Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 07-29-2014, 07:11 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lune [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Are you the guy who gets pickles on his hamburger when he didn't ask for any, and then spends 5 minutes screaming at the 16 year old girl cashier behind the register? I think you are.

When you were a kid, did you tell Santa Claus to go fuck himself because he brought you a blue power ranger when you wanted a red one?

Is everybody just out to inconvenience you? [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] Poor guy
Or the, "if I bitch about how stupid everyone is, maybe they'll put me in charge! Because that's all it takes to make friends and influence people right?!"
Old 07-29-2014, 07:27 PM
Banned

last
Old 07-29-2014, 07:39 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirken [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
dev bashing? really? ~sigh~ ok here goes.

Our devs are here to re-create classic based on physical evidence, they are not here to build the world that you think you remember from 15 years ago. If you find evidence of something working different on live, submit it to the bug forum, otherwise shut the fuck up.
At no point was I "Dev bashing" - recommend re-reading the posts.. I simply stated the important issues that need attendance before we rampantly hunt down every nook-and-cranny that isn't "classic".

Also, if you look in the bug forums, most things posted there are cited with links and physical information.. However, earlier in this thread a dev himself admitted that "it was working how he remembered in on his necro having to FD"

I'm far from "the blight" - the "blight" would be people constantly cheating, attempting to circumvent rules, selling platinum, multi-boxing, and insisting every little thing they think is the most important issue ever is the most important issue ever (ala classic UI) - I'm merely pointing out we have SO MANY more important issues at hand (read: post about bug forums) than inane fixes because one or two players are on crusade about it.

Again, at no point was I "dev bashing" - my posts do not insult anyone at all, merely state that we have important issues that need attending to, versus rampantly hunting down every last thing to cry about because you want, quote, "unclassic tears" when they get changed.

And no, I have not warranted any "entitlement" other than that I am entitled to my opinion.
Old 07-29-2014, 07:55 PM
Kobold

Find another camp.
Old 07-29-2014, 08:01 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirken [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
listen here nerd
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.][You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.][You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] Listneing to this while I read this thread

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Last edited by iruinedyourday; 07-29-2014 at 08:04 PM..
Old 07-29-2014, 08:07 PM
Planar Protector

Dear Big Sirk,

Could you please lock the thread, IP ban this fool, delete his items on stream, impregnate a woman, pre-name your babby Teako, convince her to abort and then fly the Qeynos flag at Iwo Jima.

When you're done all that we can kick back at Outback and eat some bloomins while we reminisce.

Your pal,

Yumyums

Yumyums Inmahtumtums - 59 Shaman
Lemonspoon Icebeaner - 52 Enchanter
Yumyums Inmahtumtums - 60 Enchanter
Old 07-29-2014, 08:08 PM
Planar Protector

Also, welcome back! Does Derubael really have aids?

Yumyums Inmahtumtums - 59 Shaman
Lemonspoon Icebeaner - 52 Enchanter
Yumyums Inmahtumtums - 60 Enchanter
Old 07-29-2014, 08:18 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenzig [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Have to admit, I never played a pet class in the olden days. How did that work without a pet window? All typed commands?
You made hotbuttons with exactly the commmands on the buttons on the pet window; all the advances that the pet window gave, (like pet buffs) are already nerfed here, so removing the pet window will do absolutely nothing, tbh.
Old 07-29-2014, 08:21 PM
Retired GM

Location: Cabilis East, in the northwest corner of the zone-in from Field of Bone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teako [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I personally enjoy the constant obsession with "fixing" working things, i.e. the UI in the namesake of "classic";

however, we completely ignore the ten mile long bug forum of things that are not implemented, not fixed, and have huge citing for.. Perhaps we could focus on things that actually matter..
Something important to remember is that the things that actually matter are what Nilbog says actually matter. That's not to say players aren't allowed input, but in the end this is his project and will go in the direction he wants it to go regardless of how anyone else feels. It's done us pretty well up to this point, and isn't likely to change.

It's a free project that no one gets paid for running, and we have a surprisingly quick turnaround time on fixes when things get broken in patches. You're citing UI fixes as taking up too much time (or being a waste of time, or w/e) but completely ignore the ridiculous list of changes that go into each patch. It's much more than UI fixes.

Sirken is calling you out because this whole post has an air of entitlement to it - "this is what ACTUALLY matters, guys, I know because I'm <whatever your name is>" I'll get to your list in a minute, but the way you presented it had you come off sounding like an ass.

Quote:
I.e. sneak/hide working anywhere close to classic.
This has been hashed and rehashed a hundred times. If you can provide evidence sneak/hide wasn't working properly, please do so and try to show us how it is supposed to be working. A lot of research went into the sneak/hide change before it was enacted, and AFAICT no one has been able to contradict that so far.

Quote:
Pet exp penalty should've been removed months ago by timeline.
If I'm not mistaken I was just reading this bug report and that's a post-Velious change. It was done around the time hybrid penalties were removed.

Quote:
Mob movement speed being so ridiculous that many players are quitting due to not being able to exp.
I haven't seen this or heard mention of it until today. If there isn't already a bug report up someone should make one and be as detailed as possible as to which mobs are running faster than others. The way that mob run speed is set makes it hard for individual mobs to bug out their run speed. If it's just mobs pets that are running too fast, that makes sense. As far as overall mob run speed goes for most mobs I see in the game, it's just fine - same pace as player speed. Snare's work great too.

