Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 11-12-2019, 02:20 PM
Aviak

Manastone camp is working perfectly please dont change a thing.
Old 11-12-2019, 02:26 PM
Kobold

Manastone camp is NOT working perfectly. They even looked up evidence to prove that their spawn rates and drop rates were wrong. And yet, they haven't changed a thing.
Old 11-12-2019, 02:28 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coridan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
A true classic remake would not allow people the foresight to know what items were going to be removed and when.
The better fix for a classic experience would’ve been to throw Manastone on a different named mob.

How many people would find the Manastone if they’d put it on a named Spiroc in OOT or on a named in Cazic Thule, etc.

People knowing where items drop is far more important than when it’s being removed.

Regardless I think the unclassic drop rate needs to be removed which should help with the listing issues. Also set the list limitation to one per lifetime. If people want to grind 35 halfling warriors to get more Manastones fine.
Old 11-12-2019, 02:29 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daldaen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The better fix for a classic experience would’ve been to throw Manastone on a different named mob.

How many people would find the Manastone if they’d put it on a named Spiroc in OOT or on a named in Cazic Thule, etc.

People knowing where items drop is far more important than when it’s being removed.

Regardless I think the unclassic drop rate needs to be removed which should help with the listing issues. Also set the list limitation to one per lifetime. If people want to grind 35 halfling warriors to get more Manastones fine.
Lol that would've been great if they just randomly switched up the mobs that drop things
Old 11-12-2019, 02:35 PM
Sarnak

Think what we’re seeing is just because you can do something, like create “classic” Everquest doesn’t mean you should attempt it. Did the devs not see Jurassic park?
Old 11-12-2019, 02:44 PM
Aviak

maybe you guys should start your own server and make manastones drop from spirocs in the karanas see how many people play on your server.
Old 11-12-2019, 02:49 PM
Sarnak

There's 2-3 people with 50+ hours on the current list so far. This is getting to the point where it can't be done by a single person without health risks.

The only way to do it right now is to pass off your character between RL people in shifts.

If that's what was intended, I'd be surprised.
Old 11-12-2019, 03:25 PM
Aviak

an online game that requires friends to win, what a terrible concept
Old 11-12-2019, 03:32 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I've been at the manastone camp for 29 hours currently, and have been awake for a total of 37 or so hours.

I am #2 on the list which means ostensibly I need to continue clicking this check box every 5 to 15 mins for the next 10 to 20 hours straight.

This is beyond unhealthy but it is the only way to get one when the other guys just run a roster and sit in camp doing shifts. Its so blatantly obvious watching a toon LD, come back and cast entirely different spells and sit somewhere else for 6 hours+, then the original comes back etc.

I'm a bit afraid for my health but short of sharing accounts there's nothing that can be done except be at this camp for a minimum of 40 hours (MINIMUM) as the drop rate is so unclassic. Pretty soul destroying I gotta say.

Edit: Not knowing how the afk checks work is kinda shit too, the limits are not clearly defined. Running off for a shit, shower, prepare some fucking dogshit unhealthy meal praying this AFK check doesnt boot me from list is mega aids. Craving for the ability to just switch off for 30mins and enjoy a steak haha.
The real solution is don't do any of this to begin with. Priorities! End the MS drops prematurely and listen to the lamentations of the hardcore.
Old 11-12-2019, 03:33 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilgart112 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
an online game that requires friends to win, what a terrible concept
You're suggesting tag teaming the same character so that you can sleep for 4 hours to continue a 70 hour marathon is reasonable?

Dude, what is your deal? Like I can't make out why you're so zealous in defending the list system. You're not in Guk right now on the list. Have you tried this system yet?
Closed Thread