Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 03-08-2011, 07:30 PM
Sarnak

Default full screen mode

So i just got a new laptop and am trying to run in full screen mode, but for some reason it isn't allowing me to do so. When i try and open it to the full screen mode using this widescreen i crash. When i finally got it to the resolution i wanted in game and tried to full screen again it froze up. Now that i have it set at the resolution for it to register at full screen upon log in view it freezes up with some sort of memory error. Any ideas?
Old 03-08-2011, 09:12 PM
Fire Giant

Open your eqclient.ini file and search for 'WindowedWidth', change the windowed and full resolutions to match your desktop resolution. Also search for the 'Windowedmode' and set it to false instead of true. Save and load up EQ.
Old 03-08-2011, 09:34 PM
Sarnak

thanks a ton appreciate the help will give it a shot
Old 03-08-2011, 10:00 PM
Fire Giant

Also try the installer I have it will set the resolutions for you with a few clicks, just pick what you want (see my signature for the link). It will also let you set up other things on your new laptop. The link has all the info on what you can do with it [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Hope that helps.
Old 03-08-2011, 11:10 PM
Sarnak

awesome thanks a lot, does this work without a new clean install of the game or does it need both the install of the program and game?
Old 03-08-2011, 11:13 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by PureLo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
awesome thanks a lot, does this work without a new clean install of the game or does it need both the install of the program and game?
It will work on a clean install and on a non clean install.

You do need to have the game installed already, but it doesnt matter if its clean or not.
Old 03-08-2011, 11:30 PM
Sarnak

awesome sounds good, thanks again for the help
Old 03-08-2011, 11:56 PM
Sarnak

well it looks as if the first fix won't be a fix considering i don't see an eqclient.ini file within my folder. I don't really want to add a third party program, but it may be my only option unless there is another solution somebody knows.
Old 03-09-2011, 12:24 AM
Fire Giant

Well the real question is, why wouldn't you want to play in a full windowed... window? I mean, it makes alt tabbing much easier and it causes the game to crash less often because of how computers these days have trouble running old games like EQ in a window.

Seriously, every time I see a fucking thread like this OH MYGOD THEY HAD 14 PEOPLE ITS OUR MOB LOL OURS OURS OURS YESSS I just want to fucking deathtouch the entire guild and despawn the mob.
Old 03-09-2011, 12:39 AM
Fire Giant

Sounds like you have EQ in the Program Files folder. Change the admin permissions or better install out of that folder.
Last edited by Savok; 03-09-2011 at 12:43 AM..