Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-23-2011, 07:14 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSparkle001 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Pets being overpowered? In what way? Is there something not classic about them that's making them overpowered? Nothing about them seems wrong except aggro and the fact that weapons don't affect their delay or damage.
I played a mage in classic times and a necro here. My claim is that pet damage and behaviour is fine, not overpowered at all. Nevertheless, mage and necro pets regenerate MUCH faster here than they did on live and their rate of regeneration makes them overpowered. Obviously I can't give any evidence. I'm still sure that it took my pet at least twice as long to reg from 10% to 100% hp on the real classic servers.

But coming back to the topic: The change is great and absolutely classic. Thanks to the devs for that!
Old 10-23-2011, 06:03 PM
Orc

bump anyone actualyl know the answer?
Old 10-23-2011, 06:09 PM
Planar Protector

I answered this in the patch thread.

lol wut
Old 10-23-2011, 06:18 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prahadigm24 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I played a mage in classic times and a necro here. My claim is that pet damage and behaviour is fine, not overpowered at all. Nevertheless, mage and necro pets regenerate MUCH faster here than they did on live and their rate of regeneration makes them overpowered. Obviously I can't give any evidence. I'm still sure that it took my pet at least twice as long to reg from 10% to 100% hp on the real classic servers.

But coming back to the topic: The change is great and absolutely classic. Thanks to the devs for that!
^^^^^^^^^

This is correct as far as I recall (played a MAG during kunark era live). I have no proof and am too lazy too dig it up, but the pet regeneration here is way faster then it should be.

On live MAG's weren't NEARLY as common as here because without the super pet regen (here on p99) they couldn't powerlevel themselves like they can here.

Nerfs like this (as well as the aggro nerf) shouldn't be needed if they would lower the pet regen rate to appropriate levels.

I remember spamming my pet heal quite often on live, where as here it is completely obsolete by mega regen.

Just my 2 cents.
Last edited by Ssleeve; 10-23-2011 at 06:31 PM..
Old 10-23-2011, 06:21 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mardur [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If the weapon's damage is higher than the pet's natural damage, the pet will use the weapon's damage.

For example, say your pet's max hit is 12 (6 dmg natural weaponless damage). If you give the pet a Rusty Halberd (10 dmg) the pet's maximum damage will increase from 12 to 20.

lol wut
Old 10-26-2011, 05:39 PM
Sarnak

ive been grouping lately as my low level wizard in crushbone. i keep telling all the pet classes to give their pet a rusty two handed weapon to make them do 18 dmg lol. even a lvl 1 pet. alot of people dont seem to read the patch updates.
Closed Thread