Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-23-2011, 05:12 AM
Orc

Default Kanras: Pet damage increases if high enough damage weapons are equipped.

anyone have any specific information on this like pets start doing more then their max damage if weapon has {x} amount of damage? and is there a cap to this?? very intriguing! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 10-23-2011, 05:15 AM
Aviak

I dont remember this being classic.. but I am probably wrong.
Old 10-23-2011, 05:15 AM
Fire Giant

the way it was in classic is pet damage = weapon damage x2 if they were given a weapon, or damage from the pet damage table, whichever is highest. that means if you gave a lvl 1 necro pet a rusty 2h, he would be swinging for 18 damage maximum, or a weighted axe, he would be swinging for 90 damage maximum (no that's not a typo). however, the pet would still use their own delay which is 30.

i would have to assume that this change is going to reflect the way it was in classic.
Old 10-23-2011, 05:17 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by pickled_heretic [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
the way it was in classic is pet damage = weapon damage x2 if they were given a weapon, or damage from the pet damage table, whichever is highest. that means if you gave a lvl 1 necro pet a rusty 2h, he would be swinging for 18 damage maximum, or a weighted axe, he would be swinging for 90 damage maximum (no that's not a typo). however, the pet would still use their own delay which is 30.

i would have to assume that this change is going to reflect the way it was in classic.
Didn't fast weapons also affect pet attack speed in classic? I seem to remember it being good to give my pets daggers, but here it makes no difference.
Old 10-23-2011, 05:21 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSparkle001 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Didn't fast weapons also affect pet attack speed in classic? I seem to remember it being good to give my pets daggers, but here it makes no difference.
yes, pets in classic would use whichever is lower, weapon delay or 30. there was a thread a while ago in the bug reports section where haynar flew off the handle about pets being overpowered and he would never change this, so it's not likely to ever change.
Old 10-23-2011, 05:53 AM
Planar Protector

Pets being overpowered? In what way? Is there something not classic about them that's making them overpowered? Nothing about them seems wrong except aggro and the fact that weapons don't affect their delay or damage.
Old 10-23-2011, 05:57 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSparkle001 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Pets being overpowered? In what way? Is there something not classic about them that's making them overpowered? Nothing about them seems wrong except aggro and the fact that weapons don't affect their delay or damage.
pets being overpowered was very much a classic thing. i guess the development seems to feel like this should be a custom server based on classic everquest, i just wish they could admit it and stop hiding behind the argument that "such and such is classic, therefore, it is Good" because they don't universally apply it to their own actions.
Old 10-23-2011, 06:03 AM
Planar Protector

Ok so in the context of them being classic they aren't overpowered, they're just classic.

The patch does seem to allow for weapon damage now, which is good. That's classic. It was such a basic part of pets. I still give my low pets high damage rusty weapons, because even though it's been 10 years it's become almost instinct, burned in my brain.
Old 10-23-2011, 06:06 AM
Orc

If nobody has any information on this could a dev/staff member kindly give us a run-down on the mechanics of this implementation? Much appreciated! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 10-23-2011, 06:32 AM
Kobold

This is certainly a boost to lower level shadow knights, i remember outfitting my little skellie with a rusty 2her - little powerhouse he was! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Closed Thread