something..
don't think anything existed back then other than setting up your own cvs repos and backup systems
Old 06-13-2020, 10:50 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by pivo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I can't believe the difference. How much bigger this old world is. And more content. More soul. Was there (I bet) plenty of players upset when it happened?
It was a computer game that didn't need to take multiplatform into considerations. I can't speak if people were upset, I had already left when they introduced the Moon and Cats.
Old 06-17-2020, 12:23 AM
Aviak

The updated zones are nice in one way, but when I first logged in TLP and realized there was no more Oasis, E/W commons, revamped Steamfont... It was pretty crappy. They claim they cant run the un-revamped zones on the TLPs since they share something inseperable from normal live servers. I say WTF to that. TLP Krono wars is all that keeps Day-Break Games from the Reaper.
Old 06-17-2020, 02:23 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by pivo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
LOL! (and has nothing to do with maps/zones/world change) [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It has plenty to do with you though.

There's plenty of large open world detailed content out there. More so than EQ classic. But EQ has plenty of cool handcrafted stuff and a more freeform FPS targeted level design. No one was afraid to get a players corpse lost in a high lvl maze.

Not sure there's anything quite like it. Definitely not for mmos.
Closed Thread