Fire Giant

I love my drugs, sorry I’m not SXE
Kittens Who Say Meow / Asgard / The Mystical Order / Forsaken / Aftermath
Sacrifice*P99G*
[] Tunare 2000+ Kabijito [] FippyDarkpaw TLP Radda []
Old 08-15-2018, 01:02 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wonkie [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
isn't most acid fake now
Yup. It's mostly research chemicals in various combinations that are about a decade beyond what the law can make illegal to possess.
Old 08-15-2018, 02:21 PM
Banned

Pretty interesting thread with a lot of cool and normal points to address.

Anecdotally, I know several Psy D grad students who have done a lot of microdosing and rave about it. I didnt notice them be any smarter doing it though. They are also drug addicts who take amphetamine salts or MDMA on a daily/weekly basis respectively. Through them, I heard about the promising research and potential value of microdosing. I also came to realize that the people most inclined to micro-dose are the people most inclined to DOSE anything in general.

I am sure that there is therapeutic value in it. But I'm with Gatmanno. Its very dangeruos to be dosing yourself with psychedelics and entheogens on a daily basis. Ive taken my fair share of mushrooms, acid, you fukken name it kiddo, all in the pursuit of greater perception and Self-awareness. That stuff is dangerous. I'm really fortunate things didn't go worse for me. I realize micro-dosing is a different level, but also you really have no fucking idea what the neurological implications are going to be 10 years down the line, so be careful, and probably only do it VERY RARELY or under real expert supervision.

I have seen some quotes Cecily where she rages against Gatmanno's expert positioning. Yes, its the Age of Information. Yes you can educate yourself. No, your 1-10 hours of home cooked Googling will not result in a functional expertise comparable to students who invest tens of thousands of dollars and thousands of hours into the pursuit of extremely rare and novel information and a community to help them digest it into actionable knowledge.

Generally speaking, drugs are bad. Even cannabis has some serious downsides. Dont let legalization ruin your life, friends. I might take pscilocybin mushrooms again at some point in my life, but its with a lot of gravity. It's not something you should fuck around with. Use it like a surgical tool and hopefully you dont cut some important shit.
Old 08-15-2018, 02:52 PM
Planar Protector

Red face

we don't need no education
we don't need no thought control
no dark sarcasm in the classroom
teachers leave them kids alone
Old 08-15-2018, 02:53 PM
Planar Protector

There's plenty of educated idiots, too. We're specifically talking mental health here. Most patients aren't adequately informed by their doctors of the risks involved with their psych medications, particularly withdrawal symptoms should the patient choose to discontinue or run out. It's frighteningly common that doctors simply aren't aware of this information. A person with a doctorate has a good starting point, but they aren't by any means as well informed as you'd like to think.
Old 08-15-2018, 03:04 PM
Planar Protector

Red face

Strongly encourages Cecily delves deep into Dunning & Kruger line of research. Is fairly recent line froms 1999, so will only needs read few hundred to maybe thousand papers before understanding of most. Assumings decent understanding of linear algebra and regression statistics, in any ways. As autodidact wills find many uncomfortable fact undermining confidence in own ostensible troofs, while transperson find of also many agreeable fact, such as of overconfident doctor. Ams very intersectional, woke most, in ways. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 08-15-2018, 03:05 PM
Planar Protector

But still don't self-medicates please.
Old 08-15-2018, 03:08 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by zodium [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Strongly encourages Cecily delves deep into Dunning & Kruger line of research. Is fairly recent line froms 1999, so will only needs read few hundred to maybe thousand papers before understanding of most. Assumings decent understanding of linear algebra and regression statistics, in any ways. As autodidact wills find many uncomfortable fact undermining confidence in own ostensible troofs, while transperson find of also many agreeable fact, such as of overconfident doctor. Ams very intersectional, woke most, in ways. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

i've,,, also been to d&d

could you tell me about the cargo cult? i love that one
Old 08-15-2018, 03:16 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by zodium [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I need you to stop overestimating your ability at Englishes before we continues this conversation.
I'm familiar with the Dunning-Kruger effect. Thank you.
Old 08-15-2018, 03:21 PM
Planar Protector

Hmm well, thought cargo cult theory was of pretty interestings originally, then 'author' got high as kite on own farts and fells into autodidact trap. Then stopsed paying attention to. Still sometimes informally use one term I forgets, compaction cycle?