Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 12-24-2011, 11:28 PM
Kobold

I grew up in a smokers house. My first cig at age 16, went down like water down a drain. No cough , no hack, nothing. Was addicted at that point. I laugh at smoker haters.

Now lets talk about some real killers.
1) food- all the chemicals and junk in food has got to be about as bad as smoking a cig.
2) diabetes- used to be ask kids if someone in there family smoked most would raise there hands. This is the story for diabetes now. ( yes there is a commercial).
3) Stupidity- your crying, bitching, whining, carrying on, being a dick will cause people to rage and loose it
4) Obesity- the number one killer in America. Obesity causes diabetes, heart disease etc etc. Yes you are free to do as you wish. So dont bitch about my smoke , that makes me look at your unpleasantness. I will quit shoveling cigs in my mouth , when you quit shoveling everything else consumable in yours.

Why do I smoke? Go to a nursing home, I dont want to be one of them.
Old 12-24-2011, 11:29 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by nalkin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Gotta agree with Harrison.

It is hard to stop smoking if you start, I will agree to that based on what I have seen. But it is extremely easy to not start smoking unless you are terribly obsessed with trying to be cool and give in to peer pressure. That is literally the only reason for anyone to start smoking. Thats why is so crazy to think billions of people are really that stupid.

And for me, smoking is unattractive for that very reason. The only conclusion that you can draw is that these people are shallow/stupid enough to work hard at gaining an unhealthy addiction.

If she smokes, she pokes. Smoking is +++ good quality in wimmen.
Old 12-24-2011, 11:34 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzled [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I grew up in a smokers house. My first cig at age 16, went down like water down a drain. No cough , no hack, nothing. Was addicted at that point. I laugh at smoker haters.

Now lets talk about some real killers.
1) food- all the chemicals and junk in food has got to be about as bad as smoking a cig.
2) diabetes- used to be ask kids if someone in there family smoked most would raise there hands. This is the story for diabetes now. ( yes there is a commercial).
3) Stupidity- your crying, bitching, whining, carrying on, being a dick will cause people to rage and loose it
4) Obesity- the number one killer in America. Obesity causes diabetes, heart disease etc etc. Yes you are free to do as you wish. So dont bitch about my smoke , that makes me look at your unpleasantness. I will quit shoveling cigs in my mouth , when you quit shoveling everything else consumable in yours.

Why do I smoke? Go to a nursing home, I dont want to be one of them.
Lotta people in nursing homes suffer from severe COPD -- most smokers. There are studies linking smoking to neurotransmitter fucking which may have an impact on dementia onset (though I can't speak to the validity of these as I'm no scientist).

Also the fact that cyanide is poisonous is no reason to start drinking arsenic o_o.

TL;DR -- smoking is one of the many things bad for you, but if you enjoy it, fuck em ~ you're doing better than most of em by enjoying your life as is.
Old 12-24-2011, 11:37 PM
Banned

cigarettes cause cancer

*tips 12th packet of splenda into can of diet coke*
Old 12-25-2011, 12:30 AM
Banned

ciggy treats are especially great:

- at the bar
- after taking a relaxing dump
- with a coffee
- while driving
- after eating a meal
- that cherry on top after smoking a bowl
Old 12-25-2011, 12:39 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by purest [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
ciggy treats are especially great:

- at the bar
- after taking a relaxing dump
- with a coffee
- while driving
- after eating a meal
- that cherry on top after smoking a bowl
Old 12-25-2011, 12:55 AM
Sarnak

The ill affects of smoking could be argued forever, same thing could be said about any drug addiction. What people fail to address is the outlying cause to start smoking, how smoking manifests into an addiction and the effects of smoking per individual.

Personally I started smoking my first deployment to Iraq and I could sit here and explain reasons for why I started, but I wont, so I will try to the best of my ability explain how my addiction took me. Smoking for me was a release of stress and frustration and it also gave me something to do and focus on. Stress is a top reason most people start, however people argue that it doesn't help stress. The effects of any drug per individual and how it effects every individual on a physical or mental level differs.

That being said, why did I smoke? My body found smoking as a way to cope, mentally it started to become a habit and my body needed it. Soon I was smoking 1 pack a day and it was as casual to me as someone grabbing a sugar loaded energy drink or soda or food. Drug addicts say that it helps them cope with their life and it makes them feel like they see others feel, happy and in control of their own life, BUT why? These people usually have more habit forming receptor's, caused mainly by depression or some mental imbalance.

Some of those are extreme cases, however none of the few things I have listed could ever be dismissed. Since america's medical treatment in this age is SIMPLE, throw meds at someone for the symptoms instead of actually TREATING the underlying cause's.
Soon you find relatively normal people taking a handful of pills that look like skittle's.

I smoked for a long time and am fortunate I could quit cold turkey. Whatever reason people smoke is negligible, you trained your body to need,enjoy,compensate, or even to look "cool".

Harping on people who smoke because it's trendy or your trying to help is pointless, you are essentially doing what you have been told by no smoking campaigns, health insurance company's and are a tool. Learn to understand things for yourself.
Last edited by Neach; 12-25-2011 at 12:58 AM..
Old 12-25-2011, 12:59 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by nalkin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
ROFLMTAO

you srs?
Fo realz.. the vast majority of people are slaves to trends. What ever is the hottest thing atm most people need to be in on. A lot more people used to smoke (and certainly some of them were just trying to be in on the smoking trend). Today a lot less people smoke than did fifty years ago, now the big thing is the health issues related to smoking, and all of a sudden everyone is a doctor on a soap box. It is just the hot thing atm.

People don't bitch out fat people about eating too much, even though it has already been mentioned that this is a huge (ha) issue in this country. We've also only really hit the tip of the iceberg when it comes to how modern food growing/processing is impacting our health. Which if we thought big tobacco fought studies against smoking, well haven't seen anything yet. Some people smoked, everyone eats.
Old 12-25-2011, 01:04 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barahir [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
atm
ash to mouth?
Old 12-25-2011, 01:04 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Facts
  1. Smoking a cigarette is not pleasurable in the beginning. Not only that, it is actually unpleasant.
Sorry but that is not true. Not for everyone and at all times. I don't want to talk people into starting: Smoking isn't that enjoyable but... I personally am a casual party smoker (2-5 cigs a month) and I do enjoy them then. With a little bit of alc and *because* you only smoke very rarely, you actually get a "tobacco flash" which is kinda relaxing.

So that is the why as far as I am concerned. I still hate heavy smokers and I do not at all enjoy the stink.

And I would hate to smoke more than the few party smokes I do...
Closed Thread