Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Tanks

Old 02-23-2024, 02:46 PM
Planar Protector

fiery frying firangi of the friar
Old 02-25-2024, 12:42 AM
Aviak

Here's the mostly solo path I've taken with my paladin, which I have enjoyed.

I got to 15 or 16 in Crushbone, since I like killing orcs anyway and love hanging out in gfay.

Then I moved to Highpass, killing mucktail gnolls until 25 or 26. You'll likely have this all to yourself if you try it, which is great because they start greening out in the early twenties and you'll have to clear the whole canyon of them to make up for it. Good faction gains, not that you'll really need them as a Paladin. But it is fun to see the Karana Bandits slowly come around to seeing your point of view, because apparently even the dastardly thieves of the Karanas have standards that the pathetic mucktails fail to live up to.

The normal move after this would be to join in on goblin killing in Highkeep, but I've done that before and wasn't interested in repeating the experience. So I tooled around in Mistmoore and a few other random zone searching for something interesting until the low thirties, when I finally found SolA.

SolA took me from 33 or so to 42, and was both great fun and very profitable. The goblins drop Fine Steel weapons and High Quality ores, which can be sold to the gnomes in the same zone with ease. This is a great zone for mastering Paladin pulling and crowd control with lull and root, since the gobbies are packed in like sardines. Imagine if Highkeep's basement was an entire zone, and you have SolA.

At 42 I tried Spectres, and found them quite boring. I decided to go to Lguk instead, and found a home at the Assassin/Supplier camp until about 50 when almost everything had finally greened out. Also a very profitable place to adventure, as the bag and belt the Supplier drops can be easily auctioned off for plat for upgrades.

I'm currently about to hit 52, still down in Lguk just a bit deeper in the zone, where things spawn at a higher level. I expect to make at least 55 here, and maybe even more. After that, I'll find somewhere else I'm sure.
Old 02-25-2024, 06:24 PM
Planar Protector

yes such an interesting leveling path
Old 02-28-2024, 03:52 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snaggles [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Your setup now will easily take you to 45. After that get a DW BP and literally go anywhere you want.
Dont need a Bp. just get the helm it will save you a ton of cash in the long run.
Old 02-28-2024, 11:56 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweeper41 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Dont need a Bp. just get the helm it will save you a ton of cash in the long run.
The exp per hour is significantly lower with the helm vs. the BP, most places you level at will cover the cost of the jaspers.The helm is 130 hp in 10 seconds for 780 hp a minute versus the BP at 307 hp in 10 seconds for 1842 hp a minute. There's no contest there, and if you're battle healing with a mob rooted you don't have time to use the helm.

The best answer is to have both, however the BP is so absolutely overpowered, why would you limit yourself?

[ Kurrat - Arch Mage ]
[ Kurrate - Crusader ]
<Legacy of Fire>

Old 02-29-2024, 09:20 PM
Planar Protector

Exactly. Even using cheap root if you can get two clicks you just got back 600hps for 30 mana. With Enstill you can heal to full.

I won’t knock the helm, it’s still great and cheap. Especially in your 40’s or when plunking around in easy spots. The BP works with POTG and heals 60% as good as Torp. You can tackle some downright difficult solo spots.