Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 05-24-2020, 08:45 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waedawen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The LEVEL of your PET is such that it dictates the max hit based on its level. HOWEVER, if a WEAPON is given to the PET that surpasses its LEVEL BASED MAX HIT, the new MAX HIT based on the WEAPON will be used.

You can use a TORCH (or lute, or tambourine, or shield, any secondary-only item, yes shields work don't fucking talk back) combined with a POWERFUL DAMAGE WEAPON to MANIPULATE the MAX HIT of your PET given its LEVEL while also maintaining the benefits of DUAL WEILD.

If a PET is only LEVEL 10 and has a MAX HIT of 20, it can be given a WEAPON with a damage modifier of 11 or above to manipulate its max hit to 22 or above.

If your pet is NOT dual weilding, you can simply add ONE (1) secondary-only item to make them "dual wield" This is why dual wield is activated on pets with the simple addition of a torch or any secondary-only item. I prefer to use shields because they look fucking cool. The "primary slot" is always occupied by every npc be it fist or weapon. The 'secondary' slot needs to be occupied in order to activate dual weild.

Now someone go and pass this off and act as if they knew it the whole time.
One question: Necro pets gain "Dual Wield (requires weapons)" at 19, and "Dual Wield (innate)" at 33. Am I correct in thinking a level 33+ Necro pet has no need for a torch/shield (as it dual wields without) ... a < 19 Necro pet will gain no benefit from a torch/shield ... but a 19-32 Necro pet will benefit from this witchcraft?

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 05-24-2020, 08:52 PM
Banned

i feel pretty silly right now
Old 05-24-2020, 11:56 PM
Banned

Giving a torch to a charmed mob that can DW doesn't make them quad on p99?

It did on Live in 1999 and it still does now. Never rolled a chanter on p99 (so many available there wasn't a point) and I was always the shaman in the duo farming.
Old 05-25-2020, 04:31 PM
Kobold

Give it a torch first then give it a heavy 2H it will swing faster and double attack I swear.
Closed Thread