Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 08-23-2019, 11:22 AM
Planar Protector

I died banking in OT yesterday on my iksar. /fail
Old 08-23-2019, 01:15 PM
Sarnak

As others have said, the only real negative to an iksar is the exp penalty. The regen is really nice, especially when you're trying to FD your way through a zone or extremely unlucky with hammering.

I made my monk a female iksar and while at first I was a bit turned off by the tail, the character model grew on me and now I wish I had other classes as the female iksar.

But at the end of the day, you need to play whatever you find attractive and what you enjoy leveling. Playing something you can't stand looking at will make it extremely difficult to get to 60.
Old 08-23-2019, 01:21 PM
Sarnak

As someone who has leveled both human and iksar to 60 and raided both extensively. I will have to say hands down Iksars are much better for all types of game play.

The regeneration alone is enough to make me never want to roll my human monk again.

I played a 60 human monk on blue for 4 years, then went to red before velour and played iksar monk there, got 60 velious dropped and he was awesome. After red started to totally die I came back to blue and playing a human I could see / feel how much the regeneration made a difference. The numbers over time are insanely huge. I rolled an iksar monk on blue and never looked back.

Yes youll level a human monk faster but if you play the game correctly you'll be level 60 for much longer then the time it takes to get an iksar monk to 60.

TL[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]R iksar > human coming from the weirdo that leveled 4 monks on p99. 2 humans and 2 iksars
Old 08-23-2019, 02:23 PM
Kobold

Don't sleep on Forage either
Closed Thread