Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Tanks

Closed Thread

Old 02-13-2018, 11:58 AM
Kobold

I highly, highly recommend CC. But I would hold off till 40 for that.

spiders: 40-45, Geos from 45-50.

I did this solo on my monk and had a blast. The tentacle terrors in the area hit overly hard for their level so I would avoid them. The velium crawlers in the rivers / tunnels hit very weakly and are great exp, just watch their running. spiders / geos are the money makers and great chillaxe exp. spiders have a few named and silks which you can sell, geos drop vendor gems that sell from 19-190pp.

if you are of a "good" race you can sell in the dorf town nearby, can bank regardless of your alignment.
Old 02-13-2018, 12:28 PM
Banned

How twinked were you when you did CC?
Old 02-13-2018, 01:49 PM
Kobold

Not very twinked. Was my second toon and ended up being my main.

My gear set up was:
Jade mace/ stave of shielding
full set of black panther skin
SCHW for haste
velium fire wedding rings x2
cougar claw earrings x2

So decently geared but not really twinked by any means. Took full advantage of battle bind and having access to an endless supply of bandaids in the town.

From your initial post I would say could take on the spiders/geos earlier but bring an invis potion to run by the orc miners otw to town. (zone out is past geos and they start non kos)
Old 02-13-2018, 02:23 PM
Sarnak

Any suggestions for level 42-45? I am a Fungi equipped Iksar War with decent weapons (FB and fist of zek usually) and 24% haste.
Old 02-13-2018, 02:41 PM
Kobold

Iksar War would do well in CC only downside is your will not be able to vender there. Would need a partner to buy you the band aids and sell the gems (there are generally a group or 2 of peeps in town, can usually ask or bribe them for help vendoring).

However, you will have access to the bank regardless. could load that bad boy up with a metric ton of band aids and just make the pilgrimage to thurg to refil if all else fails
Old 02-13-2018, 06:18 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SiouxNation [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I get squeamish in those dungeons, hate to deal with CR. I prefer something more safe, I’m leaning towards trying to carve out a spot in CC or maybe MM.
don't be a ***** drop into the deepest sh!thole dungeon you can find and go ape SHIT

(slides you a note about the crocs deep within Cazic-Thule)

^if you figure out what i'm talking about it's exp galore
Old 02-13-2018, 07:28 PM
Planar Protector

hes talking about the alligators in the tunnel down by the golem
Old 02-13-2018, 09:00 PM
Banned

Oh I’m well aware of the crocs, I might take Filbus up on his challenge.
Old 02-14-2018, 12:20 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by SiouxNation [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Went to hit up SK CLAWS and found multiple 50+ toons on a list for this camp due to the Gnoll Scrolls. Completely sad to me that people kill level 27 mobs to level up in this way. The guy at the camp told me he would do it all the way to 60.

I was excited to try this camp out with the benefit of an off chance at a QM. Time to find a new fun spot for level 30.
The only time it is worth it do bother with this camp is when you are in no hurry and just want to pop on, during off hours, to check. It is ridiculous sometimes. People are willing to spend weeks here, at one spire, sometimes, just to collect the scrolls.

It is much, much easier to level in other places with better loot, but some people will also wear out their welcome in BB as well. Such as it is here on p99.
Old 02-14-2018, 12:39 PM
Planar Protector

Ive found drolvarg canines quest in FV gives comparable xp to scroll turn ins. Maybe 75% of what scrolls get you. The rate at which you find 4 canines is somewhat less than the rate you find single scrolls, but you can farm drolvargs in FV and turn in same zone, whereas scrolls need a long run.

Canines are also stackable which is nice.
Closed Thread