Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 04-24-2020, 02:39 PM
Aviak

Seriously though, it makes zero sense that we would promote 100+ man raids (rooted dragons) in favor of small guilds being able to actively compete for targets. (unrooted dragons).

North dragons need to just die in north wing and be done with it. The first 5-6 were pulled to zone in during Velious era. This isn't speculation.... this is fact. Anyone who actually played during this era knows it.

Why even argue it anymore?
Old 04-24-2020, 02:43 PM
Aviak

I also mean the zone out in west. Just because it was 20 years ago, doesn't mean we were all idiots.

We had some of the best monks that ever played this game on Bristlebane....

Shintaaro, Caleros, Paulia, Pouty, Vabtoo, Hieko, and I'm sure I'm missing others. To think we weren't pulling stuff around and bringing close proxmity dragons to zone in and zone out is just ignorant.
Old 04-24-2020, 03:21 PM
Planar Protector

Another important thing to note about the way things were on classic is that you didn't have 150 man zergs poopsocking every dragon spawn. There was time for a 60 person raid force to clear to a dragon without having to worry about getting leapfrogged. This was the case on the server I played on and the ones some of my good friends played on. Also, guilds generally waited til multiple dragons were up and would crawl from aary through kreizenn, for example.
Old 04-24-2020, 03:31 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyjalx [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I also mean the zone out in west. Just because it was 20 years ago, doesn't mean we were all idiots.

We had some of the best monks that ever played this game on Bristlebane....

Shintaaro, Caleros, Paulia, Pouty, Vabtoo, Hieko, and I'm sure I'm missing others. To think we weren't pulling stuff around and bringing close proxmity dragons to zone in and zone out is just ignorant.
Dude don’t you know we’re in a pandemic right now? Healthcare workers are completely slammed, so stop making us have to call the waaaambulance so much for you when they have more important things to be doing.
Old 04-24-2020, 03:35 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd288 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Dude don’t you know we’re in a pandemic right now? Healthcare workers are completely slammed, so stop making us have to call the waaaambulance so much for you when they have more important things to be doing.
riot warmbody not pleased that you're breaking the narrative hyjal

if they unroot the dragons, what happens to carebear land
Old 04-24-2020, 03:47 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyjalx [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Seriously though, it makes zero sense that we would promote 100+ man raids (rooted dragons) in favor of small guilds being able to actively compete for targets. (unrooted dragons).

North dragons need to just die in north wing and be done with it. The first 5-6 were pulled to zone in during Velious era. This isn't speculation.... this is fact. Anyone who actually played during this era knows it.

Why even argue it anymore?
I feel like you're ignoring two basic facts.
  1. pulling dragons to zone is unclasic*,
  2. pulling dragons to zone is an exploit
To clarify that asterisk, yes: dragons 100% did get pulled to zone during Velious. No one contests that ... just like no one contests that rotations did happen on some servers during Velious, or that AoE groups happened (I know Fu people who did them in Sebilis during Kunark!)

But even so, the staff has been crystal clear (as recently as the newest patch thread) about the fact that this place is not just about classic mechanics: it's about classic experience. 25-mob limits never existed on live but having the limit is a million times more classic than Chardok being only for AoE groups and Overthere being only for AoE bards. AoE limits are "more classic" than the literal classic mechanic.

If you want to "prove" pulling dragons is classic, you can't just prove "it was possible": you have to demonstrate that most servers spent most of Velious pulling dragons. But even if you proved that ... it only solves #1! As long as the devs consider fighting dragons at ZL to be an exploit, you still have #2 ... and good luck with that, because Verant provided strong, strong evidence that even they considered it an exploit (by rooting the dragons shortly after the end of Velious).

So I 100% agree with you about what Fu did on Bristlebane. If I had any doubts, I have the numbers of multiple ex-Fu members in my phone, and I could call and ask them ... but that's not the issue. The issue is whether it's classic (in P99 terms), and whether it's an exploit.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 04-24-2020, 03:57 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What is your response to 150+ person raids to kill 1 dragon not being classic? How would you fix this to restore a more classic feel to the server?
Old 04-24-2020, 03:59 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
  2. pulling dragons to zone is an exploit
To clarify that asterisk, yes: dragons 100% did get pulled to zone during Velious. No one contests that ... just like no one contests that rotations did happen on some servers during Velious, or that AoE groups happened (I know Fu people who did them in Sebilis during Kunark!)

But even so, the staff has been crystal clear (as recently as the newest patch thread) about the fact that this place is not just about classic mechanics: it's about classic experience. 25-mob limits never existed on live but having the limit is a million times more classic than Chardok being only for AoE groups and Overthere being only for AoE bards. AoE limits are "more classic" than the literal classic mechanic.

If you want to "prove" pulling dragons is classic, you can't just prove "it was possible": you have to demonstrate that most servers spent most of Velious pulling dragons. But even if you proved that ... it only solves #1! As long as the devs consider fighting dragons at ZL to be an exploit, you still have #2 ... and good luck with that, because Verant provided strong, strong evidence that even they considered it an exploit (by rooting the dragons shortly after the end of Velious).

So I 100% agree with you about what Fu did on Bristlebane. If I had any doubts, I have the numbers of multiple ex-Fu members in my phone, and I could call and ask them ... but that's not the issue. The issue is whether it's classic (in P99 terms), and whether it's an exploit.
So what is it called when Riot does the same thing but instead of training dragon to zone in they just train all the adds, and kill 0 mobs and only the dragon, example Dagarn, train everything and just burn it down? Classic? [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 04-24-2020, 04:01 PM
Aviak

Poopsocking as we know it today didn't exist because there were scheduled patches every week. And yes, guilds DID leapfrog each other. By 6-7pm, there was 150 people in Aary pit on patch day.

Club Fu and Ring of Valor had to be separated many times and use to race to pull Aary and the lairs of Feshlak, Dagarn, Kriezenn and Kriezenn. So yes you did have to worry about getting leapfrogged, and nobody was waiting for dragons to pop. Variance didn't exist.

North dragons should stay in north, just like in classic. I am not arguing against that. But unrooting the dragons like it was on live decreases the need to have 50 extra warm bodies charge into guards and other drakes + the dragon all at the same time.

What we have now is just a different game, and is the entire reason why nobody will be seeing a Vulak anytime this decade unless a suspension happens. It caters to one massive zerg force and nobody else.
Old 04-24-2020, 04:07 PM
Aviak

It was never an exploit Loramin. No idea what you are talking about. Just because the staff here say it is, doesn't mean that's how it was.

So you want me to prove against 2 basic rules that never existed? ...
Closed Thread