Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 11-26-2013, 08:30 PM
Skeleton

I haven't run into that issue before. Is it possible to keep two key mapping profiles on your OS and switch between them?

I have only ever used Qwerty.

Sorry for the lack of help. Try posting in those forums. :/ GL
Old 11-28-2013, 06:56 PM
Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zapatos [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Here's my video walkthrough for making your own p99 game from scratch
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_xfNb...ature=youtu.be

This is on a 2012 macbook air using version 10.8.5
If something was explained wrong, let me know and I'll do a better take!
I followed this video and got everything up and running (Thanks! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]) with a 2010 MBP on 10.6.8. I was able to up the gamma in wine but still have an issue with my trackpad.

Trying to open bags (two finger click) doesn't always work, I usually have to spam it a few times for it to go through, anyone else seen this issue?
Old 11-28-2013, 10:02 PM
Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auronis [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I followed this video and got everything up and running (Thanks! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]) with a 2010 MBP on 10.6.8. I was able to up the gamma in wine but still have an issue with my trackpad.

Trying to open bags (two finger click) doesn't always work, I usually have to spam it a few times for it to go through, anyone else seen this issue?
Be sure to upgrade your engine AND wrapper. I don't use two finger click with my trackpad so enabling right click through Key Press was an easy solution for me.

GL!
Old 11-28-2013, 11:07 PM
Skeleton

Thanks king, what is right click through key press?

I've been testing it more and if I do two finger click and press down it will open the bag on the first try, if I try to do two finger touch it takes about 3 quick spams to go through
Old 11-29-2013, 08:28 PM
Skeleton

In your WineSkin Options select "Emulate Three Button Mouse" and use the key combos there to right click and center click. It makes using a trackpad so much easier, for me anyhow. It's not like my left thumb has anything else to do, lol.
Old 12-19-2013, 02:52 AM
Large Bat

Default Not Applying New Update Correctly

Dear Fellow Mac Users,

I am on a MBP, OS X 10.9, 2.7 GHz Intel Core i7. I have never had an issue with updating the files from P99. I have never had an issue with the game working... until now.

I am told the spell files are not "up to date" or did not update, even though I unzipped the V30 files and installed them as usual. Hence, I am unable to play. Please note that I am a careful patcher; e.g., I do watch what I do with the resources folder, etc. and only patch files that need to be overwritten. More, I have even tried saving the old folders elsewhere and rewriting all the new files. Still no luck.

A little bit more: I haven't played in about 4-5 months probably. Is there something else I should do or seek out content-wise? Should I do a complete re-install? Seems like a waste considering such would be a pain in the ass, but I do want to always have the option to play.

Anyone else have a similar problem?

Please advise.
Old 12-24-2013, 08:31 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zapatos [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Here's my video walkthrough for making your own p99 game from scratch
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_xfNb...ature=youtu.be

This is on a 2012 macbook air using version 10.8.5
If something was explained wrong, let me know and I'll do a better take!
Great tutorial. Follow these steps and was up in running in no time. Had issues originally with it not running at all due to out of date wineskin but this fixed all my issues!

Hardware Overview:

Model Name: MacBook Pro
Model Identifier: MacBookPro8,2
Processor Name: Intel Core i7
Processor Speed: 2.2 GHz
Number of Processors: 1
Total Number of Cores: 4
Old 12-25-2013, 06:21 PM
The Protector of Sunder

So my sky has turned to be black with a purple sun 24/7. Any idea how to fix this?
Old 12-31-2013, 02:47 PM
Aviak

Is this still working? I followed all of the instructions and I go to load it and nothing happens. Wineskin loads but nothing comes on the screen and I end up having to force quit the application.
Old 12-31-2013, 02:58 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyrano [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So my sky has turned to be black with a purple sun 24/7. Any idea how to fix this?
http://www.project1999.com/forums/sh...&postcount=221