Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 09-10-2019, 05:29 PM
Kobold

Post To the community:

There seems to be a few stances people are taking on the UI changes with the recent patch.
  • QQ - I am not in favor of this change, I will quit and others will too, surely.
  • Classic is Classic - *Pitchforks raised* I demand everything be implemented, as evidence allows us to prove as a community.
  • Already Selectively Classic - Some mechanics and features have already been altered to suite the feel of classic based on what the team feels is needed to bring things in line with their vision.
  • Zealots - Who are chasing down people for questioning, Patron Saints of this community.

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

Lets cut through the noise and talk about the real issue at hand with this change and some others.

Putting aside my personal stance.

This has caused a rift in the community, Its not the first, and surely wont be the last.

It wouldn't matter so much if this change were definitive. But the problem is this change is a temporary roadblock for part of the community.

Those without the skill, will, or friends, are subject to these changes. Which is If I had to randomly throw a number at this id say is 85%-90% of the players on this server.

As with some changes in the past. Players can and will circumvent what has been done with this patch.

Without rewriting the code from scratch. There are limits to what can be done. The only thing that is happening is a game of chess between the staff, and those who think outside the box, or know how to work within the lines of said box.

*Some of you are scratching your heads right now* I'm sure others haven't even finished reading this and are already quoting and responding blindly.

Here is a very simple example of this situation that has already played out. For 3? 4? years now. (Ignoring those who have posted already they have circumvented this very issue with the UI hotbars, pet window, and combat window)

Think back to when the UI had timers on the buffs built in. It was this way for what 7 years on this server?

Well, like the current situation it was "fixed" for most players. To no longer have access to the timers.

Well, it had the same reactions with players ... same discussions, same arguments, etc.

But what really happened here? Players still had access to timers if they choose to run GINA. I personally don't run GINA, but many players do. Which let me remind people is certainly not classic.

But it still happens, and its something that is outside what staff can affect when it comes to what they implement here.

All that change did was push players to use GINA, boycott the server, or play at an unfair disadvantage.

So who is really getting hurt here?
  • The staffs vision is undermined.
  • General players are held hostage to restrictions that others aren't held to.
  • The servers reputation is tainted by drama. By a rule set that cant really be upheld in its way of implementation.
  • Part of the community is at each others throats due to their stance on the change.
  • Server Health will take some sort of player loss.

So, Where am I going with all this?

The solution isn't really a solution and only creates more of a broken system.

Equal Rights for Citizens of Norrath!

-Diamond
Old 09-10-2019, 05:33 PM
Kobold

For the mods and those posting under me:

This is a issue of the servers. Please refrain from attacking other players or the opinions within this thread. Reflect on what has been presented here. Please respond if you know of any solution(s) to the situation at hand.

All the above is factual observations from within these forums, or during my play sessions
Old 09-10-2019, 05:41 PM
Fire Giant

I welcome the challenge of one hotbar. Part of me is excited to mix disciples, combat abilities, and item slots efficiently on one bar. They keep raising the difficulty here and I appreciate that. This server is a lot like lord of the rings in that the times of old were better with more reward and the further we get away from that the harder and more appreciative we get for what we had.
Old 09-10-2019, 05:44 PM
Banned

I'm confused - does the first post count as a meltdown already?
Old 09-10-2019, 05:45 PM
Sarnak

I actually don't give a shit what they add, it's a free server and has been my main (and usually sole) game that I've played for close to 7 years now. Also I'm one of the ones who would very much like Luclin.

But I actually like the UI changes. I think it'll be a neat challenge and it does feel more classic.
Old 09-10-2019, 05:46 PM
Kobold

@ Mods please delete this post, As this was not intended as a rant and flame.

I find it every hard to believe that it this got moved here so swiftly, when you have the 2nd post calling me autistic which is against forums rules. and that post still stands.
Old 09-10-2019, 05:49 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by diamondfist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I find it every hard to believe
Old 09-10-2019, 05:50 PM
Planar Protector

Does it hurt anyone else’s brain the 15 different combinations of font, size, italicized text, bolder text, underlined text and punctuation/paragraph breaks?

In summary players should accept that the Titanium client isn’t long for this world and more interface features and commands will be removed in the near future, ideally before green launch.
Old 09-10-2019, 05:51 PM
Planar Protector

Terrible formatting.
Old 09-10-2019, 05:54 PM
Fire Giant

I imagine you'll be dodging a lot of semen here.

Thoughts and Prayers!
Closed Thread