Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Priests

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11  
Old 11-12-2022, 06:19 AM
ithaqua ithaqua is offline
Aviak


Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 95
Default

The snakes in paw maybe? Haven’t tried charming them but about the same level as the higher gators
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 11-12-2022, 07:25 AM
Toxigen Toxigen is offline
Planar Protector

Toxigen's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2021
Posts: 4,087
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ithaqua [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The snakes in paw maybe? Haven’t tried charming them but about the same level as the higher gators
have heard of druids doing this to get a couple/few more levels after CT gators green out

no firsthand experience tho
__________________
ENC | MNK | WAR | ROG | CLR | DRU | SHM | NEC | PAL | BRD
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 11-12-2022, 07:27 AM
Toxigen Toxigen is offline
Planar Protector

Toxigen's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2021
Posts: 4,087
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tethler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
After CT gators I can't think of anything in old world until Kedge for charming. I think around 35 I transitioned to quadding the pirates in FV, then random trash dreadlands after that. I didn't pick up charming again until 53ish in the permafrost bear pits.
Overthere --> EJ --> SolB bats --> Chardok --> Bear Pits will get ya to 60 w/o having to quad and not have to go to kedge (underwater kinda blows unless you've got EB item and really know what you're doing)

EJ was surprisingly good...I hung out mainly near the TT zone line and if it went tits up just run over and reset

once you're 42 ish can always leave LFG on or hit up necros / enc that want to duo in CoM (druid is a highly underrated duo partner there w/ those classes) to take a break from charm solo
__________________
ENC | MNK | WAR | ROG | CLR | DRU | SHM | NEC | PAL | BRD
Last edited by Toxigen; 11-12-2022 at 07:33 AM..
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 11-12-2022, 11:54 AM
zelld52 zelld52 is offline
Sarnak


Join Date: Jul 2021
Posts: 468
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxigen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Overthere --> EJ --> SolB bats --> Chardok --> Bear Pits will get ya to 60 w/o having to quad and not have to go to kedge (underwater kinda blows unless you've got EB item and really know what you're doing)

EJ was surprisingly good...I hung out mainly near the TT zone line and if it went tits up just run over and reset

once you're 42 ish can always leave LFG on or hit up necros / enc that want to duo in CoM (druid is a highly underrated duo partner there w/ those classes) to take a break from charm solo
I suppose I could try EJ. Overthere hasnít been worth the effort, quite frankly. Can kill 4 mobs with charm before in oom bc of resists etc, and only getting 1% per kill. So actually slower than just killing green in CT. Bummer

On necro this is when charm really opened up in kaesora. I am spoiled by necro
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 11-12-2022, 07:01 PM
ithaqua ithaqua is offline
Aviak


Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 95
Default

Can’t you charm the spiders in kaesora (and nurga)? No idea if they’re considered animals but sure looks the part at least )
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 11-12-2022, 07:35 PM
PatChapp PatChapp is offline
Fire Giant


Join Date: Jul 2021
Posts: 736
Default

Spiders aren't animals unfortunately
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 11-13-2022, 08:01 PM
Ganois Ganois is offline
Orc


Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 43
Default

You may need a couple of levels. You can handle the lancer swordfish at the entrance but the piercer ones and named one would give you trouble if it spawns. After, a couple levels you should definitely check it out though because it was the BEST xp I found at around those levels and you can stay there for a long time.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 11-13-2022, 11:56 PM
Tethler Tethler is offline
Planar Protector

Tethler's Avatar

Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Japan
Posts: 2,312
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxigen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Overthere --> EJ --> SolB bats --> Chardok --> Bear Pits will get ya to 60 w/o having to quad and not have to go to kedge (underwater kinda blows unless you've got EB item and really know what you're doing)

EJ was surprisingly good...I hung out mainly near the TT zone line and if it went tits up just run over and reset

once you're 42 ish can always leave LFG on or hit up necros / enc that want to duo in CoM (druid is a highly underrated duo partner there w/ those classes) to take a break from charm solo
Yeah, forgot about the solb bats. I leveled my druid like 5 years ago when the outdoor ZEM wasn't good. Nice that EJ is an option now. I really like that more outdoor spots are viable.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 11-14-2022, 11:13 AM
zelld52 zelld52 is offline
Sarnak


Join Date: Jul 2021
Posts: 468
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ganois [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You may need a couple of levels. You can handle the lancer swordfish at the entrance but the piercer ones and named one would give you trouble if it spawns. After, a couple levels you should definitely check it out though because it was the BEST xp I found at around those levels and you can stay there for a long time.

What level would you recommend for getting started in Kedge? at 40 atm, still dealing with bad resists on mobs in OT / EJ. At least in Kedge I can manastone.

I'm pretty eager to try Kedge, as I've never done it before and druid seems like one of the two perfect toons for it
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 11-14-2022, 11:37 AM
Toxigen Toxigen is offline
Planar Protector

Toxigen's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2021
Posts: 4,087
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by zelld52 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What level would you recommend for getting started in Kedge? at 40 atm, still dealing with bad resists on mobs in OT / EJ. At least in Kedge I can manastone.

I'm pretty eager to try Kedge, as I've never done it before and druid seems like one of the two perfect toons for it
EJ isn't until mid/later 40s, same with Kedge.

Could charm Bloodmaw in GD I suppose.
__________________
ENC | MNK | WAR | ROG | CLR | DRU | SHM | NEC | PAL | BRD
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:16 AM.


Everquest is a registered trademark of Daybreak Game Company LLC.
Project 1999 is not associated or affiliated in any way with Daybreak Game Company LLC.
Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2023, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.