Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Bugs

Old 02-12-2019, 03:54 PM
Kobold

Default Abashi's Rod of Disempowerment

https://wiki.project1999.com/Abashi%...Disempowerment

should be instant click during this servers timeline.
http://lucy.allakhazam.com/itemhistory.html?id=31242

Live 2004-12-31 17:05 Added casttime: '3.0'

more here:
http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/i...00557107196366

"This is a right click dispell that dispells ONE of your buffs. At first it was instant cast and unlimited charges, but it now has a casting time. It was so rediculously overpowered for pvp (and in general) that there was no way they could have left it alone. Still a great beat stick. looks like velium brawl stick."
Old 02-12-2019, 04:27 PM
Planar Protector

While a few Nov 2001 comments say it used to be instant cast, it doesn't say when that occurred. It may have been immediately after it was first 'discovered'. May want to track down some better info.

Also to be clear, it shouldn't be instant click for the end of time. It clearly had a cast time during Velious and before Luclin.

Regardless, not sure if devs would consider instant click 'game breaking'. I know for a stretch DW Helm was instant click that made paladins better than clerics but it was rather promptly fixed.
Old 02-12-2019, 04:58 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rygar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
While a few Nov 2001 comments say it used to be instant cast, it doesn't say when that occurred. It may have been immediately after it was first 'discovered'. May want to track down some better info.

Also to be clear, it shouldn't be instant click for the end of time. It clearly had a cast time during Velious and before Luclin.

Regardless, not sure if devs would consider instant click 'game breaking'. I know for a stretch DW Helm was instant click that made paladins better than clerics but it was rather promptly fixed.
Id like to argue that point. During planes of power i dueled a friend named Torkya in plane of tranquility on emarr. it was 100% instant click. I vividly remember being in awe by how that one item removed my ability to even keep j boots and other instant clicks up.

which would line up with the lucy 3 second cast time being in 2004 as that is well past the PoP release date.
Old 02-12-2019, 05:58 PM
Kobold

I'm not arguing for or against this because I don't know enough about the staff, but the Lucy History tabs were either wiped and restarted or didn't exist until 2002. I've never seen an item that has a History tab that goes back prior to 2002 on Lucy's History tab.

The initial entry for the staff wasn't even until 12/2002. It also says it wasn't Any Slot/Can Equip until 2004, isn't it currently that way on P99? As Rygar said some of the comments on Zam contradict it not being nerfed until 2004.
Old 02-13-2019, 09:47 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by diamondfist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
"This is a right click dispell that dispells ONE of your buffs. At first it was instant cast and unlimited charges, but it now has a casting time. It was so rediculously overpowered for pvp (and in general) that there was no way they could have left it alone. Still a great beat stick. looks like velium brawl stick."
This quote is from your OP, it mentions it used to be instant click but NOW has a cast time. You conveniently left out the date of the quote, which is Nov 12 2001 (after last Velious patch, but before Luclin). It's not a good argument to point out this quote as evidence for a previous instant click, but then ignore the quote as evidence of a current casting time.

Other quotes from the 2nd page about it having a cast time but previously instant click:
Quote:
Nov 09 2001
Umm, the last i knew the proc was Triggered not random. The cast time was upped from Instant to like 2 - 3 seconds.
Quote:
Nov 08 2001
This is real. It has a 3 second casting time, unlimited charges.
Quote:
Originally Posted by diamondfist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Id like to argue that point. During planes of power i dueled a friend named Torkya in plane of tranquility on emarr. it was 100% instant click. I vividly remember being in awe by how that one item removed my ability to even keep j boots and other instant clicks up.

which would line up with the lucy 3 second cast time being in 2004 as that is well past the PoP release date.
Let's state the obvious, memories can be unreliable. Even if this is true, that is a long time after this patch where they could have removed casting time later. There are other possibilities: it was another weapon, he had an abashi stick but also another instant click item (Golem Metal Wand, pre-nerf pumice stone, etc), you got hit once with a dispell casted but it removed a bunch of buffs at once so you thought he spammed it multiple times, etc.

As Para also stated, Lucy can be a good guide for hunting down some later changes, but there isn't a lot of evidence for classic data.
Old 02-13-2019, 11:57 AM
Kobold

It's not true....it had a cast time in velious...i know, i had one of, if not the first one on live. Moreover, Abashi was 3 slot dispel...abolish enchantment is cancel magic (9) x3
Last edited by woodlone; 02-13-2019 at 12:00 PM..
Old 02-13-2019, 03:50 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rygar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This quote is from your OP, it mentions it used to be instant click but NOW has a cast time. You conveniently left out the date of the quote, which is Nov 12 2001 (after last Velious patch, but before Luclin). It's not a good argument to point out this quote as evidence for a previous instant click, but then ignore the quote as evidence of a current casting time.

Other quotes from the 2nd page about it having a cast time but previously instant click:

Let's state the obvious, memories can be unreliable. Even if this is true, that is a long time after this patch where they could have removed casting time later. There are other possibilities: it was another weapon, he had an abashi stick but also another instant click item (Golem Metal Wand, pre-nerf pumice stone, etc), you got hit once with a dispell casted but it removed a bunch of buffs at once so you thought he spammed it multiple times, etc.

As Para also stated, Lucy can be a good guide for hunting down some later changes, but there isn't a lot of evidence for classic data.
I understand the doubt on your end. But i did and still do play with particles and sound (odd standards by most of the community i know) but I always felt disabling them took away from the game.

its 100% was the same spell effect as 8th/9th/10th ring going off on me the entire duel, which also lit me up as a easy target to follow as i tried to get distance from him.

This memory is extremely powerful and the main reason I rolled a monk on this server.

He certainly had 1 of a handful that were on live from the early velious era. He told me it was a prenerf version which I cant find any info anywhere about. but with the rarity and question of how many of these players with them kept going past velious... its impossible to find firsthand accounts of players who actually had this item or experience with it vs those who read the patch notes and interjected their thoughts via forums.

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodlone [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It's not true....it had a cast time in velious...i know, i had one of, if not the first one on live. Moreover, Abashi was 3 slot dispel...abolish enchantment is cancel magic (9) x3
Got a screenshot to prove it? theres way to many people claiming to have one here, and on the various threads going back to the day about it. This was a extremely extremely rare item even several xpacs after velious. Hell it took me 36 vulaks in a row to get one for my berserker during the DoN - Depths of darkhollow days.

eh im pretty open about who I was on live. nor do i hide who i am IG here via board names. and looking at your post history you certainly look like a forum warrior / troll. or maybe you are just salty. either way, i hope you get your eyepatch reimburse sooner then later. and you might want to properly fill out a petition.
Old 02-13-2019, 04:49 PM
Planar Protector

I'll keep an eye out for you, but if a 'pre-nerf' was allowed to continue to exist, there should be some easy commentary to find about insta-click OP greatness (especially if one was obtained on a PVP server).
Old 02-13-2019, 05:21 PM
Fire Giant

https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...ghlight=Abashi

So seems classic version was 1 buff dispell and 100 range and instant cast rather than 250 range 3 buff dispell and 3 secs cast.
Old 02-13-2019, 05:26 PM
Fire Giant

Also this says it should be 250 range: http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/s...tml?spell=1792

Currently listed on wiki as 200 =)

(I didn't look super deep into this, plz give insta click abashi <3333)