Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-03-2019, 01:10 PM
Aviak

Default What makes your class objectively the most fun?

Just curious why each person picked the class they did.
Old 10-03-2019, 01:15 PM
Sarnak

So when I first started playing Everquest (about a year ago here on P99) it was because I had been watching my boyfriend play and I finally wanted to try it myself. He suggested I start with Druid (I forget exactly what his reasoning was, but I know people find Druid to be a good starting class). So, that's what I picked!

I plan on rolling Druid again for Green simply because it's the class I'm used to and know the best. I only plan on playing casually on Green, so I want to play Druid again so I don't have to learn a new class.

I do like Druid a lot because of the versatility, ability to help other players and easy traveling abilities [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Werga ⋆ Level 29 Shaman ⋆ Troll
Taruuk ⋆ Level 14 Necromancer ⋆ Dark Elf

Old 10-03-2019, 01:16 PM
Sarnak

I picked Ranger when I first started EQ because that is what my father played and I liked outdoors and being self sufficient .

Picking Magician on this green server so I can solo and farm money and items for more melee focused characters. Magician was my first alt in classic EQ and ended up becoming one of my favorite classes. Loved all the utility spells and the pets.
Old 10-03-2019, 01:19 PM
Planar Protector

I like playing tank-type characters. I don't like raiding. Paladin was an obvious and natural fit for me for many years and gave good satisfaction. Later on, changing real-life conditions dictate that I do a lot more duo (and even a little solo) than full groups nowadays. I still like the group tank job too, though. Switching to Shadow Knight was the obvious decision, and since making that switch in 2012 it has likewise provided full satisfaction.

Yeah I could play a Monk. I don't like the style, don't like the lack of non-charge frontloaded aggro, don't like the weight limit, don't like the lack of a spellbook....etc etc. EQ's nice in providing so many choices.

Danth
Old 10-03-2019, 01:21 PM
Planar Protector

My first ever class that I stuck with past level 16 or so was a Cleric. I loved it because i love healing and love buffing as I am a pretty social person.

Well, I am a pretty social person in Norrath. In the real world, I am plagued by severe social anxiety and barely even look other humans in the eyes.

But anyway, I love grouping too, so Cleric has all of those qualities so I went with it. I also love the plate wearing classes in fantasy games.

I loved the Shadow Knight due to, you guessed it, plate. I also love tanking and the Shadow Knight's ability to grab aggro on a dime. I also like being an "evil" character.

Then I leveled up a Bard. This was fun due to the utility and the songs the class gets are pretty awesome. However, due to my play time availability, everyone on the server kind out-leveled me and I was stuck to solo and it got very boring running around and clicking he same three buttons over and over and over and over again.
Old 10-03-2019, 10:01 PM
Planar Protector

Because most people in the world recognize my face and name in real life I try to be a loner in game.

Jk I like heals tho [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 10-03-2019, 10:04 PM
Sarnak

monks for instant FD
Old 10-03-2019, 10:09 PM
Planar Protector

Erudite Magician
Extremely Good in classic

I sit back while I pet kills everything and rake in thousands of plat.
Can be played totally naked because Erudite Mage has the highest int.

Erudite is a neutral race so agnostic Erudite Magician can go to a ton of places without being KoS
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Old 10-03-2019, 10:11 PM
Planar Protector

First I picked a class that had a skeleton, because who doesn't want to boss around an angry skeleton? Then I went with the class that had a dog and we could both run very fast, the dog and me.
Old 10-03-2019, 10:21 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Erudite Magician
Extremely Good in classic

I sit back while I pet kills everything and rake in thousands of plat.
Can be played totally naked because Erudite Mage has the highest int.

Erudite is a neutral race so agnostic Erudite Magician can go to a ton of places without being KoS
Thank you, ten-year-old Baler. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Closed Thread