Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 09-12-2016, 09:59 AM
Skeleton

Default Level 1 Barbarian

I saw this on another post from 2012, and man... people on the internet are such jerks sometimes. I have to search for 10 minutes to find a white con at level 1. SO MANY yellow cons. This is not the EQ I remember. I played it then, and there was nowhere near this many yellow cons at level 1. Just funny- I'll have leveled in a few hours and can start taking on what's yellow now, but hot dang this is stupid!
Old 09-12-2016, 10:31 AM
Fire Giant

Yeah. Everfrost can be brutal.
Old 09-12-2016, 10:59 AM
Fire Giant

Everfrost is widely considered to be the hardest newb zone on p99. If you are anything but shaman you should leave asap.
Old 09-12-2016, 11:09 AM
Kobold

Although a newbie can earn serious plat there by helping lv 50+ players killing ice giants. I used to run gold to the Halas bank from Perma entrance and usually got 50% when changed to plat. Plus i was given a lot of FS weps, so you can potentially have about 1.5-2k to twink yourself when you hit lv 7ish. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 09-12-2016, 11:38 AM
Skeleton

I just hit level 3. It's not so bad now that I have more than 30 hp... but yeah, once I get all the basic quests done that I want to and get enough ruined pelts to be walking around covered, I'm splitting. I do love Blackburrow though.... also Crushbone... decisions! :P

But yeah, I will remember that Everfrost is a brutal zone for level 1. It's just frustrating having to hunt for something you can actually kill at that level!
Old 09-12-2016, 01:32 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by JediOfTheShire [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I just hit level 3. It's not so bad now that I have more than 30 hp... but yeah, once I get all the basic quests done that I want to and get enough ruined pelts to be walking around covered, I'm splitting. I do love Blackburrow though.... also Crushbone... decisions! :P

But yeah, I will remember that Everfrost is a brutal zone for level 1. It's just frustrating having to hunt for something you can actually kill at that level!
hit up Befallen. Perfect locale; run to EC for some buffs, head back & slaughter with the highest available ZEM in EQ
Old 09-12-2016, 03:07 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by JediOfTheShire [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Blackburrow is very fun and classic. I would encourage you to bind in qeynos though, if you get killed in BB you have to run quite a gauntlet to get back from halas.

If the surefall glade port was on p99 the qeynos/halas area of the world would have a lot more people in it.
Old 09-12-2016, 06:20 PM
Fire Giant

Stop complaining about Halas and be a Barbarian...

Your big, your tough and you can stomp out anything... And that's just the female Barbarians.
Old 09-12-2016, 09:28 PM
Kobold

The devs have been made aware of this. They did improve things last year after we complained about it which is appreciated.

However, I do not believe the Everfrost newbie area is close to the same as it was on live.

The problems:

-not enough level 1 mobs and far too many yellow cons for a level 1 player
-still not enough level 1-3 mobs in general

You pretty much have to be twinked to survive and progress through the Everfrost newbie zone.
Old 09-12-2016, 11:19 PM
Planar Protector

send me a tell im often on my warrior named Detoxx. I'll get ya some starter gear and weapons, and help with any buffs or ports if ya ever need