Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 03-09-2020, 10:12 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by branamil [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Imagine spending 80 hours to collect a mystical trickster mask in server #06266929 that will be deleted soon
When you truly look at eq addicted players whether p99, red, or the official eq tlps, its truly fucked up how far gone a lot of these people are. It's might be impossible to appreciate when you're in the frame, but it's possible to take a step back.

At least when you recover from heroin you get a redemption story...

"if the rules are all you use to determine what you should or shouldn't do, you're probably an a-hole" -soup

Hooden • Xegony enchanter '00 - '02 • <Aeternus> from SoD '06 - '07
Old 03-09-2020, 10:22 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuklak [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
When you truly look at eq addicted players whether p99, red, or the official eq tlps, its truly fucked up how far gone a lot of these people are. It's might be impossible to appreciate when you're in the frame, but it's possible to take a step back.

At least when you recover from heroin you get a redemption story...
What is the general redemption arc of a forumquester?
Old 03-09-2020, 10:49 PM
Banned

It's 2020 ya'll can discord or Hotmail account eachother hand off times, no need to wait around at the camp until you are ready to do the hand offs.

Anyway, I rolled a dark elf, put my points in CHA, do not need a mask to pretend to be a dark elf, I am a happy dark elf. Never a half elf, or non-elf.
Old 03-09-2020, 11:09 PM
Sarnak

I camped it a couple of weeks ago and during the 14 hours it took me to go from 6 to getting my guise there were 2 times we were down to 3 people and we OOC'd to get more people to come list.
Old 03-09-2020, 11:10 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by edmazur [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
How long is the typical end-to-end wait for the guise camp at this point anyway? More than 24 hours?
Did it 2 weeks ago. 14.5 hrs total starting at #5.
Old 03-09-2020, 11:50 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Without a list a guild would have it on lockdown. /list is fair.
Ah, I didn't realize Green is supposed to be balanced around what isn't classic but fair, ty for clarification
Old 03-09-2020, 11:53 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kohedron [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ah, I didn't realize Green is supposed to be balanced around what isn't classic but fair, ty for clarification
It's balanced around whatever the devs decide to balance it around.
Old 03-10-2020, 12:49 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kohedron [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Quote:
The problem is that (almost)nobody back in the day knew that things like guise and manastone would stop dropping. It entirely changes the calculus of player interaction. They just don't have the amount of staff to constantly litigate the invariable disputes/shitshows that would be the invariable result.

I agree with the fact they had to do something, though disagree with the implementation, since it opens another can of non-classic worms. if they do seek a fair system they will have to make all the list members get a random chance at the item when it drops-- not a system where because I and and my 4 friends have screen share I'm guaranteed to get the drop and anyone who doesn't do the same is fucked.
Old 03-10-2020, 10:52 AM
Sarnak

Keep in mind your trying to compete with people who are full time stay at home son’s who literally do nothing for 12+ hours a day but play this emulator.
Old 03-10-2020, 02:24 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Without a list a guild would have it on lockdown. /list is fair.
Only if you play on stupid blue servers

on red servers guild hogging resets frequently : )

i stil have no idea how people can play blue servers
Closed Thread