Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 02-11-2020, 02:31 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polycaster [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You are blaming players for the actions of the staff. Somewhere in those 10 years staff must have seen or been made aware of bobbarker, but it wasn't until now that they did anything. I think the current crop is even more excessively controlling than previous generations.
Actually, now that I think about it its about the same. I think I was seeing things with rose colored glasses.
Old 02-11-2020, 02:38 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polycaster [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Actually, now that I think about it its about the same. I think I was seeing things with rose colored glasses.
Yeah well come to think of it, Bobbarker was a guild officer that dealt with the GMs during the whole Class C/Class R thing in 2014, so yeah, his name didn't get "reported" back then. The GMs knew who he was and didn't do anything about it. Now someone reported it on Green, its banned. Inconsistent.

And I mean I thought Dark Men of Odus was a funny name when I first saw it. The name itself, taken literally, is not overtly racist. But then you see the names of the toons that are in it and you know what? It is absolutely racist. Violation of policy. Inconsistent enforcement of policy.

<The A-Team>
Old 02-11-2020, 03:11 PM
Aviak

Quote:

Thinking science isn't subjective is objectively crazy. Google 'lysenkoism.' Or 'global warming debunked.'
holy shit I Google it and read it and your right global warming is fucking made up...

I can't believe it...
Old 02-11-2020, 03:15 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuljin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yeah well come to think of it, Bobbarker was a guild officer that dealt with the GMs during the whole Class C/Class R thing in 2014, so yeah, his name didn't get "reported" back then. The GMs knew who he was and didn't do anything about it. Now someone reported it on Green, its banned. Inconsistent.

And I mean I thought Dark Men of Odus was a funny name when I first saw it. The name itself, taken literally, is not overtly racist. But then you see the names of the toons that are in it and you know what? It is absolutely racist. Violation of policy. Inconsistent enforcement of policy.
Well that, and they try to unsuccessfully argue the “Dark” refers to alignment. It obviously doesn’t, so why not simply “Men of Odus?”
Old 02-11-2020, 03:15 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horza [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I would wager that Teppler/Polycaster wishes that he could purge more than just players here.
actually laughed out loud
Old 02-11-2020, 03:17 PM
Planar Protector

It's funny because if you google "global warming debunked" the first link is literally a page that goes through tons of line items of claims people make to say global warming isn't real and debunks them all lol

As an aside, what I don't get about people who are so resistant to the idea of global warming is what's the downside to believing it exists? Due to peoples' belief that it's a thing, we are working on tons of ways to try and better the environment, reduce our dependence on a singular fuel source and diversify our energy sources, etc. Even if global warming ends up not being real, all the belief has done is create a net positive for humanity and the planet.
Old 02-11-2020, 03:32 PM
Aviak

I think the downsides to people thinking it exists is because they're pushed to be against it by their news outlets that are usually run by people who have a reason to want policy against global warming to be hard to achieve.

It's kind of like believing in god. If you do and he's real, you win. If you do and he's not real, you didn't lose anything. If you don't and he's real, you lose. So just believe in him. I get it. Problem is kind of what people do when they change the world around their beliefs.

So, in this instance, people who have terrible carbon emissions would have to spend a lot of money changing their entire business models if they chose to live in the "god is real" world. So it doesn't really work for them to do that, there's a cost associated, it's not the same 1:1 argument about believing in god being a 100% net win.

They're basically gambling that everyone else in science is wrong so they can save a few bucks. Or they frankly simply just don't give a fuck about anyone in the world because they're billionaires and they don't have to, they'll be the last people impacted by global warming.

But frankly the reason is basically a lot of people inserted "global warming is fake" into social media against liberals. So you just like tack a belief onto conservatives and they all tribally go for it because "fuck liberals" and literally no other logic. And they say fuck liberals because they were basically conditioned to unquestionably just hate the other side through constant vilification in their bubble news outlets.
Old 02-11-2020, 03:33 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd288 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It's funny because if you google "global warming debunked" the first link is literally a page that goes through tons of line items of claims people make to say global warming isn't real and debunks them all lol
yes that's how Google works
As an aside, what I don't get about people who are so resistant to the idea of global warming is what's the downside to believing it exists? Due to peoples' belief that it's a thing, we are working on tons of ways to try and better the environment, reduce our dependence on a singular fuel source and diversify our energy sources, etc. Even if global warming ends up not being real, all the belief has done is create a net positive for humanity and the planet.
Old 02-11-2020, 03:37 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd288 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

They are resistant to the idea because in their eyes it is some "libtard hogwash" "deepstate conspiracy" and we can't have none of that around here. It is another "us vs them" stemming from political viewpoint.

Unfortunately [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 02-11-2020, 03:41 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sethius Marlowe [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I think the downsides to people thinking it exists is because they're pushed to be against it by their news outlets that are usually run by people who have a reason to want policy against global warming to be hard to achieve.

It's kind of like believing in god. If you do and he's real, you win. If you do and he's not real, you didn't lose anything. If you don't and he's real, you lose. So just believe in him. I get it. Problem is kind of what people do when they change the world around their beliefs.

So, in this instance, people who have terrible carbon emissions would have to spend a lot of money changing their entire business models if they chose to live in the "god is real" world. So it doesn't really work for them to do that, there's a cost associated, it's not the same 1:1 argument about believing in god being a 100% net win.

They're basically gambling that everyone else in science is wrong so they can save a few bucks. Or they frankly simply just don't give a fuck about anyone in the world because they're billionaires and they don't have to, they'll be the last people impacted by global warming.

But frankly the reason is basically a lot of people inserted "global warming is fake" into social media against liberals. So you just like tack a belief onto conservatives and they all tribally go for it because "fuck liberals" and literally no other logic. And they say fuck liberals because they were basically conditioned to unquestionably just hate the other side through constant vilification in their bubble news outlets.
just say Pascal's wager this is taking forever
Closed Thread