Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 03-21-2020, 10:24 AM
Orc

Default Green vs. Blue - Why are there always more users on Green?

Hello,

This discussion probably exists elsewhere, but since I did not find it I decided to start here.. I am still relatively new.. my "main" is a level 6 D.Elf Nec. and I rolled a few other toons to check-out the cities and starting areas... after some exploration I realized that the Blue server probably has more to offer than the Green server in terms of content, BUT I always see that there are more people playing Green than Blue... would anyone have any idea why that would be? Are there actually more people consistently starting out and leveling on Green than Blue? Would Green still be the "better" option for a lowbie/newbie like myself? Like, what does Green have to offer when Blue appears to have more cities, zones and content?
Old 03-21-2020, 11:18 AM
Banned

Blue has been in existence for more than 10 years now, and its current population are almost exclusively high end raiders and their alts. The economy is very inflated, and you will have a hard time finding people to group with while leveling up on blue. If you are primarily interested in raiding then roll a solo char on this server to get to 60 as fast as possible.

Green is relatively new, its has no expansion content yet, but there are plenty of people to group with at all level ranges, who, like yourself, have little gear. It therefore offers the better 'classic experience' - everyone starts off very weak, and you need to group up to acheive anything. Kunark should come later this year, followed by Velious the year after that, so ultimately you won't miss out on content by rolling on this server rather than blue.
Last edited by Tiax; 03-21-2020 at 11:26 AM..
Old 03-21-2020, 11:34 AM
Banned

If you aren't sure which one to roll on, roll on Green.
Old 03-21-2020, 12:03 PM
Orc

Thank you for the prompt and thorough response! Exactly what I needed to know! You rock, Tiax!
Old 03-22-2020, 12:18 AM
Orc

Some info on the Green server population that I just posted:

https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...d.php?t=353063
Old 03-22-2020, 12:23 AM
Orc

Excellent work man! Thanks for sharing!
Old 03-22-2020, 01:34 AM
Large Bat

I've just rolled on Green as I wanted to get myself a DE mask more than anything. I've not really had any trouble finding a group as a Shaman and to be honest 99.9% of the people so far have been decent enough.

Dominated by Druids, Enchanters and Necros though. I mean people have rolled solo classes to farm plat then pimp out their lowbie toons I guess?
Old 03-22-2020, 05:35 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pengting [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I've just rolled on Green as I wanted to get myself a DE mask more than anything. I've not really had any trouble finding a group as a Shaman and to be honest 99.9% of the people so far have been decent enough.

Dominated by Druids, Enchanters and Necros though. I mean people have rolled solo classes to farm plat then pimp out their lowbie toons I guess?
This will just lead to a market glut in a year of yaks, fbss, mithril, mith2h, as kunark rolls around. But prices will be inflated as there will be a maximum level of platinum on the market. Fewer buyers. More producers. Less profit for people who stockpiled pixels.

This only will probably affect the casual player a little, we may be getting our epics a few months to a year later than otherwise. Where as diehard EQ Chads will have loads of fun farming fungus on their enchanter alt.

I feel like it's a win win and will balance out for people who don't want to sit around sebilis for like evar. We'll still have more than enough to enjoy playing our characters without pushing for BIS within days or hours of content going live..

Granted tons of people love classic for the sake of classic. And I would definitely roll on an red rallos style item loot server that never goes kunark just for the nostalgia. I am sure lots of people on green feel the same and are just enjoying the game at its hardest and most atmospheric. On the classes they love.
Last edited by magnetaress; 03-22-2020 at 05:40 AM..
Old 03-22-2020, 08:51 AM
Large Bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnetaress [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
And I would definitely roll on an red rallos style item loot server that never goes kunark just for the nostalgia. I am sure lots of people on green feel the same and are just enjoying the game at its hardest and most atmospheric. On the classes they love.
On the subject of this I played on Sullon Zek until Luclin. Resists got too out of hand in Velious and VT loot made it even worse.

If they released a PvP server which only stayed in Kunark? maybe Velious. I think it could be fun. No looting of gear as people will get farmed but some sort of Scoreboard like Sullon Zek had would be cool.
Old 03-22-2020, 10:42 AM
Banned

blue is where its at
Closed Thread