Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 08-02-2010, 03:49 PM
Skeleton

Default New skelly models + UI problems.

First the bigger problem. I had to change the models because the old skelly models were bugged since the patch (wouldnt show movement animation). Now I had to change my UI to that of velious. Now all my buttons are pale white, rather than the transparent black. Anyone know how to fix this?

Second, is there any way to revert back to old skelly models after you patch, yet make the animation work? The new (classic) model looks so goofy and not at all what Id like my necro to look like. Hell, let everyone else see him as the goofy cartoon skelly, I just prefer the old model.
Old 08-03-2010, 12:52 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Technically, this is the old model.. and is considered to be part of the classic experience.. so I'm not sure if they plan to bring back the "new" skele models or not.

But I personally agree with you.. I like the upgraded skele models myself.. :/
Old 08-03-2010, 01:10 AM
Orc

I like the upgraded also. Even worse are the wolf forms on the old models. I think they are just ugly and why someone would like the old ones over the upgraded I have no idea.

I'm all for the classic experience but I'm after the classic game play and I still get that with upgraded skeletons and wolf forms.
Old 08-03-2010, 01:31 AM
Fire Giant

The newer models look way out of place next, the rest of the game

Everquest Mysteries http://www.project1999.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=231587
Last edited by utenan; 08-03-2010 at 01:35 AM..
Old 08-03-2010, 02:24 AM
Kobold

Glamour Queens.
Old 08-03-2010, 10:35 AM
Fire Giant

I do not wish to diminish the hard work put into this item as I appreciate everything which the devs do for us. I support the server each month via donations to help in my own little way.
Having said that, my preference is for the new models and wished that there was a way to chose to stick with the new models instead of having to revert to the old world models. I can remember in live when the new models were announced and they showed pictures and a video. I looked forward to the improvement and was thrilled when it went live. Again, I just wish there was an option to enable one or the other.
-----------------------
Old 08-03-2010, 10:43 AM
Skeleton

Its just that there isnt just a small difference between new and old cosmetically, the models act differently. The Classic model just looks goofie (running all michael jackson thriller like). The new model looks more threatening.

Mages get to chose whether their pets look badass or not. Enchanters get to chose whether their illussion ele looks cool or not. Think necro should have gotten the choice.

PS any idea how to fix the bug? I messed it up so bad I had to uninstal and waiting to get my disks back. GUI Error ftl!
Old 08-03-2010, 11:05 AM
Fire Giant

For some reason my skellys are the SoL version, and not the classic version after the patch. Any thoughts?
Discord:Boommaster/Tinkermaster#9869
Old 08-03-2010, 11:27 AM
Aviak

read a patch note for once in your life.

Jeice - Gnome Necromancer
Winkyfeet - Halfelf Bard

Disclaimer: Not to be confused with the ranger Jiece, who seems to have incorrectly spelled my name.
Old 08-03-2010, 12:27 PM
Orc

Simple answer, go back to the Getting Started section of the forums, re-download eqchangesv3.zip and uichangesv2.zip files, extract and copy paste them back in where they need to go. That's the "patch" that fixes things.
Closed Thread