Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 11-07-2019, 11:23 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.J. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
They would literally be helping themselves. But yes in P99 land this logic checks out.
If they want to help, that's great. But making it mandatory in order to hold your spot on the list?

Ridiculous.
Old 11-07-2019, 11:24 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
People aren't necessarily stalling. What they're doing is not participating at all and just passing afk checks.

If you want a list item why wouldn't you help kill to try and move it along faster? Or else why are you even on the list. In hopes that people get so disheartened they give up and you magically become first? That's messed up.
I havent made it that far yet but I dont want to be accused of ksing if I'm not the active group
Old 11-07-2019, 11:27 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I havent made it that far yet but I dont want to be accused of ksing if I'm not the active group
I see what you did there but the list doesn't work that way.

anyone killing the list mob is encouraged.
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Old 11-07-2019, 11:37 AM
Sarnak

I will demand the peasants farm faster for me while I lie semi afk in the corner. Berating them if they take too long to farm my item for me. I have like 50 more episodes of grey’s anatomy to get through so I should be good for a few more days of afking.
Tried to get immersed in Velious but quickly got burnt out by there being no challenge, the intensive raid schedule and pressure to be 100% or close to it with RA. In Nihilum, having 70% RA + meant you were a neckbeard, in Empire, 70% was the equivalent of being inactive status.
Old 11-07-2019, 11:50 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeni [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I will demand the peasants farm faster for me while I lie semi afk in the corner. Berating them if they take too long to farm my item for me. I have like 50 more episodes of grey’s anatomy to get through so I should be good for a few more days of afking.
I do look forward to rogues eventually showing up to Najena when no one is there on /list.... and staying there until someone shows up to farm it for them =D
Old 11-07-2019, 12:06 PM
Sarnak

Could do crazy stuff like bring a friend or two to help you camp?
Old 11-07-2019, 12:13 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbosilk [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Could do crazy stuff like bring a friend or two to help you camp?
Proactive rogues.... heh.
Old 11-07-2019, 01:29 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daldaen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
...Manastone won’t sort itself out is due to the item being artificially rare, seemingly a 5% drop rate when everything else in classic is around a 25% chance to drop if it’s considered the rare...
Disagree, this is wishful thinking. There are plenty of very rare items. Are you saying FBSS is 25+%? Is Hooded Black Cloak? I haven’t camped these since Blue pre-Kunark, but aren’t they pretty rare? Razing Sword of Skarlon is incredibly rare.

Plus there’s a huge number of legacy items on Green/Teal. They doubled the drop rate when they split the population. I’m certain that Blue had way more guises and manastones than any Live server ever did, and I bet Green/Teal post merge will have substantially more than every Live server combined. The number of manastones per capita is already going to be outrageously unclassicly high, and we’re whining that the drop rate should be ~5x higher?

Myuharin <Force of Will> & Myuharin the Revenant
Quote:
Originally Posted by azeth View Post
6 hybrids in one group.. i believe you may actually LOSE experience per kill.
Old 11-07-2019, 02:02 PM
Aviak

I don't think making damage mandatory is a good way to manage this. Just to many ways for an innocent player to get booted off the list. Say you on a list for jboots with a 50wizard who just ICs the mob to the next verse before you even see its up. Be a hell of a way to cheat the system.
Old 11-08-2019, 03:32 AM
Decaying Skeleton

easier to just boot the person at the top of the list if the mob or it's ph isn't engaged for 30 minutes.
Closed Thread