Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 06-03-2016, 01:18 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by RenlyB [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I've been mulling over the idea of running a server for some time. If I had some other devs interested I could provide the community front, servers, admin and bankroll the operation. I could also hack up dsetup and provide some form of cheat protection. I'm not a EQ historian by any means and don't berg about providing the "classic" experience but rolling out the expansions by time lock depending on population seems to be what people want. Solid PVP, (non-stagnant) progression, no hacks/cheats/boxing, responsive and responsible GMs should be the goal. Would be great to have the P99 code base to work with, but I understand if they want to protect their "IP."
P sure youre banned for stick
Old 06-03-2016, 01:18 AM
Kobold

PS: Recruiting all chinese hackers.

As long as yall aint asiam.
Old 06-03-2016, 01:21 AM
Banned

so few people left around here that actually watched 50% of the server quit due to drowning amounts of lag the first 2 weeks and then of the remainders 60% quit when Holocaust was WTF banned

this could be a 500 person server easily without the retard GM meddling and absurd lag Red had it's first few years, cupcake was the downfall of the server tbh we deserve a redo
Old 06-03-2016, 01:23 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by RenlyB [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I've been mulling over the idea of running a server for some time. If I had some other devs interested I could provide the community front, servers, admin and bankroll the operation. I could also hack up dsetup and provide some form of cheat protection. I'm not a EQ historian by any means and don't berg about providing the "classic" experience but rolling out the expansions by time lock depending on population seems to be what people want. Solid PVP, (non-stagnant) progression, no hacks/cheats/boxing, responsive and responsible GMs should be the goal. Would be great to have the P99 code base to work with, but I understand if they want to protect their "IP."
Let's do this shit.

Nilbog, WHERE THE FUCK ARE YOU BROTHER???

God DAMN I wish you were still involved. Must love brotha mad respect.
Old 06-03-2016, 01:26 AM
Banned

can rogean just do a kickstarter where we pay him to release the source code at a goal amount so he can get one final payoff and we can move on with other servers since he seems to be over this shit
Old 06-03-2016, 01:27 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bazia [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
this could be a 500 person server easily without the retard GM meddling and absurd lag Red had it's first few years, cupcake was the downfall of the server tbh we deserve a redo
The serious other option is to make me GM.

I'll ban everyone who cheats.

I'll watch every guild interaction.

I can't do shit without a server reset, it wouldn't be right.

I remember when EverQuest was about HONOR and INTEGRITY, what the fuck did we become? Pathetic.
Old 06-03-2016, 01:29 AM
Banned

like im not joking at all this server would have been better off with just sirken answering a few petitions here and there that he thought were legit and no other staff ever involved
Old 06-03-2016, 01:35 AM
Kobold

Sirken is tha fuckin man.

Yawl are e-faggots if you think Sirk doesn't have the Best Interest of P99 in mind. Trolls think ditto with Rogean and Nilbog.

Grown men who don't have time for yawls and you guys have nothing but shit to talk about people who dedicate their time to your enjoyment. Fucking respect.
Old 06-03-2016, 01:37 AM
Kobold

Mad bad sad sawry yawl but truth.

Drunk n OUT.

Those who know respect.
Old 06-03-2016, 01:47 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bazia [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Never dueled this firegiant but this is actually factually 200% correct.

In-game name? You rock.
Closed Thread