Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 12-23-2017, 11:23 AM
Sarnak

my initial investment into crypto was 2500, im currently at 17k, i expect 1 million at a minimum by dec 31 2018 then 100 mil by jun 2019 and 1 bil by dec 2020. If you add in my mining gear i have 30k atm
Old 12-23-2017, 11:28 AM
Sarnak

ill probably talk to roge later on and offer a hefty donation to the projet to reset red and take it seriously. cause ive been itching for some real pvp action.
Old 12-23-2017, 11:28 AM
Planar Protector

I hope so working your whole life and combining it with eq emulators sucks.
Old 12-23-2017, 11:48 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by hokuten99 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
my initial investment into crypto was 2500, im currently at 17k, i expect 1 million at a minimum by dec 31 2018 then 100 mil by jun 2019 and 1 bil by dec 2020. If you add in my mining gear i have 30k atm
there we go. jib has lost at least 2500 dollars in crypto.

yrkoon sack up bud, post yours
Old 12-23-2017, 12:21 PM
Kobold

i think i said it earlier, i bought one bitcoin for $4k usd when it was the going rate, still holding on it like crazy.

i dont know if i will ever sell tbh. i mean, if tomorrow a bitcoin goes for 1 million usd, should i sell? or will i regret it dearly when it goes for 5 million a couple years later?

maybe i'll just leave it to my children as heritage. who knows what it will be worth in in 30 years, maybe nothing, maybe a fortune.

if anything, it's pretty fun checking on the going rate every morning when i wake up.
Old 12-23-2017, 01:14 PM
Planar Protector

you have 1 bitcoin? da fuck..... do you need money?
Old 12-23-2017, 01:45 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by yyrkoon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
i think i said it earlier, i bought one bitcoin for $4k usd when it was the going rate, still holding on it like crazy.

i dont know if i will ever sell tbh. i mean, if tomorrow a bitcoin goes for 1 million usd, should i sell? or will i regret it dearly when it goes for 5 million a couple years later?

maybe i'll just leave it to my children as heritage. who knows what it will be worth in in 30 years, maybe nothing, maybe a fortune.

if anything, it's pretty fun checking on the going rate every morning when i wake up.
The potential value of the (original) BTC units in the future is almost unlimited. The last unit won't be generated for well over 100 years! You'll be leaving it for your childrens' children's children... [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 12-23-2017, 02:09 PM
Kobold

Exclamation

Here is a big factor that I've never really seen anyone pitch in regards to Bitcoin in general:

At the very minimum, you have to at least look at the (original) Bitcoin blockchain as a publically available asset and resource. Sure, it doesn't have a "price tag" on it because it is freely available and essentially public domain, but that doesn't mean that it is devoid of any sort of tangible "value." Anyone that holds even a fraction of a BTC unit has to at least look at it as holding a finite percentage of the total work spent (especially in terms of electrical energy spent) in generating the data...and this must be extended both into the past, and the future.

What is the actual price tag or "market" value on that? Surely there must exist some number (because the data was created, and it exists) but the value is not something easy to calculate. It would also span every single global facet of the worldwide energy economy. There is no argument that can be made to falsify the things which I stated. The numbers (if you could derive them) would be completely astronomical. I don't think for a moment that there is even one single person on the planet, even those most intimately involved with the project, that can fully grasp what is at hand and stake here.

There is absolutely no way that Bitcoin units CANNOT be valued (in the future) at anything less than an ever increasing value...The original blockchain will also always be available at least as a root resource in a layered or tiered system. It's not going anywhere; hell, a copy of it might even end up on a thumb drive on display at the Smithsonian some day.
Old 12-23-2017, 02:46 PM
Fire Giant

Holy shit i thought this fat mad had invested some real cash into bitcoin
Old 12-23-2017, 02:59 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by AkashicRecord [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
There is no argument that can be made to falsify the things which I stated.
Unfalsifiability

Description: Confidently asserting that a theory or hypothesis is true or false even though the theory or hypothesis cannot possibly be contradicted by an observation or the outcome of any physical experiment, usually without strong evidence or good reasons.

Making unfalsifiable claims is a way to leave the realm of rational discourse, since unfalsifiable claims are often faith-based, and not founded on evidence and reason.

Example #1:

Quote:
I have tiny, invisible unicorns living in my anus. Unfortunately, these cannot be detected by any kind of scientific equipment.
Closed Thread