Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Tanks

Closed Thread

Old 06-20-2020, 02:22 PM
Fire Giant

Default Pally - Fungi versus Crown of Narandi

Have a 52 Pally I’ve been playing recently and have a Deepwater BP and Fungi right now. Do a fair amount of soloing since I usually can only play 1 or 2 hours at a time.

I use the Fungi during battle and switch to BP for heals. I use the BP rather than helm since it’s a lot more HP per cast and I don’t mind using up the Jasper each cast. Given this, do you think it would be more advantageous to have a Crown of Narandi or the Fungi? I can only afford one and with how fast I get HP back with the Deepwater BP I’m thinking the FT2 might be more helpful since I almost never am sitting and the passive mana regen would be more helpful.

Anyone have any experience with this or thoughts on it?

Thanks!
Old 06-20-2020, 02:26 PM
Planar Protector

I can't speak to the crown, but having worn a Fungi on multiple classes, and having added FT1 to one ... you will notice the Fungi's regen, but you absolutely will not notice the FT. On paper it is of course helping, but you won't actually notice it ... and I strongly suspect the same would be true even of FT2.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 06-20-2020, 04:00 PM
Fire Giant

Went full SS armor and Crown and I gotta say who needs a fungi? Unlimited mana, full ac, max haste, and a undead proc and you will never need a fungi.

http://wiki.project1999.com/Magelo_Blue:Gladimir
Old 06-20-2020, 04:09 PM
Planar Protector

I'd rather have the Narandi Crown between the two given it's also at or near best-available statistics for its slot. The flowing thought is simply a bonus on an already excellent item. Fungus Tunic's regeneration (150 HP/minute maximum) is paltry next to what the Deepwater Chest does. That being said, I do not use a crown on my Shadow Knight due to the crown not having a graphic; I like having a visible helm so I accept using an otherwise inferior item.

Figure 1200 mana per hour maximum, meaning the crown's effect in practice is you either go a little longer between meditate breaks or don't have to sit for quite as long when you take one. The effect is fairly noticeable if you're operating in mana-conservation mode and use mana only slowly. If you're using most of your mana bar every fight, you won't notice it so much.

Danth
Old 06-20-2020, 04:20 PM
Fire Giant

I'm too broke to have either, but I believe Breeze is 2 mana/tick. I'd consider hitting up a chanter for a Breeze and see if you can tell the difference. I feel like I can on my 49 ranger, but I'm an optimist so it could be the placebo effect [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 06-20-2020, 04:22 PM
Fire Giant

Thanks for the feedback! Was planning on trying to do full Kael armor for the ac and look and have 36% worn haste. Naethyn your Pally looks awesome.

I usually use my mana for only the essentials like self buffs, Yaulp, and a root if I need some life mid fight. Based on that I think the crown would be better. For 30 mana in a fight I can root and heal up 900 hp in 30 seconds. Only time I ever have to take a break now is when I run out of mana.

Thanks again for the help and have decided to go with the crown. Hopefully I can find one for sale that’s reasonably priced.
Old 06-20-2020, 04:33 PM
Banned

I movd my fungi off my now 56 Paladin since it was better served somewhere else.

Like someone said above: it's 150hp per minute - 1 DW helm cast at 56 is 121hp, 1 dw bp cast is 307, one CC cast is 700- 875 hp heal.

While a fungi is always good, on a class that has healing options it's mitigated and as such I found it way more useful on my Shaman.

When ever I afk to med up etc. I throw on Divine Purpose (8hp per tick for 3 mana). Also if you run DP with a Narandi Crown during combat it will return 80 hp for 10 mana per minute as the FT 2 will account for 2 of the 3 mana...also factor in you have 1 mana per tick standing meaning your standing mana regen will be 0 for 8 hp per tick.

If you have a dw bp and a Narandi Crown that would be my choice too.

P.s lucky you to have this dilema - one day I hope to have that crown too.
Last edited by White_knight; 06-20-2020 at 04:44 PM..
Old 06-20-2020, 04:55 PM
Kobold

Crown of Narandi is a tough find right now. Searching it on the auction section shows at least the last 8 mentions in a row are people buying. Didn't look past that. When someone does finally sell one they will be flush with offers.

I blame that one recent melee thread for inspiring a bunch of new paladin alts.
Old 06-20-2020, 06:45 PM
Planar Protector

I have Crown of Narandi and Shawl 7 on my SK. The mana regeneration is definately noticeable when soloing. You spend a lot of time standing, between combat, spells, and clickies. I usually think of mana regeneration in terms of buffs. If you spend 600 mana per hour on buffs, Flowing Thought I means all of your buffs are free, assuming no dispells.

Another way to think is with respawn timers. You save 3 minutes per hour per flowing thought on meditate at level 60. That means crown saves 6 minutes per hour of meditation. If you are keeping a 20 minute respawn camp down, that means you need to meditate 2 less minutes per clear. That could easily be the difference between barely keeping the mobs down, and always keeping the mobs down. As a melee class, RNG can easily disrupt your recovery if you happen to deal low damage, while the mob deals high damage.
Old 06-20-2020, 10:46 PM
Sarnak

I agree the crown is better. Fungi is pretty redundant on a paladin once you get into the 50s and your mana becomes more and more valuable as you get higher.
P99: [52 Champion] Alysane (Barbarian) <Auld Lang Syne>
SZ : [65 Lord Protector] Cochise (Erudite) <Sanctus Lumen>
Closed Thread