Sarnak

Seems like your the one thats been trolling
Old 01-09-2021, 05:24 AM
Banned

admins are my heroes lately
Old 01-09-2021, 05:29 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I have a colleague from a relatively privileged background in middle England asked why ‘liberal’ is used as a dirty word in the states.

He is confused how the dictionary definition of liberal (social welfare, freedoms, open business) could be a bad thing in the country of liberty.

I’m lucky enough to had the opportunity to witness discussion from such honourable ‘lib hatin merkins’ as populate the p99 game and boards so did my best to offer an answer:

“Personally, I believe in the value of social programs. Not particularly due to morale or welfare arguments, but because I believe they are effective economic investments.

However, I feel many people that support such programs can be a little tone deaf or condescending (“why can’t people against these programs see they would be better off”) and fail to understand why someone that would benefit from it could be against it.

I’m involved in a computer game community which happens to include a good number of rural Americans, people that I never would have normally been able to converse with.

From my discussions with them, and from my knowledge of the emotional effects of unemployment from my company partner’s doctorate, these people are not interested in being financially better off due to social hand outs. They want real employment and economic opportunities, similar to how there used to be industrial and agricultural opportunity previously in the states. They don’t want to be non-contributors dependant on subsidies from blue city taxes. They want to be independent and in control of their lives.

For this reason, rightly or wrongly, they conflate liberal social welfare with a suppression of their ability to support themselves as individuals.”

I hope i put forward a decent, good faith representation for at least some ‘lib haters’ and was hoping you can either call me out if i am totally off the mark, or provide additional reasoning why some view ‘lib’ as a dirty word.

Please keep it civil and clean.
everyone that disagrees with progress is a fucking fat idiot

thank you for your forward representation of the american situation, you forgot the fat part

fat idiots fat are the ones that fatty fat mcgee that disagree with the old white politician who win fatty fat

ur fat (and poor)
Old 01-09-2021, 12:08 PM
Planar Protector

Send a message via AIM to Knuckle

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubur [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
everyone that disagrees with progress is a fucking fat idiot

thank you for your forward representation of the american situation, you forgot the fat part

fat idiots fat are the ones that fatty fat mcgee that disagree with the old white politician who win fatty fat

ur fat (and poor)
They did say obesity is 70% in American adults now I think? Crazy to think. I think one pain point of all this educational trimming is P.E. is an afterthought in the modern service industry world, despite the fact that people operate mentally and physically better with a healthy body?

Physical fitness is often in the news today, but it has long been a national concern. New programs to help keep Americans fit were a hallmark of John F. Kennedy's administration.
After World War II, many Americans worried that US citizens, especially the young, were growing overweight and out of shape. The nation's economy had changed dramatically, and with it the nature of work and recreation changed. Mechanization had taken many farmers out of the fields and much of the physical labor out of farm work. Fewer factory jobs demanded heavy labor. Television required watching rather than doing. Americans were beginning to confront a new image of themselves and their country, and they did not always like what they saw.
Old 01-09-2021, 12:14 PM
Banned

Ive changed my opinion. 90% of you need to be exterminated through population control measures a la vaccinations, sterilization, economic ruin, and squallid conditions brought about by your own drug addled degeneracy. Carry on, fine folks.
Old 01-09-2021, 12:49 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gwaihir [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ive changed my opinion. 90% of you need to be exterminated through population control measures a la vaccinations, sterilization, economic ruin, and squallid conditions brought about by your own drug addled degeneracy. Carry on, fine folks.
Don't let the anger strangle you like it did me.

Praise the Lord.
Old 01-09-2021, 12:50 PM
Sarnak

"admins are my heroes lately"

Lol i created my account to counter a certain group of posters lies, and a day later they are all banned. what to do now
Old 01-09-2021, 12:57 PM
Planar Protector

I mean, progress is cool, but what is it really?

Is it advancments in philosphy? Because we're still far behind the greeks there, building culture out of what plato's metaphors.

Is it science? The ability to refine sugar more efficiently and feed more people? We throw away more than we consume, so that seems suspect.

Is it wokeness? Because we free' d the slaves 8,000 years ago too and ended many tyrannical empires, so we've been there done that.

What is progress, if you think about it?

How have we progressed as a society in the last 10,000 years?

Society changed when we invented the written word.

It changed again when we invented the printing press.

And then again when we invented the computer/internet.

It seems the only thing that has progressed humanity, is our ability to talk to each other and record history.

So by defacto, progress, is actually: the investment in our memory of the past.

Pretty fuckn weird if you ask me. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 01-09-2021, 01:02 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I mean, progress is cool, but what is it really?

Is it advancments in philosphy? Because we're still far behind the greeks there, building culture out of what plato's metaphors.

Is it science? The ability to refine sugar more efficiently and feed more people? We throw away more than we consume, so that seems suspect.

Is it wokeness? Because we free' d the slaves 8,000 years ago too and ended many tyrannical empires, so we've been there done that.

What is progress, if you think about it?

How have we progressed as a society in the last 10,000 years?

Society changed when we invented the written word.

It changed again when we invented the printing press.

And then again when we invented the computer/internet.

It seems the only thing that has progressed humanity, is our ability to talk to each other and record history.

So by defacto, progress, is actually: the investment in our memory of the past.

Pretty fuckn weird if you ask me. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Progress is when we become a collective tribe focused on a goal other than ego and id fulfillment. We are still obsessed with longevity, food, luxury and our offspring and the dopa we get from our erogenous zones.

7 of 9s borg in voyager seeking perfection through their exploration of the universe. Was progress. Forget exactly what episode it was. Two parter about what the borg were really after. We were just mold on a peach in the multiverse to them.

That's what we are. We can't even really escape this gravity well. We are defined by it.

In terms of, we, us.
Last edited by magnetaress; 01-09-2021 at 01:09 PM..
Old 01-09-2021, 01:03 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnetaress [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Progress is when we become a collective tribe focused on a goal other than ego and id fulfillment. We are still obsessed with longevity and our offspring and the dopa we get from our erogenous zones.
This could be right, but that could mean that it's going back even further, to when we were just ants [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Maybe our individualism is what makes us unique. And that's why it's so painful when we exorsize it.

The best food, the best drink, the best drugs, all are bad for you....

Maybe the best philosophy is too?

Or perhaps that is a divine clue to stay away from it.

We may never know.

Or we're dust in the wind and literally all of it is a construct lol
Closed Thread