Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Old 02-16-2022, 09:57 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by mycoolrausch [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
"competitive" everquest worked a little better in the past when the top guild(s) mostly stuck to tov/kael, the mid level guilds were doing like vp and klandi and stuff, and the smaller/lesser guilds did like vs/vox/vindi/velk etc.

Now it's just 1 guild killing every target in every zone every day. Makes for a pretty boring raid scene. But it's an understandable development as the server matures and everyone has 5 alts and an army of bots pre parked at every target and strategies perfected to mobilize and kill everything so efficiently.

the new soft rotations for city leaders combined with the draft and bag limits seems like a good way to keep some guild diversity on an aging server
That era was very short. Since the release of Velious on this server outside of simulated earthquakes one or two guilds have always killed the majority of the raid targets.
Old 02-16-2022, 09:59 PM
Banned

If you've never seen an oatsngoats speedrun stream of super metroid, it might be hard to believe people are *that* good at twitchy finger inputs, but they are.

And we should feel sad for them, and consider what we ourselves might be missing through our narrow obsessions.

It's all really quite philosophical
Old 02-16-2022, 10:00 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ooloo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yeah that's what I figured, and that's what I mean.

How bad must you smell to coordinate all these spawns with variance and ensure your guild gets every one, even on old world targets that aren't very important?
You don't really need to coordinate for those mobs. I haven't played here in awhile but Gore literally would be "Hey guys Gore is up let's kill her" because someone wanting a white scale was keeping an eye on her. Guild ports in. Mob gets pulled. Mob dies.
Old 02-16-2022, 10:02 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ooloo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If you've never seen an oatsngoats speedrun stream of super metroid, it might be hard to believe people are *that* good at twitchy finger inputs, but they are.

And we should feel sad for them, and consider what we ourselves might be missing through our narrow obsessions.

It's all really quite philosophical
Actually been watching him lately while replaying super metroid on my emulator. It always amazes me how narrow viewed people on P99 are. With a gaming monitor with a 240 refresh rate you don't gotta script a fast start if your 20 competitors have an old 60 refresh rate monitor. You get 50 to 60ms edge on the start of anything.
Old 02-16-2022, 10:05 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vianna [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You morons believing people are scripting is literally the best entertainment around.
We spent like half a year claiming furoar did in AM, how weird is it people are now? Not very
Old 02-16-2022, 10:08 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripqozko [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
We spent like half a year claiming furoar did in AM, how weird is it people are now? Not very
I never did. Never believed he did. I always thought it was funny when people in the guild thought it though. I remember when Detoxx was blamed for scripting like 2 years before that because of an FTE coth fraps he posted. Was the most moronic thing I ever witnessed.
Old 02-16-2022, 10:09 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vianna [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I never did. Never believed he did. I always thought it was funny when people in the guild thought it though. I remember when Detoxx was blamed for scripting like 2 years before that because of an FTE coth fraps he posted. Was the most moronic thing I ever witnessed.
But most of the officer core did believe and whined
Old 02-16-2022, 10:16 PM
Planar Protector

Does it matter if they believe it so long as it was 'proven' possible?

Fighting the wrong battle guys.
Old 02-16-2022, 10:20 PM
Skeleton

Quote:
No Offense but you come off as more toxic than most people in the guilds from those days.
You all shit in the pool long before I jumped in.
Old 02-16-2022, 10:52 PM
Sarnak

People have cheated in pretty much every meta of P99 raiding, anyone who tells you otherwise is either dumb, or cheating.