Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 01-01-2016, 08:14 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirAlvarex [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I think more what the OP is saying is that right now you can't find groups willing to go to the out-of-the-way places.

I played back when it was just Classic and I do have to say that was more fun. Every zone was full of groups you could find quite easily. Kedge even had groups going there.

Raiding was a cluster-fuck tho no doubt about that. 2 raid targets made it hell.

For some people (like myself) it's really taxing trying to compose a group for a new area to explore. Especially when 9 out of 10 players will ask "why?" when they can just go to the easy XP spots that aren't as camped.

Altho IMO what I miss most about Classic was the shit itemization. Getting "good enough" gear was pretty easy and attainable for just about everyone. Plus I miss seeing Obsidian Shards being the go-to tank weapon for Warriors.

/nostalgia off
Yeah OK, this I can see. It's just silly to say that you can't group and level up in different places even in this age of the game. I haven't had too much problem getting groups with tanks or healers even in some pretty out of the way spots. You don't need some kind of hermetically sealed bubble to avoid getting buffs, either - nobody's exactly available to buff you if you go to Kaesora or Kerra Isle, for example.

But if this is what OP was really driving at, sure, I buy it. I'd like to do it myself! I never did Classic era during Live, sadly. By the time I started playing seriously it was already in Kunark.
Crallos Rek - 35 ogre shaman
Timothe - 31 human enchanter
Variol Cutthroat - 27 human paladin
Telehr - 23 human magician
Old 01-01-2016, 08:46 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prahadigm24 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
"is not what many would want to do" - that's your claim. I think many would want to. Just watch the number of replies in this thread and read the posts for the reasons given.
Perhaps you are right, perhaps you are wrong. And using replies in this thread is definitely not an indicator when people can call other trolls or disregard others opinion when they want luclin or pop. And there is a number of new players that didn't play EQ that plays p99, no doubt they started on the server but that does not mean they would want to restart and grind to level 60 to compete against neckbeards
Old 01-01-2016, 09:14 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Decad [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Perhaps you are right, perhaps you are wrong. And using replies in this thread is definitely not an indicator when people can call other trolls or disregard others opinion when they want luclin or pop. And there is a number of new players that didn't play EQ that plays p99, no doubt they started on the server but that does not mean they would want to restart and grind to level 60 to compete against neckbeards
Well then those "neckbeards"... er players that dont want a wipe can play on blue.. heh or red whatever. So it gets Wiped every few years, so what, we'll always have blue to play on for a change with chars that may outlive us. It's just a game, and for many, progression can be fun, for more than you may think. What is the point in making just a Blue#2? We already got 1.
Old 01-01-2016, 09:36 AM
Aviak

Exactly! Those who don't want to restart can stay on P99 Blue and enjoy that they got rid of the "neckbeards".

Some people here claim that only a minority is interested in restarting. Why are you afraid, then? If you were right, P99 would remain healthy and the new server would fail quickly.
Old 01-01-2016, 10:03 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prahadigm24 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Exactly! Those who don't want to restart can stay on P99 Blue and enjoy that they got rid of the "neckbeards".

Some people here claim that only a minority is interested in restarting. Why are you afraid, then? If you were right, P99 would remain healthy and the new server would fail quickly.
True EQ 99 had multiple servers, even when the game first launched and had low populations (I remember logging in during the first month on a weekday around lunch EST and seeing only 65 people online, on the Veeshan server). I figured for sure P99 would have at least 2 PVE servers by now.

The new server could follow the timeline from Vanilla to Velious more accurately than the server we have now, which is IMO way off from "classic" and will only get worse with time.

Don't get me wrong - the staff and devs have done a great job at making P99 an awesome experience but I think it's time to move on. They botched the server with the huge delay of Velious...it almost feels like they are more interested in keeping what they have (playing it safe) than doing things right and releasing a second server. This server will be more true to classic than the one we got now. No 3+ years of fungi tunic farming before Velious, etc.

I know a lot of players will be upset at a complete server wipe; there is always the option at having 2 servers going at once...if P99 doesn't do this it will be only a matter of time before someone else capitalizes on this opportunity...classic emus are popping up left and right, one is even in the works for Everquest Online Adventures. How do you think P99 came about?
Old 01-01-2016, 04:20 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by skorge [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
True EQ 99 had multiple servers, even when the game first launched and had low populations (I remember logging in during the first month on a weekday around lunch EST and seeing only 65 people online, on the Veeshan server). I figured for sure P99 would have at least 2 PVE servers by now.

The new server could follow the timeline from Vanilla to Velious more accurately than the server we have now, which is IMO way off from "classic" and will only get worse with time.

Don't get me wrong - the staff and devs have done a great job at making P99 an awesome experience but I think it's time to move on. They botched the server with the huge delay of Velious...it almost feels like they are more interested in keeping what they have (playing it safe) than doing things right and releasing a second server. This server will be more true to classic than the one we got now. No 3+ years of fungi tunic farming before Velious, etc.

I know a lot of players will be upset at a complete server wipe; there is always the option at having 2 servers going at once...if P99 doesn't do this it will be only a matter of time before someone else capitalizes on this opportunity...classic emus are popping up left and right, one is even in the works for Everquest Online Adventures. How do you think P99 came about?
Well, I hope somebody else does do it so we can stop reading about people who have quit here and want a new server.

I get that new servers are exciting and new and that people think the old one was "botched" somehow, but whenever I see shouts for "yeah release another one along the classic timeline" what I read is "I don't really care for the current server and I want a chance to race for 2 years and then pronounce it dead and move on."

Of course, that's OK! I just don't think a new server is going to be "true to classic" for any longer than 2 years. Along the live timeline, you get to Velious in 2 years. A year or two after that, tops, you'll have the same number of top guilds farming in NToV as you do now, you'll have all those farmed fungis for sale, etc. Same ol'. It's just a chance to get in at the bottom of a new cycle. That's fine, but that's all it is. It's still a cycle with an end in 3-4 years. And people still know all the shortcuts. Probably more so, now that they went through it (again) fairly recently.
Crallos Rek - 35 ogre shaman
Timothe - 31 human enchanter
Variol Cutthroat - 27 human paladin
Telehr - 23 human magician
Old 01-01-2016, 04:22 PM
Kobold

5 years of kunark. people complaining 5 months into velious?
Old 01-01-2016, 04:54 PM
Aviak

We're not complaining. What the developers have created here is totally awesome! No reason to complain.

We're SUGGESTING it's time for a new server soon. Just because the old one has been running for more than 6 years.
Old 01-01-2016, 05:21 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by nivikk [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Because people had something to look forward to IN Kunark. Now that you're doing all that Velious has to offer with nothing to look forward to, it gets old quickly. Yea, sure, custom content... someday... maybe... sure... but no solid timeline.
Old 01-01-2016, 06:01 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by nivikk [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
People weren't calling for wipes before Velious?
Closed Thread