Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Trading Hub

Closed Thread

Old 12-27-2016, 12:34 AM
Sarnak

It's times like these I wonder what would happen if they never put in a corpse summon spell or "/consent" to be able to drag a corpse.

I imagine it would force people to play a community based game like a real community and make players think twice before entering super dangerous zones that can ultimately lead to a full gear corpse rot thereby forcing less risk takers such as people camping out at X location, or suicide FTE runs. You'd actually have to make friends within the game to get anywhere... like it was intended.. play through dungeons via crawling.. but not classic so nvm
Old 12-27-2016, 01:02 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreenk317 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What "friend" are you talking about? I know no one bitching in server chat about this (I know it's happening, but know none of them). And I'm confused how spending 8 weeks camping a drop that you fully intend to SELL and CAN NOT USE is not bottlenecking... They are literally trying to force everyone to buy there epic pieces from them... I.e. bottlenecking... Also, as I've said before, I know they aren't breaking rules, that is my issue, that the rules allow them to do this.

And as far as there loot list goes, yay, they have pieces that drop from trash mobs for sale, I guess that makes it all ok... never mind that any mages, rangers, and all the other classes that need epic drops from nameds in hate are being bottlenecked and quite literally forced to buy them.

Also, just because they haven't gotten a staff, doesn't mean that monopolizing the zone and mob isn't bottlenecking... The activity is bottlenecking regardless of if the RNG gives you the drop or not.

And your contradicting yourself. Previously you said that the hate minis aren't even guaranteed to pop every 8 hours and that these guys are working hard by logging on and keeping the ph's down. But you've just stated that "hate minis spawn every 8 hours, tell your friends to make some actual friends and go camp hate till they get there staff."

So which is it? Hard work keeping ph's down? Or easy life just logging in every eight hours to kill a named and loot it?

And another thing. For not being part of there group you sure know a helluva lot about what they are killing, when they are killing it, and exactly what they are or are not looting off of it.

Have a good night, I'm done arguing with you. It's quite pointless when you aren't even trying to back up your arguments but instead are regurgitating them anew whenever I challenge them.

Your whole argument has been based around how "hard there working" and "how much time they are investing" and that they "haven't violated the pnp". So why is it that no one else's "hard work" and "time invested" matters when it comes to this? I've heard of multiple groups/raids that put the time in to track the target, confirm it was up and mobilize to kill it, only to essentially be ks'ed by these guys as they log on when there timer goes off. Why is it only there time that matters to you? And not everyone else's?

And just in case you miss it yet again. MY ISSUE IS WITH THE SERVER RULES ALLOWING THIS SORT OF MONOPOLIZATION. Not necessarily with the fact they are doing it. But with the fact that they are being allowed to.

I mean come on, this is supposed to be a die hard, staple your balls to the floor if you do something not classic server. Yet, they nerfed ALL CLASSES aoe spells to hit only 25 targets because a very small percentage of the server population was MONOPOLIZING a zone, and or bards were causing "zone disruption". They in essence, "punished" everyone that played an aoe class because of the actions of a few. So why are they not punishing these few for the same action of zone monopolization? If they only want to provide a service and make money. Then why not work as mercenaries? "Oh, you need that drop but can't muster a force to kill it? We will get it for you, or get you there to loot it, for a fee". That makes complete sense to me, providing a service. Instead there like "oh, pretty much everyone needs something from this zone for there epic or to complete there gear, let's kill everything all the time so that no one else can get any of this stuff and force people to buy it from us". Not a service, a monopolization.
just because others don't have either the ability or the commitment to compete with them doesn't mean they are monopolizing anything. They are the ones clearing PHs they are the ones up there almost every 8 hours not the people bitching like fires of heaven or clue. They only log in a tracker to see if there is something up every now and then, maybe not even every day. Then complain when it takes them over an hour to get people to WC, port up, and break in, while this group of people is already logged out IN HATE, logs in to check on the PHs and sees the named are up and starts pulling them. That isn't monopolizing the zone, that is being faster than other people who are after the same thing. The plat they get from selling the MQ can go to buy other items that are direct upgrades for people. Why does someone who is going to use something automatically deserve priority when someone else can also use an item, just in a different way?

They are in no way preventing anyone else from learning the pulls or camping out in hate to directly compete with them. They are just faster and apparently better.

I am talking about whoever you referred to when you said "i have friends". Perhaps you should ask your friends to tell you the truth about what happens in hate.
Old 12-27-2016, 01:14 AM
Planar Protector

Send a message via ICQ to Uuruk Send a message via AIM to Uuruk Send a message via MSN to Uuruk Send a message via Yahoo to Uuruk

How is this not in RnF?

Back in my day we ate 2 month bans for this kind of shit.
Old 12-27-2016, 12:10 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maner [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The plat they get from selling the MQ can go to buy other items that are direct upgrades for people.
LOL.... if you believe this then I have a bridge here in New York City to sell you...

It takes about 2.4 seconds of google search to find people RMT'ing these same items and hundreds of thousands of plat...

