Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 11-12-2020, 11:24 AM
Sarnak

Default Project 1999 feels like a custom server since green

These complaints don't actually matter, and most of these things were brought up during green's launch or before release... but I feel like they keep trying to change stuff to make it more "classic", but then add in some sort of robotic arbitrary system or substitution that feels nothing like the original.

/List doesn't feel like everquest. Same with this janky ui(which was never used before), having to click meditate, or the random forced dynamic lighting. I actually have felt dynamic lighting made p99 green more choppy for me ever since it was introduced and just overall makes everything look nothing like I remember it.

For me, I just want to play classic with eq with as close to the original settings and difficulties as possible. I don't really like all this other crap thrown in that destroys all my nostalgia or immersion.
Zekdos - Troll SK
Old 11-12-2020, 11:56 AM
Planar Protector

Selectively Classic

I have had people refer to P99 as a custom server whom had no bias one way or the other.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
For me, I just want to play classic with eq with as close to the original settings and difficulties as possible. I don't really like all this other crap thrown in that destroys all my nostalgia or immersion.
You're not alone. A 100% classic recreation is what many of us really want.
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Old 11-12-2020, 12:08 PM
Aviak

You can't go home again.
Old 11-12-2020, 12:13 PM
Planar Protector

It really is rough. The brightness fix basically makes the game broken for most of the rigs I would play this game on and I haven't had the time to diagnose it. The user interface is custom and nothing like I have ever used to play everquest so thats a really weird forced change for me too.

Other custom stuff.. its dangerous for sure. Not sure what should be done about it.
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 11-12-2020, 12:39 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zyth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You can't go home again.
What's frustrating is most of my nostalgia is from p99 itself, especially pre velious blue. I only vaguely remember eq from when I was a kid and played mostly after luclin and pop. On p99, I experienced the old game again and it was AMAZING. I would introduce friends to the game any chance that I could. I just feel like since that time the game has gotten progressively worse instead of better.
Zekdos - Troll SK
Old 11-12-2020, 12:53 PM
Large Bat

quest xp being disabled for everyone is ridiculous. If there is a segment of the population that is going to spend a year saving up quest Xp items so that they can power level to 60 upon kunark release, and the admins don't want that to tarnish achievements or whatever the reason is, why not put a daily limit on repeatable quests or something. I'm coming up with this solution off the top of my head and its way better than disabling quest xp entirely for everyone for a month. Same goes for the list system , a child could have come up with a better solution to that problem.

They do the patch notes with big patches that have lots of changes, but when it comes to the smaller ninja patches there's no patch notes, no communication about when things are happening (eg when firepots are being patched out), etc etc, they just kinda do what they want, when they want, without sharing any timeline. In a way that seems to benefit certain people, sometimes.

the lighting is TERRIBLE, Infravision was better in classic
Last edited by pdub; 11-12-2020 at 01:16 PM..
Old 11-12-2020, 12:54 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I just feel like since that time the game has gotten progressively worse instead of better.

I began realizing some time ago that the favorable impressions I had of live EQ were from a Velious state of the Old World game and that actually playing the pre-Hole game is really not all that engaging as a mid-game altoholic and goal-oriented crafter. The fun diversions to the mid-game (Symbol quests, cultural armor, f------ Druid Track) keep getting later to the point where I think hell, I could have stayed on Blue (except for the population vanishing).

That's just my opinion though.
Last edited by Donkey Hotay; 11-12-2020 at 12:57 PM.. Reason: Counted dashes for fucking.
Old 11-12-2020, 12:55 PM
Banned

it just be like that
Old 11-12-2020, 01:01 PM
Banned

These servers are better than anything else out there. This is the best we have. We should be grateful. I am [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 11-12-2020, 05:26 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnetaress [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
These servers are better than anything else out there. This is the best we have. We should be grateful. I am [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

[ Kurrat - Arch Mage ]
[ Kurrate - Crusader ]
<Legacy of Fire>

Closed Thread