Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 07-02-2010, 03:27 PM
Planar Protector

Your best bet is to make the character you like most. If you simply want a character that well XP the fastest, then I suppose a Halfling warrior would be good. Unless of course you group, in which case your bonus and other members' penalties would be shared.

A warrior is a fun class to play, but can be tough, and you may want to forget about the XP penalty altogether and just roll a class with a lot of utility, i.e. a druid, until you get a good handle on the game.
Old 07-02-2010, 03:36 PM
Banned

I leveled with a necro relatively fast, but I leveled even faster with my barb shaman. I solo'd with the necro from 1-50 (pretty much) and it was quite fast, at one point I managed to go from 41-44 in a single day. It was very quick (less than a month, but I did spend some time screwing around), but it wasn't as quick as my shaman whom i got PLed and grouped to 50. This took about 3 weeks, but he was very twinked.

Generally speaking, necros and mages are the fastest levelers in the game, simply because they've the choice to solo, which they do extremely well, or gain exp with a group. If you choose not to make one of these two pet classes, then I'd suggest getting a brazier of elemental summoning which summons a lvl 12 fire pet and lasts until you zone or log out. Go to blackburrow, summon it and stay there for as long as you can, collecting gnoll teeth.
Old 07-02-2010, 03:41 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by vaneksniper26 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
thanks for quick feedback guys, im thinking about making a halfing warrior, will the better exp be noticeable?
Yes, you will have quite the exp bonus with that combination!
Only thing better in terms of bonuses is a halfling rogue.

(You won't notice though unless you have another character to compare it to without the bonus, or a penalty.)
Old 07-02-2010, 03:44 PM
Aviak

any suggestions on gear to start out with for a warrior? whats possible to get from a newbie point of view
Old 07-02-2010, 03:45 PM
Sarnak

Send a message via AIM to Ihealyou

Tentacle whip is 10-25p and procs lifetap at level 1. Its not super great, but it helps keep your health up a little. I think gnoll hide lariats are pretty cheap too. They proc stun, which should be pretty decent aggro at low levels.

Uuur - Your favorite Master +1 cleric <LifeAlert>
Rockwell - Your favorite 30 virgin <Aspen and Rockwell>
Old 07-02-2010, 03:48 PM
Aviak

Default ty

thanks ill try finding something like that in ec tunnel!
Old 07-02-2010, 03:58 PM
Aviak

i was able to score a free 10 pp from a nice lady named penelope, woo!
Old 07-02-2010, 04:12 PM
Aviak

is it possible one of you could give me a good general list of zones to hit up to lvl in order? not to many good guides out there online, and to many are for the new EQ, thanks!
Old 07-02-2010, 04:22 PM
Sarnak

LOTS of different combinations, but here's one I would do for a human monk

WFP/EFP til about level 4. Random EC trash til 10. East commonland orc camps til about 10-12. Oasis of Marr Crocs/Orcs til 15. Unrest Trash and first level house to 18-20. Upper guk scryer group 18-24. Mistmoore Graveyard til high 20s. Sola Foreman camp to about 34. Solb/lowerguk til 50. Scenery change from 34-50 could include Cazic Thule, Butcherblock guards, Oggok guards, OoT.. Honestly should just bounce back and forth from Lower Guk to Solb though

hope this helps
Last edited by Wonton; 07-02-2010 at 04:24 PM..
Old 07-02-2010, 04:33 PM
Aviak

thanks wonton
Closed Thread