Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 09-15-2019, 12:47 AM
Sarnak

Default Question about cultural armor timeline/relevance on green

Excited for Green, and I also really like the cultural armor concept, so just had some questions as I try to plan my alts way too far into the future
Are all cultural armor recipes (that exist in our timeline, and in blue today) introduced at the same time? Or at different times? I am mostly interested in:
Clockwork Watchman Armor (Gnome)
Imbued Steelsilk Armor (Erudite)
Enchanted/Imbued Koada'dal (High Elf)

These weren't released until Velious, right? At Velious, or how long after?

Also, how long can one expect for these armors to be useful vs Velious content? (I know some races are much better than others)
Old 09-15-2019, 05:00 AM
Fire Giant

Clockwork and steelsilk are definitly velious. High elf stuff is classic, except for the imbued versions. I think most cultural (human, high elf, dwarf, dark elf) was there in classic at least in their enchanted versions ; imbued deity specific came somewhere around october 2000. need confirmation as im not 100% sure
Old 09-15-2019, 06:03 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diogene [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Clockwork and steelsilk are definitly velious. High elf stuff is classic, except for the imbued versions. I think most cultural (human, high elf, dwarf, dark elf) was there in classic at least in their enchanted versions ; imbued deity specific came somewhere around october 2000. need confirmation as im not 100% sure
Definitely not launch classic. Quick google says they all started coming around September 2000 which would be Kunark era. Classic era I think you get Rubicite/Class Armor quests as the best until planar gear. With some few good individual pieces off the dragons and stuff.
Old 09-15-2019, 06:55 AM
Sarnak

Cultural was there but I don't remember hardly anyone wearing it. Rubicite was king. Later imbuded was added and cultural was expanded to classes. Considering the roll out promised, I would think there will be only a few with original cultural as everyone has to level and farm everything.
Last edited by sacman08; 09-15-2019 at 06:56 AM.. Reason: grammar
Old 09-15-2019, 08:03 AM
Sarnak

After doing a lot more reading, it seems like at least most of the races original recipes were added September 2000, 5 months after Kunark and 3 before Velious. Imbued was added later in Velious, Tinkering was added in velious.

Lots of people arguing about it back when p99 starterd.
Still could not find definitive info on:
When was Enchanted/Non-imbued added?
When was steelsilk added
Last edited by soronil; 09-15-2019 at 08:05 AM..
Old 09-15-2019, 12:02 PM
Planar Protector

I thought that the first cultural sets came the patch before Kunark, with a few extras during Kunark, and the erudite and clockworks last in Velious. I thought. Not know. ;p
Old 09-15-2019, 12:39 PM
Planar Protector

Wasn't there an issue with some of the cultural armors being much cheaper to craft on P1999 due to erroneous un-classic recipes? Anyone remember that, and whether or not that should be fixed on Green?
Old 09-15-2019, 12:59 PM
Skeleton

Testing, I apologize - having trouble posting.
Closed Thread