Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

View Poll Results: Will you take the coronavirus vaccine?
Yes, Absolutely. I cannot wait for it. 24 43.64%
Maybe, I am reluctant but scared of covid 10 18.18%
Not likely, I dont think i need it 10 18.18%
Never, I dont take vaccines. 7 12.73%
I cant it reacts with my hormone pills 4 7.27%
Voters: 55. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 11-24-2020, 04:48 PM
Banned

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 11-24-2020, 05:12 PM
Planar Protector

thanks for that nightmare fuel kjs86z
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Old 11-24-2020, 05:15 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by charmcitysking [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ugh.

Stop acting like this is a vaccine for measles or the mumps and that you know that you're getting what it says on the tin. It's a virus that isn't even a year old and one we hardly know anything about in the long-term. The vaccines have been rushed to market and developed using a very small testing pool.

Cringing at the thought of you having children that you're going to jab with this vaccine the first chance you can.
These are not small trials with small testing pools. The timeline is truncated but the phase III trials involve tens of thousands of people with each vaccine, and hundreds of thousands across all three vaccines. That is a larger trial than many of the medications you'll be given if you end up in the hospital, and they will have far less side effects than many approved medications. If you ever end up in afib and they give you amiodarone, congrats your kidneys are probably fucked for life. Any medication and any vaccine is a risk benefit analysis. They give you amiodarone for afib because afib kills you. It's better to be alive with damaged kidneys than dead from a massive stroke because your atria stopped working.

Likewise, just as you said, coronavirus isn't even a year old. We have no idea what the long term effects of the virus are. We have people permanently losing their sense of smell, having their small blood vessels destroyed, getting blood clots, small strokes, and cardiomyopathy. These things aren't happening to the vaccinated people in the phase III trials. These are things that WE KNOW ARE HAPPENING to some people with covid. Now compare that to the remote, obscure possibility of long-term vaccine side effects which are stupidly rare in pretty much any vaccine ever administered. How can you look at these options and choose to risk getting fucked up by covid?

And that's making the assumption that you are young and healthy and your chance of severe covid symptoms is like 1 in 500. What about people who are old with comorbidities... diabetes, heart disease, COPD, etc, whose chance of severe symptoms or death is closer to 1 in 100 to 1 in 10 depending on their health. Are you going to tell them not to get the vaccine because you're worried about the possibility of 1 in 1,000,000 Guillain-Barre?

Hint: If your anwer is some variation of "There's too many people on Earth / They shouldn't have gotten heart disease or diabetes / They are old and want to die anyway", then you're a dumbass psychopath and shouldn't be giving advice, sharing opinions, or entrusted with the care of anybody.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gwaihir [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
#2 doesn't apply to a mRNA vaccine you fucking parrot
That's why I included the two mRNA vaccines in #2 you fucking illiterate.
Old 11-24-2020, 05:37 PM
Banned

This vaccine isnt like others, its a simple immuno response that will need to be boosted yearly, like a flu vaccine.
Old 11-24-2020, 06:13 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lune [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
These are not small trials with small testing pools. The timeline is truncated but the phase III trials involve tens of thousands of people with each vaccine, and hundreds of thousands across all three vaccines. That is a larger trial than many of the medications you'll be given if you end up in the hospital, and they will have far less side effects than many approved medications. If you ever end up in afib and they give you amiodarone, congrats your kidneys are probably fucked for life. Any medication and any vaccine is a risk benefit analysis. They give you amiodarone for afib because afib kills you. It's better to be alive with damaged kidneys than dead from a massive stroke because your atria stopped working.

Likewise, just as you said, coronavirus isn't even a year old. We have no idea what the long term effects of the virus are. We have people permanently losing their sense of smell, having their small blood vessels destroyed, getting blood clots, small strokes, and cardiomyopathy. These things aren't happening to the vaccinated people in the phase III trials. These are things that WE KNOW ARE HAPPENING to some people with covid. Now compare that to the remote, obscure possibility of long-term vaccine side effects which are stupidly rare in pretty much any vaccine ever administered. How can you look at these options and choose to risk getting fucked up by covid?

And that's making the assumption that you are young and healthy and your chance of severe covid symptoms is like 1 in 500. What about people who are old with comorbidities... diabetes, heart disease, COPD, etc, whose chance of severe symptoms or death is closer to 1 in 100 to 1 in 10 depending on their health. Are you going to tell them not to get the vaccine because you're worried about the possibility of 1 in 1,000,000 Guillain-Barre?

Hint: If your anwer is some variation of "There's too many people on Earth / They shouldn't have gotten heart disease or diabetes / They are old and want to die anyway", then you're a dumbass psychopath and shouldn't be giving advice, sharing opinions, or entrusted with the care of anybody.

That's why I included the two mRNA vaccines in #2 you fucking illiterate.
The short answer is no. I won't be taking any mRNA vaccines; nor will my children.

I don't care how many paragraphs and false equivalencies you write.

You're a dipshit.
Old 11-24-2020, 06:19 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
People throwing the word vaccine around but aren't properly labeling synthetic or natural.
what would be in a 'natural' vaccine? I've never heard of such nonsense
Old 11-24-2020, 06:34 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woke Locc [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
what would be in a 'natural' vaccine? I've never heard of such nonsense
Yeah woke locc I know facts don't make sense to you. I don't understand how you can post with such confidence when you're so wrong. It's almost to the point, I think you're just trolling on purpose to stir the pot. Time after time you continue to say 'you're wrong' and then present no factual information to backup your claims.

You can get started learning what a Vaccine is here.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vaccine
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Last edited by Baler; 11-24-2020 at 06:47 PM.. Reason: typo fix
Old 11-24-2020, 07:33 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lune [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Who is the sheep, the person who understands factual information or the person who gets led astray by bullshit on facebook, twitter, federalist society, and fox news?

I think it's very telling that the fundamental reasoning all you anti-vaxxers rest on when faced with the public health implications of your decision is this:

You don't care you who kill with your superspreading, which makes you terrible people.
Not Anti-Vax, swing and a miss...bahhhhh goes the sheep.
Old 11-24-2020, 07:37 PM
Banned

Quote:
We have no idea what the long term effects of the virus are. We have people permanently losing their sense of smell.
The irony here is shocking.

Permanently implies no hope and no cure, not what's happening. These people have lost smell for at most a year. These things routinely turn around.
Old 11-24-2020, 08:04 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yeah woke locc I know facts don't make sense to you. I don't understand how you can post with such confidence when you're so wrong. It's almost to the point, I think you're just trolling on purpose to stir the pot. Time after time you continue to say 'you're wrong' and then present no factual information to backup your claims.

You can get started learning what a Vaccine is here.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vaccine
You're the one demanding natural, if you know just tell me what that means. I'm trying to learn stuff!

E: it sounded like you're talking About ingredients
Last edited by Woke Locc; 11-24-2020 at 08:09 PM..
Closed Thread