Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 11-20-2011, 12:06 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryba [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
As the game stands, you cannot safely use platinum to buy or sell to a stranger. They can just jump you and take it anywhere. So it is a barter economy. That isn't even fun, let alone not classic.

The least safe spot in the game is your starting town. Once people are higher level, the least safe spot will be the area around the banks. You might think you're hardcore now when it means you shrug off your 10 silver loss and keep truckin, but wait til you get set back 2 hours of xp and all your plat right in front of your GM or banker.

Adding greater degrees of arbitrary difficulty does not make the game better.
Pretty much. All these hardcore forum PvPers telling us to wipe away our tears don't understand what's being said here.

They also don't understand that this is not classic at all. Have half of these forum PvPers even played classic PvP? They're adding useless opinions. Yes, opinions of "deal with it, guards won't help you bluebie pussies" are useless, because that's not classic.

Unless it's almost impossible to fix, we will be seeing guards assist, maybe other NPCs doing the same, and anyone initiating an attack in their presence suffering faction hits.

It's more lawless right now than the wild west. It's fun at the early levels (well sometimes) but this problem has to be fixed ASAP.
Old 11-20-2011, 12:17 PM
Aviak

Gotta agree, being slaughtered at the bank or in front of their GM will make many people quit. Please introduce this feature as soon as you can! Most of us don't want a low pop server.
Old 11-20-2011, 12:27 PM
Banned

if guards attacked correctly someone would be bitchin right now about the guy who did faction quests all night & guards assisted him instead. Always somethin to complain about right?! who cares get over it

tldr version: whiners whine
Old 11-20-2011, 01:52 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flash [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Coming from someone who doesn't even know what classic is.
1971 chevelle
Old 11-20-2011, 01:53 PM
Aviak

It is funny how red servers breed a type of player that is mindlessly masochistic, who think anything that makes the game more unpleasant makes it cooler and there is no such thing as a valid complaint.

That is just like being retarded, only without the sympathy from others. This game really favors people who place a low value on hours of their own time, i.e. fat wage laborers with no prospects and wives who hate them. It is too bad they haven't made an MMO geared toward people who like themselves.
Old 11-20-2011, 01:56 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryba [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It is funny how red servers breed a type of player that is mindlessly masochistic, who think anything that makes the game more unpleasant makes it cooler and there is no such thing as a valid complaint.

That is just like being retarded, only without the sympathy from others. This game really favors people who place a low value on hours of their own time, i.e. fat wage laborers with no prospects and wives who hate them. It is too bad they haven't made an MMO geared toward people who like themselves.
The funny thing is, you guys already HAVE a classic server. It's called P99 Kunark. So essentially you guys are complaining about nothing, about a server that you don't even need to play on to get the experience you're looking for.
Old 11-20-2011, 02:31 PM
Fire Giant

it is my server.
Old 11-20-2011, 07:11 PM
Sarnak

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 11-20-2011, 09:05 PM
Banned

This is a 100% true story:

Back in the old days, I told some troll in game that I was going to penetrate his mother's anus. My account was banned permanently.

I had to get on the damn phone, write emails, basically started a grassroots campaign to get my multiple level 50+ characters back. "You can actually say that on television," I told them. Total dickbag GMs... took me like a week to get my account reinstated.

Be THANKFUL AS HELL the officials here are infinitely more adult.
Old 11-20-2011, 10:37 PM
Fire Giant

No news on it yet
Closed Thread