Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 09-28-2019, 06:49 PM
Planar Protector

Default Instead of arguing over Ogre FSI, which class is Ogre best at?

Just curious. Now that I can make a fatty and if im lucky get a special DE form shrink option for him (even though all three of those classes have a type of shrink option already), and I know I like all 3 of their classes to some extent, which do you think benefits most from the ridiculous stats and FSI? I know its kind of a backwards question
Old 09-28-2019, 06:50 PM
Planar Protector

Warrior
All 25 Bonus Points to Dex

Ogre Warrior is the only warrior race. All else are pointless unless you're RPing. Not even kidding.

inb4 eggheads say oh but baler shaman. just stfu about shaman. Every race a shm can be is good for shm, because torpor.

SK is worth arguing about I guess.
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Last edited by Baler; 09-28-2019 at 07:02 PM..
Old 09-28-2019, 06:59 PM
Sarnak

All of them. Ogre should be its own class.
Old 09-28-2019, 07:30 PM
Fire Giant

Gotta be SK. Not only do you benefit from FSI as a tank, you also benefit from it as a spell caster and FD class, which is relevant forever. Though I guess you could argue the tank part is less important, since you're not dependent on melee swings for aggro.

I will say I often wish I had FSI when I play my Troll Shaman. Getting stunned when trying to get off that crucial root or DD is super annoying. (EDIT: Previously erroneously implied that FSI prevented interruption.) I never got Torpor, however, so can't speak for the high end.

As for my non-Ogre warrior, I generally don't mind the stuns, but I know I'm generating like 4% less hate than I would be otherwise. Also in classic, I'd imagine the Ogre stats are pretty relevant. Though come Velious it's pretty whatever since you're stat capped and just malleting everything anyway. They're still the best Warriors, but meh.
Last edited by Keebz; 09-28-2019 at 07:52 PM.. Reason: Erroneously implied FSI prevents interuption
Old 09-28-2019, 07:32 PM
Planar Protector

Keep in mind that Frontal Stun Immunity does NOT mean frontal interrupt immunity for spell casting.
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Old 09-28-2019, 07:51 PM
Fire Giant

Couldn't self reaper due to being stunned and died... FSI is huge on any class. I'd say it's gonna be best on WAR for raiding and SHD/SHM for grouping and farming cash camps. My reasoning being that you can be ignoring bashes during a SHD FD/Snare splits and during a SHM face tanking before slows go out.
Old 09-28-2019, 09:00 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Warrior
All 25 Bonus Points to Dex

Ogre Warrior is the only warrior race. All else are pointless unless you're RPing. Not even kidding.

inb4 eggheads say oh but baler shaman. just stfu about shaman. Every race a shm can be is good for shm, because torpor.

SK is worth arguing about I guess.
Pretty much this, top to bottom.

That said, my warrior is a wood elf cus Fashionquest. But he is clearly inferior to an ogre in the same gear.
Old 09-28-2019, 10:01 PM
Planar Protector

All ogre classes are far far better than non ogre ones.

The stun resist means you can corner cast based on channelling skill alone outside of spell based stuns and such and is a mega huge advantage for the shaman and the SK as much as it is for the warrior.

If the class can be an ogre it should

For normal game play evil races suck its way more fun to be a goody goody than to have tofaction for hours or chill in a swamp.

On live in early days it was all about those barbarian warriors and shamans
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 09-28-2019, 10:22 PM
Planar Protector

Ogre is best for all three equally because the major thing Ogre does is boost the confidence of players who're otherwise a little unsure of themselves. Its advantage is more mental than anything else. There is absolutely no content an Ogre can do that an otherwise equivalent non-Ogre cannot. Player race is undoubtedly the most overthought thing within this community. Pick what looks the best.

Danth
Last edited by Danth; 09-28-2019 at 10:26 PM..
Old 09-29-2019, 12:32 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ogre is best for all three equally because the major thing Ogre does is boost the confidence of players who're otherwise a little unsure of themselves. Its advantage is more mental than anything else. There is absolutely no content an Ogre can do that an otherwise equivalent non-Ogre cannot. Player race is undoubtedly the most overthought thing within this community. Pick what looks the best.

Danth
No.

NO.

Fractions of a percent are IMPORTANT
Closed Thread