Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 07-23-2014, 07:28 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Default Just lost all my money for no reason... =(

My jewelcrafting is 201. I see someone selling a gem for 2.7k today, and I see according to the wiki that I can make an earring worth 3-3.5k out of it, so I figured I could make a little money off of it.

So I buy the gem and go to make the earring (140 trivial) and of course it fails to combine. After sitting around for a few days in EC selling lower level jewelry for 30-60pp per transaction, I just lost all that work for no reason whatsoever.

I was TRYING to save up for Jboots but that doesn't look like it's happening any longer. Now I don't even have the urge to log back onto the server after it erased so many hours of work from me. Bummer. My fault for trying to be greedy I guess, but man does that hurt...
Old 07-23-2014, 07:32 PM
Banned

I remember in classic when I lost my +7 cha torch I got off some wandering gypsy in lavastorm cus I was PK'd by someone and it was the Rallos Zek ffa item loot days... I sat on the stoop of my 19 year old selfs apartment, and cried...

I looked up and was like im fucking crying over a video game? wtf is wrong with me.

and i loged back in.

and then i almost failed out of college.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

But seriously, I am sorry for your loss.. I will buy some low grade earrings tonight, got any +5 resist earrings or something? Ill take a like +2 dex.

whatever it takes! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

*edit* Oh yea I was playing a necro so wtf that torch didnt even do anything for me, I didnt even know what charisma meant either.
Old 07-23-2014, 07:36 PM
Planar Protector

JC is really not a great way to make money unless you have a large stock of diamond, black sapphires, or blue diamonds. If you are low level, you should keep leveling up, and eventually you'll end up in groups that have items drop that are actually worth money.
Old 07-23-2014, 07:39 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Haha I know man, if this was 2001 I would probably be throwing something expensive across the room and then immediately regretting it.

Still puts a huge damper on the fun I was having this past week when I was just starting to get back into P1999. Oh well, I don't think I'm gonna be back for another long while now. Hours are too precious all these years later to have them go up in flames in the matter of a click. EQ has always been a cruel temptress. This is why i love/hate it =)
Old 07-23-2014, 07:52 PM
Fire Giant

make a kickstarter
Old 07-23-2014, 08:01 PM
Planar Protector

I had the first crystal dagger on my L2 server and it was sweet. Took me and 4 other people a month of farming to craft it. Problem with enchanting stuff in L2 was stuff could blow up after you go past +3. My dagger blew up on +4 after I got jealous of an enemy rogue's +5 one. Didn't quit but it was sure hard to figuratively look the people who helped me craft it in the eye for a long time.
Old 07-23-2014, 09:38 PM
Planar Protector

/random 100

What I understand of it, it's not the ideal way to go for making a quick "little money" with JC'ing here. Maybe long term I'd expect, probably recoup training losses eventually anyway (what is it 20k to train out?). But you lost the greed roll this time, and if it were a need roll you probably wouldn't be as disappointed but stick it out to try again.

The solution for jboots however... roll a class with the golden buff? The price you pay for not. Just enjoy the ride with whatever you roll. If it's for any other reason, yeah you'll ragequit eventually.

Reason = gambled, lost.
Last edited by Daywolf; 07-23-2014 at 09:43 PM..
Old 07-23-2014, 10:26 PM
Sarnak

Ya that sucks bro.. But sometimes life is a bitch.. But it's only EQ, TONS MORE FUN THINGS (oops) to do, and or go camp something that sells.. Mediocre [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Good luck
Old 07-24-2014, 03:08 AM
Planar Protector

Ouch
Old 07-24-2014, 04:37 AM
Kobold

Bad luck. But you also gambled so ...

Keep going and just level
Closed Thread