Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

View Poll Results: What do you think will happen?
The USA will buy the UK to make them great again 15 14.02%
The monarchy will collapse, England to become Venezuela 2.0 10 9.35%
UK to sink in total recession, AM/Riot to rejoice about this new stream of jobless apps 25 23.36%
The UK will do just fine, will claim back USA, India, Australia and all other ex colonies 23 21.50%
The EU will make Boris Johnson fuck a pig live on TV, or they kill Harry 19 17.76%
Bush // towers 39 36.45%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 107. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 11-25-2019, 09:12 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoppkins_Wytchfinder [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Austerity is just controlled poverty. It would work if they not just obviously giving contracts for government stuff to their mates and getting kickbacks.

It's all so obvious and they are laughing at the common people because we are powerless to anything about it (E.g. carillion collapsing with the ceos earning millions)
I thought the tories already declared and end to Austerity?

Its interesting you mention it though, as according to The Sun I saw at Asda today, apparently BoJo is promising to end it (again) after he 'sorts Brexit out'. The stuff in The Sun and the Daily Mail is incredibly persuasive, especially emotionally, until you start trying to verify the claims ('Rampant antisemitism', costs, budgets, promises which are made in duplicate each political cycle and never delivered, etc).
Old 11-25-2019, 09:37 AM
Banned

So are the elites still dangling brexit in front of the common people as something they will maybe do for them when they feel like it?
Old 11-25-2019, 09:40 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I thought the tories already declared and end to Austerity?

Its interesting you mention it though, as according to The Sun I saw at Asda today, apparently BoJo is promising to end it (again) after he 'sorts Brexit out'. The stuff in The Sun and the Daily Mail is incredibly persuasive, especially emotionally, until you start trying to verify the claims ('Rampant antisemitism', costs, budgets, promises which are made in duplicate each political cycle and never delivered, etc).
Exactly. It's sad more than anything. It's astounding how passionate yet how uninformed the majority of people who read these rags are. Alas opposing either sides views is seen as an attack or calling them stupid.

Austerity is a the tories brainchild. Poor people appreciate scraps from the table more and are easier to make angry and be set on minorities like a gaurd dog.
Old 11-25-2019, 09:42 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teppler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So are the elites still dangling brexit in front of the common people as something they will maybe do for them when they feel like it?
Trump got that wall built yet? Or is it still stuck being built in Colorado?
Old 11-25-2019, 09:58 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teppler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Basically if Boris gets a decent majority in Parliament, we will have left* by the end of January 2020. Any other result and Brexit won't happen imo.

*I know we'll only be in the "transition" period, which is pretty awful as we're subject to many of the controls that EU member states are, but we will have technically left.
Old 11-25-2019, 02:39 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrombosis [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Basically if Boris gets a decent majority in Parliament, we will have left* by the end of January 2020. Any other result and Brexit won't happen imo.

*I know we'll only be in the "transition" period, which is pretty awful as we're subject to many of the controls that EU member states are, but we will have technically left.
What the fuck
Old 11-25-2019, 02:45 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoppkins_Wytchfinder [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Trump got that wall built yet? Or is it still stuck being built in Colorado?
You are correct in pointing out our failure with the wall. That’s similar but not quite as bad imo. You guys voted directly on brexit and you’re getting cucked. We voted for trump not the wall. It’s still not a good look that the wall is going up extremely slow at best but I don’t think it’s quite as bad as voting directly for brexit only for your elites to say nope that does t work out for us.
Old 11-25-2019, 04:19 PM
Planar Protector

Tory MP candidate caught getting friend to pose as anti-Labour swing voter as party's disinformation campaign continues.

Lee Anderson, who is standing for the Tories in Ashfield in Nottinghamshire, forgot he was wearing a live microphone while he phoned his friend to set up the fake encounter to impress a journalist. “Make out you know who I am, you know I’m the candidate, but not a friend, alright?” Anderson was recorded saying as he spelled out instructions to his friend minutes before bringing a journalist to his door.
Old 11-25-2019, 06:17 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horza [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Tory MP candidate caught getting friend to pose as anti-Labour swing voter as party's disinformation campaign continues.

Lee Anderson, who is standing for the Tories in Ashfield in Nottinghamshire, forgot he was wearing a live microphone while he phoned his friend to set up the fake encounter to impress a journalist. “Make out you know who I am, you know I’m the candidate, but not a friend, alright?” Anderson was recorded saying as he spelled out instructions to his friend minutes before bringing a journalist to his door.
https://twitter.com/PickardJE/status...98239128805377

Here's the video of the encounter without the anti-adblock. Absolutely hilarious.
Old 11-25-2019, 10:32 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrombosis [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
https://twitter.com/PickardJE/status...98239128805377

this is more Thick Of It than the actual Thick Of It
Perfect caption.
Closed Thread