Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 02-11-2020, 03:44 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuljin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Im pretty sure nobody on Blue was running around /petitioning names that "ruin their immersion." That's a total Green nub thing. I really can't even believe it.
Actually, here’s Baler’s notoriously inflammatory name thread from October 2016. See page 3 for a list of dozens of names he petitioned on Blue.

I hasten to add that some of his names were actually not in violation of the policy. I assume staff left those alone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuljin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
There's a thread from a couple weeks ago and I was blown away by the fact that multiple people are saying that they keep lists of names in violation to /petition. In damn near a decade I have never heard of such a thing. It really made my head spin and I figured out that's how my friend got his name banned.
It’s to avoid spamming the staff with 20 petitions. Better to make a list of 20 names and submit it all at once.

Quote:
So, the name policy needs to be enforced consistently. Just like every other policy. If someone is running around with racist names, names of objects that don't exist in the fantasy world of Norrath, or with backwards names of celebrities, or a monk named "Bruce," I'm going to be upset. As I should be.
Staff actually do a good job of eliminating the very worst names. That’s why you don’t see many racist or exceedingly vulgar ones. But the staff can only do something about a bad name if someone petitions it.
Old 02-11-2020, 04:01 PM
Aviak

Quote:
If literal interpretation of decrees means people like "Bobbarker" get a name ban simply for having a name of a deceased celebrity
Bob isn't dead you fucking cretin.
Old 02-11-2020, 04:09 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by beversami [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Bob isn't dead you fucking cretin.
Correct! And in Bob's honor, remember to TNR your Forum Denizens!
Old 02-11-2020, 04:23 PM
Planar Protector

Thanks. My point was that the commenter seemed to be trying to show how global warming was fake but the first link of the search term they recommended ran contrary to their point
Old 02-11-2020, 04:50 PM
Sarnak

The naming violation lists are nothing new. There has been multiple threads and discussions on it over the years as Videri highlighted. It's just been inconsistent. The biggest complaint being that not enough max-level older raiding characters got hitfor naming violations despite being reported repeatedly. New guides/GMs could have changed that as the new crew may no longer be friends with these people so don't feel obligated to give them a pass.

Out of all these threads about DMO, I have seen no overt signs of racism. From what I see, the worst anyone could accuse them of is a little cultural (mis)appropriation, which is not a crime.
Old 02-11-2020, 05:02 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd288 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It's funny because if you google "global warming debunked" the first link is literally a page that goes through tons of line items of claims people make to say global warming isn't real and debunks them all lol

As an aside, what I don't get about people who are so resistant to the idea of global warming is what's the downside to believing it exists? Due to peoples' belief that it's a thing, we are working on tons of ways to try and better the environment, reduce our dependence on a singular fuel source and diversify our energy sources, etc. Even if global warming ends up not being real, all the belief has done is create a net positive for humanity and the planet.
First, the reason searching "debunked" comes up with "not debunked" is because you are likely using google which has been proven to skew its results to conform with shitlib ideology. Google "white inventors", click on the images tab and look at how its all non-white inventors. This is why I use duckduckgo, whose search returns for 'global warming debunked' actually have articles that debunk global warming.

Second, it's not really about warming, it's about anthropogenic global warming. The climate may or may not be warming; it may or may not be caused by humans.

Humans have generally benefited when the earth was warmer, and suffered when it was colder. Compare the medieval warm period to the little ice age. So even if it is warming, good.

Even liberal scientists who are bought into AGW say that it would take massively drastic measures to decrease the level of warming by a few degrees. So why bother gutting the entire world's economy to slightly decrease something that would actually benefit most of humanity? Of course the reason is the real point of AGW, an excuse for a global government with massive control over the world's economy.

This is why there have been so many frauds committed to try to "prove" AGW, starting with the idiotic "97% of scientists agree!" which I've already debunked in another thread. The fact that this easily disproven claim is still touted by those in government and the media shows there is a greater agenda at work than simply "like, save the planet, man!"

It's also why there are so many calls for war against the nations that aren't already part of the globohomo conglomerate of nations, but that's a different story.

Your brain is flawed; did your mother drink a lot when she was pregnant with you? I've noticed that many of the symptoms of FAS are similar to the symptoms of liberalism. AGW is completely different from energy independence or cleaning up the environment in ways that actually matter. To equate smokestack scrubbers or eliminating lead from gasoline (probably 1 of the big reasons why boomers are so stupid) with fighting against cow farts to stop the planet from becoming MORE habitable is a sign of some deeper disorder than simply lacking facts.

https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-...s/syc-20352901
Old 02-11-2020, 05:13 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polycaster [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It's also why there are so many calls for war against the nations that aren't already part of the globohomo conglomerate of nations, but that's a different story.
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 02-11-2020, 05:16 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polycaster [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
First, the reason searching "debunked" comes up with "not debunked" is because you are likely using google which has been proven to skew its results to conform with shitlib ideology. Google "white inventors", click on the images tab and look at how its all non-white inventors. This is why I use duckduckgo, whose search returns for 'global warming debunked' actually have articles that debunk global warming.

Second, it's not really about warming, it's about anthropogenic global warming. The climate may or may not be warming; it may or may not be caused by humans.

Humans have generally benefited when the earth was warmer, and suffered when it was colder. Compare the medieval warm period to the little ice age. So even if it is warming, good.

Even liberal scientists who are bought into AGW say that it would take massively drastic measures to decrease the level of warming by a few degrees. So why bother gutting the entire world's economy to slightly decrease something that would actually benefit most of humanity? Of course the reason is the real point of AGW, an excuse for a global government with massive control over the world's economy.

This is why there have been so many frauds committed to try to "prove" AGW, starting with the idiotic "97% of scientists agree!" which I've already debunked in another thread. The fact that this easily disproven claim is still touted by those in government and the media shows there is a greater agenda at work than simply "like, save the planet, man!"

Your brain is flawed; did your mother drink a lot when she was pregnant with you? I've noticed that many of the symptoms of FAS are similar to the symptoms of liberalism. AGW is completely different from energy independence or cleaning up the environment in ways that actually matter. To equate smokestack scrubbers or eliminating lead from gasoline (probably 1 of the big reasons why boomers are so stupid) with fighting against cow farts to stop the planet from becoming MORE habitable is a sign of some deeper disorder than simply lacking facts.

https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-...s/syc-20352901
Cue Billy Madison game show host.
Old 02-11-2020, 05:16 PM
Sarnak

This may come as a shock to many of you, but Google is a marketing tool, not an unbiased academic search index. People (everywhere, not just on this forum) treat Google like it is the equivalent of a free online academic peer review index. It is not.
Old 02-11-2020, 05:17 PM
Planar Protector

This is why duckduckgo is the number one search engine for the discerning white supremacist and climate change denier.
Closed Thread