Quote:
Monk epic doesn't show.
Yes it does:

Quote:
Coin being undroppable.
Intentionally disabled for a number of reasons.

Quote:
Autofire ruining Ragefire week after week.
If you think someone is using autofire, petition it with as much evidence as you cna gather. Ragefire is already a shitshow each week - there is nothing we can do about that part, there will always be people spam clicking to turn in the pearl. That's just the way it is on this server.

Quote:
Spell book meditating until you actually learn "Meditate" and can auto-med.
Nilbog would love to have spell book meditating until level 35 in the game. It's something that has been worked on/on the list for some time.

Quote:
Maybe we could get working resist caps (255).
Fairly sure this has been looked at for a while, but it's more complex than just setting resist to 255 max.

Quote:
Or perhaps working AC..
Find a dev post explaining how it worked in classic so we can replicate it. It's a complicated formula that has multiple factors (avoidance, level, hardcap etc) and we know our AC code doesn't work like Live's did. I'd love to see a properly working AC code, but no one knows exactly how it was supposed to work in Classic. We've even talked to former EQ devs to try and find out, but the code was changed so many times back then it's almost impossible to nail down whats right and whats not.

Quote:
I could even go so bold as to say fix the current outrageous resists that happen(My 60 druid can't root a level 30 HG for full duration) - which is another crucial part that's making low level casters either reroll, or quit - Spells SHOULD stick on reds rarely, yellows sometimes, whites 50/50, blues most of the time, and greens every time.. But they don't, not even close. Currently it's so broken I had to retire my wonderful ranger alt because I couldn't land a flame lick on a dark blue after literally 22 straight casts(I was 32, mob was a pond mob in MM). -
Resists need minor tweaking at best. RNG seems to be not liking you.

Quote:
THEN we can focus on frivolous UI changes that can't be forced clientside due to "Classic" EQ being UI mod-able.
"we"? [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

To wrap up this stupidly long post I wrote while eating a snack, most of the things you listed are either finished, being worked on, or pending evidence (which you can go help accomplish right now!) You are certainly titled to your opinion, but we love the shit out of our development team, and would appreciate that you thoroughly research your concerns before bringing them to light, and remember to present them in a respectful way.

Old 07-29-2014, 08:49 PM
Sarnak

Not quoting your post because it'll take a whole page.. No offense by that, I'll try to keep up with it, though. I do appreciate you actually responding to the initial posts instead of running in screaming.

I did not link every single post in the bug forums out of redundancy in my initial posts.. They all have their own citing/evidence provided, and are many pages long. I created *none* of them, none of these points benefit me directly except maybe the monk epic particle effect.

The monk epic does not display to other players, there is a 10+ page longer thread depicting that the "cookies" do not show to anyone but the monk.. The screenshot is of you, if Sirken were to have them equipped and you looking at them you'd see nothing.

Additionally, the rogue epic is proven to have a particle effect running the length of the blade.. with many posts providing evidence to when

The rogue sneak/hide thread has about a hundred citings, all of the threads have their own citing at very least.

Pet EXP penalty by how far we are into server should be removed, based on the "to release to now" timeline. The argument could be made that it was released in Velious, which isn't released yet, but by the server time span it should be out.

There's a 20+ page long thread about how Raptors, even when snared, are so fast that they out run jboot speed.. Additionally many monsters are now incredibly fast. It's likely something to do with the "move waypoint to waypoint" speed change, but I couldn't find any evidence as I can't tell what exact monsters were changed.. though enough evidence was provided to prove that at least tigers/raptors are far far faster than in classic. So much so that druids can no longer quad kite raptors with lumi staff.. Which many druids likely clearly remember not only quadding them with lumi in classic, but charming them in classic.

I'm sure it's disabled to prevent harder-to-track RMT'ing, but it is still classic. Though I concede this point - If it's done in attempt to prevent cheating I support it.

Just stare at the ragefire spawn. If you see someone (no names) handing in within a literal second of spawning? check it out. Or spawn yourself infront of them and see if they attempt to trade you. I'm sure with the tools available to the CSR team that with 5~ mins used per spawn that we could weed out many of the RF auto-fire players. It'd take some fancy footwork, but it's definitely not out of the question to prevent players cheating in this manner.

With AC.. If it's an unknown variable, and it's very hard to replicate.. Why is it continually changed until the actual formula is figured out? I'd love to have it, in addition to all of these things working as well. I suppose 'attempted fixes' are the best you can do until you hit the nail, but when the attempts make it where mob resists are out of control it's bananas.

There's many, many reports and cases of people who are getting rocked by greens/dark blues resisting almost every spell casted. Not high-con DB's, either. Any con DB's, even to greens are resisting all over the place since the last update.. Not before. Something changed last patch with mob resists that's made them significantly harder to land spells on.. Even when it comes to greenies.

Every point has been thoroughly vetted/pointed out in the bug forums, with many evidence links provided.. My initial post was pertaining to people (Daldaen) that take up flag rushing at any individual little "not classic" thing they stumble across in a borderline tantrum.. when there's so many important things that need to be fixed. Yes, having multiple chat boxes is not classic.. But it's not necessarily game breaking.

However, these other points, and the plethora of other things provided in the bug forum is game breaking. So, my personal opinion, is "bigger fish to fry" when people start screaming about removing this or removing that.. There's MUCH more important things that need work than making it where I can't have a separate window for tells. Remove it, it's classic, I support that.. but it's a waste of man-hours and effort when that time could be spent fixing truly game breaking bugs.

<3 Derubs.
Closed Thread