So either you refuse to acknowledge that RMT is actively happening on this server or that the supply of such quantities of rare items, twinked characters, and plat are coming from some other limitless source of resources... Trust me, people camping sea furies aren't earning enough per hour to make it worth while, but 20 minutes every 8 hours sounds highly profitable.

And to the point about them spending the 400kpp on twinking out new charaters, yeah I'm sure selling a char is safer than selling plat or items so I hope you enjoy the few hundred bucks it'll get you.

I feel bad for the admins and owners who have to deal with this kind of human garbage ruining their project and opening up the only real danger to daybreak shutting this whole thing down. Hope the Quaaludes, Doritos, and Red Bull give you an aneurysm and your body is eaten by the rats living with you in your trailer park
Old 12-27-2016, 01:24 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lobus [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Oh wow... I always thought this RMT thing wasn't real because I never saw anyone actually trying to sell anything anywhere but that "red" site mentioned recently has really made me really sad.

Guess it just reinforces my perception that my 50+ char just isn't fun to play on and roll on a bunch of untwinked alts instead... Game is much more fun in the lower levels with people enjoying the journey. I'm happy to continue my enjoyment of this nostalgic adventure through those sessions instead of trying to fight my way through this grime.

I would recommend to the people complaining about it to do the same, the people ruining your experience aren't going to change and the Dev's (who don't get paid) shouldn't have to deal with it. Frankly I don't even know why the Dev's even continue, all they get is shat on by everyone and don't even get to enjoy the thing they built.

Didn't realize that people were actually farming stuff for plat and others are actually buying things with real money... That's seriously the real travesty here, Jesus, there are legitimately thousands of better places to donate money to then buy stuff for a 16 year old game... what's the point? I really don't get it....
Old 12-27-2016, 02:06 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maner [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
just because others don't have either the ability or the commitment to compete with them doesn't mean they are monopolizing anything. They are the ones clearing PHs they are the ones up there almost every 8 hours not the people bitching like fires of heaven or clue. They only log in a tracker to see if there is something up every now and then, maybe not even every day. Then complain when it takes them over an hour to get people to WC, port up, and break in, while this group of people is already logged out IN HATE, logs in to check on the PHs and sees the named are up and starts pulling them. That isn't monopolizing the zone, that is being faster than other people who are after the same thing. The plat they get from selling the MQ can go to buy other items that are direct upgrades for people. Why does someone who is going to use something automatically deserve priority when someone else can also use an item, just in a different way?

They are in no way preventing anyone else from learning the pulls or camping out in hate to directly compete with them. They are just faster and apparently better.

I am talking about whoever you referred to when you said "i have friends". Perhaps you should ask your friends to tell you the truth about what happens in hate.
The more these threads pop up and the more complaints there are the more likely the devs will implement a solution so these poor guys will be able to be free of the commitment and effort they're putting in. They must be extremely exhausted.
Old 12-27-2016, 02:59 PM
Planar Protector

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripleLegit [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Judging by the comments on this thread I am significantly less excited to try my hand at raiding on this server.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mygicmeen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
For real
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokesan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
yeah camping for epics is just as bad as camping to sell for MQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by indiscriminate_hater [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
you know, if you read your post you just might realize you're proving my point

the same goes for that reponse time. try not to bite your fingernails off while you obsessively refresh the page
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uuruk [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
How is this not in RnF?

Back in my day we ate 2 month bans for this kind of shit.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thugnuts [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ikon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The more these threads pop up and the more complaints there are the more likely the devs will implement a solution so these poor guys will be able to be free of the commitment and effort they're putting in. They must be extremely exhausted.
#PullPlug2017
Old 12-28-2016, 03:15 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whirled [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
#PullPlug2017
Hopefully. Would be funny as all feck. Hopefully if they're tired of running this server they'll sell the rights to their code to someone who'll use it to make a truly classic server - I'd pay for that. I'd pay for this if it was for sale sans the farmers.
Old 12-28-2016, 04:37 AM
Fire Giant

The problem here is Maner is basically setting up camp at the RnF Fountain next to the 2nd story ramp....

He's blocking the people defending AM from coming to their defense. He's gone to great pains to explain he has no dog in the fight and yet is somehow vigorously typing away in defense of those selling. If this was sane behavior, we would expect someone else to be joining into the chorus.

Except no one else truly is. If the Strike Force Team Zero is gonna do it best and fastest every 8 hours, more power to 'em. No one's saying they arent the most dedicated and doing it with a skeleton crew, they are.

It's when they park between two raids going on, directly in pull lanes and on top of the ramp to the 2nd story and then start screaming about FRAPS and how everyone else is ruining *their* raid and immersion.. Thats why 0 respect has been shown in this thread and everyone is taking turns $#!++ing in it. /shrug.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uthgaard View Post
Most of the people with bad experiences with me hang out in R&F, shocking, looks like I'm doing something right.
Old 12-28-2016, 09:28 AM
Sarnak

just because earth staff is more easily accessible now doesn't mean you deserve the right to get it. either put in the work and contest or stop whining. I hate to say it, but if you want hand-outs, go play WoW. sure...what they're doing is inconvenient to everyone, but with velious out more people are finding creative ways to make plat.