Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 05-03-2020, 05:24 PM
Fire Giant

Default Any confirmed Manastone sales yet?

The 'razzi are dying for a photo
Old 05-21-2020, 11:55 PM
Skeleton

Still curious - don’t think I’ve found a confirmed sale or valid price yet just pipe dreams
Old 05-22-2020, 12:09 AM
Orc

Sadly the people who have the amount of plat required has stones, it will take until end of kunark for casuals to afford stones.
Old 05-22-2020, 01:15 AM
Kobold

I have grouped with a cleric that said they bought their manastone rather than camp it.
Old 05-22-2020, 02:56 AM
Planar Protector

By the time anyone has the plat to buy it will be a useless item that doesnt work in the new zones everyone is now in haha kinda ironic
It was at this point I decided to no longer be kind to the casuals as they have extreme short term memory. They did this to themselves, unfortunately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maner View Post
No one in A/A cares that you aren't getting pixels. In fact after the last suspension wave the attitude is to stop letting the casual guilds get anything even remotely of value.
Old 05-22-2020, 04:04 AM
Aviak

if they keep the current zems in, I think alot of people will be leveling in old-world all the way to 60. Also I wonder how many stones got taken out by the RMT ban sweep, I'm sure a lot were farmed for that purpose and caught up in it. Haven't been paying too much attention lately but as far as I know none have been sold post-removal.
Old 05-22-2020, 07:30 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by damus1 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
if they keep the current zems in, I think alot of people will be leveling in old-world all the way to 60
May be news to you but leveling to 60 in the classic world was always the best due to classic mobs having less hp than kunark-velious mobs. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Old 05-22-2020, 08:09 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guesty07 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I have grouped with a cleric that said they bought their manastone rather than camp it.
I bought mine. Pre-merge.
Old 05-22-2020, 08:19 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
May be news to you but leveling to 60 in the classic world was always the best due to classic mobs having less hp than kunark-velious mobs. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Depends on the class. bards, necros, and druids, for instance would have a pretty strong incentive to headout and spend the majorty if not all their time in kunark. Enchanters, too, since they are often only capped in their kill rate by available mobs to engage. To some degree mages are the same, and as they hit 40+ it's harder and harder to find single targets from them to mow down. Wizards will have many more places to quad, but it really comes down to how camped old world places are for wizrads/mages 50+. And these are all just purely for exp considerations, excluding loot. For example shaman will certainly want to try to get to camps in their mid to late 50s where they have at least a prayer of getting torpor, even if the exp is bad. Though this is technically outside of the bounds of what you were mentioning, I think the compelling force here is so high it needs to be considered a fundamental part of the class. Shaman is virtually a different class when it has torpor.
Old 05-22-2020, 08:38 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spineripper [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Sadly the people who have the amount of plat required has stones, it will take until end of kunark for casuals to afford stones.
When nubs to the server want to join a ~~~rAiD~~~ guild and have to buy/quest a bunch of clickies and gear out their own toons theres absolutely no money left over. When you're busy investing in DKP rather than farming, which at this point isn't even particularly lucrative, what you are left with is a bunch of broke nubs with nothing but DKP funny money and a few planar drops to show for it.

The people who have been going hard since server launch have hoards of plat and don't need manastones because they already have them. Nobody with 200k plus plat is gonna wake up and say "hmmm....ya know what? I should really buy a Manastone right now, and ---actually--- pay 200k for one"

The price of farmable Classic gear has plummeted. Top priced 22-min drops sell for pretty much 8k max. The market is saturated. For someone new to the server to farm 200k plat? Nevermind buying gear he already needs?

Here's one of the few moments where EQ paper napkin math is actually appropriate - 30 Mithril 2 handers will get you 225k, and thats saying that the price of a Mith 2 hander will stay 7500 with you farming the living fuck out of them. ~30~ Mithril 2 handers. And the camp is absolutely perma-farmed by other assholes. What, is a nub gonna go farm 20 Yaks? Is a nub gonna blow all their DKP on....Swirlspine Belts? On....25 swirlspine belts?

Still waiting on that 200k Manastone sale. The nerds on this server are absolutely ridiculous. You cant price gouge nubs with no money. You also can't price gouge the other nerds who play the same exact game you play.

<The A-Team>
Last edited by Tuljin; 05-22-2020 at 08:46 AM..
Closed Thread