Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 11-20-2014, 05:59 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
The ~100 strong raid force pulled it right into the tunnel and the first AE wiped out about 50 tunnel traders.
Although the aoe range off the mob was massive and it was spawned outside of the EC tunnel, why did the raid force pull it into the tunnel, rather than away from it? Seems to me an entertaining and amazing spectacle to see. More of these should be in place, I hold nothing against GMs doing this, just the raid force that attempts to bring the mob(s) to others trying to stay away.

Again I'm not saying in this particular instance that this was the case, I just don't know if there was a specific tactic that had been used to keep the raid with a roof over there heads (gravity flux), therefore collateral damage had occurred
Old 11-20-2014, 06:22 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derubael [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The ~100 strong raid force pulled it right into the tunnel and the first AE wiped out about 50 tunnel traders.
Whoever that masked man was, I salute you... the day the EC stock market crashed [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 11-20-2014, 06:33 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derubael [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
the first AE wiped out about 50 tunnel traders. There were a lot of hate tells and 'dumb gms' shouted that day.
/me raises his hand
Old 11-20-2014, 07:00 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Did a boss-type fight once in EC. Warned everyone that this NPC did AoE attacks that reached very far. Warned everyone it was incredibly dangerous and that people should stay far away if not ready. It was on the dune outside of the EC tunnel. The ~100 strong raid force pulled it right into the tunnel and the first AE wiped out about 50 tunnel traders. There were a lot of hate tells and 'dumb gms' shouted that day.

You'd think you would move when you see 80+ lvl 60's crowded around one mob that's DT'ing left and right, and giving long winded spell prep messages (Soandso gathers energy, preparing to cast a powerful spell), but nope. My fault =P

Didn't stop me from doing more boss fights in EC, either.
Haha, yeah, lots of tunnel traders seem to believe they are not actually in-game.

Also, I recommend future player polls include "Derubael, in the EC Tunnel, with the Avatar of Thule". That Bush/Towers meme has gotten so tired and stale.
Old 11-20-2014, 07:02 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Did a boss-type fight once in EC. Warned everyone that this NPC did AoE attacks that reached very far. Warned everyone it was incredibly dangerous and that people should stay far away if not ready. It was on the dune outside of the EC tunnel. The ~100 strong raid force pulled it right into the tunnel and the first AE wiped out about 50 tunnel traders. There were a lot of hate tells and 'dumb gms' shouted that day.

You'd think you would move when you see 80+ lvl 60's crowded around one mob that's DT'ing left and right, and giving long winded spell prep messages (Soandso gathers energy, preparing to cast a powerful spell), but nope. My fault =P

THIS. Derubel, most excellent I remember this.
Do it weekly please! Zero shits given for afk! This is the fun stuff!
Old 11-20-2014, 07:15 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaev [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Haha, yeah, lots of tunnel traders seem to believe they are not actually in-game.

Also, I recommend future player polls include "Derubael, in the EC Tunnel, with the Avatar of Thule". That Bush/Towers meme has gotten so tired and stale.
derubael aoe'd down the towers
Old 11-20-2014, 07:21 PM
Sarnak

sounds like a douch move.

you're so cool
Old 11-21-2014, 01:00 AM
Banned

Derubael, if I were to write a script for a series of "world events" ranging from low to high level things, all working towards a common "campaign climax," would the GMs consider helping out by spawning the fun/necessary mobs? I'd be happy to put in some serious time to write out some stuff for people of all levels to enjoy.

inb4 not classic
Old 11-21-2014, 02:25 AM
Fire Giant

i put on my robe and wizard hat

lightningboltlightningboltlightningbolt
Old 11-21-2014, 07:10 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:

If it were me, I'd do it in GFay or Crushbone and have as much noob collateral damage as possible. A level 70 Emperor Crush could be a fun raid boss.
Closed Thread