Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 06-18-2019, 08:39 PM
Planar Protector

Exclamation Teams server

By now we know the teams server is probably never going to happen, but with the excitement over green happening I'm feeling nerdy, nostalgic, and a tiny bit hopeful. Maybe instead of a server wipe, red could just be ended for good. And then maybe a brand new server could start up? Anyway I want to nerd out a little and imagine how teams could work.

Deity based is cool af, and I like the SZ teams but it's kinda lame that classes are missing from all the teams: evils lack druid, paladiin, ranger; and goods/neuts lack necro, SK.

Fix:
Human and half elf druids/paladins/rangers can now worship Rallos Zek
Erudite, gnome, and human SKs/necros can now worship Sol Ro
Erudite, gnome, and human SKs/necros can now worship Quellious

This bends the lore a bit, particularly the peace-loving SKs; but a lot of things never made sense in the lore (like evil and good chars grouping together at all) and this leaves lore intact as much as possible while still allowing balance.

Also since evil team is OP, goods and neuts should be softcoded together like VZ teams, allowing them to group/guild together but still pvp each other. And some kinda IP block thing preventing people from creating chars on other factions would be necessary, if even possible.

*dreams nerdily*
Old 06-19-2019, 02:55 PM
Banned

shut up
Old 06-29-2019, 06:57 PM
Sarnak

classic only, permanent legacy items. PVP. that is what needs to happen to red. server would fucking flourish. red was dead in kunark.
Old 06-29-2019, 11:32 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenRanger [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
classic only, permanent legacy items. PVP. that is what needs to happen to red. server would fucking flourish. red was dead in kunark.
Kind of agree

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

OP ideas are bad.

At least I'd like a Green/Red99
Last edited by Lowlife; 06-29-2019 at 11:36 PM..
Old 06-30-2019, 10:47 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenRanger [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This server got down to single digit population during classic 7 months in and only flourished because of Kunark.
Old 06-30-2019, 12:44 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by HippoNipple [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This server got down to single digit population during classic 7 months in and only flourished because of Kunark.
Wasn't that after amelinda banned holocaust tho and destroying server competition and not due to classic?

I swear red would have a higher population to this day if that didnt happen.

Recycle it clean 2019
Last edited by Lowlife; 06-30-2019 at 12:47 PM..
Old 06-30-2019, 01:15 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharptooth2 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Isnt green teams?
I wish.

Green is a new server that follows the original timeline then "recycles" by wiping and the characters are deposited into blue (or red, if there's a green pvp server) so the gap between kunark and velious will be as it was on live instead of 7 years.
Old 07-01-2019, 07:21 PM
Planar Protector

still think they should just merge blue into red with current ffa ruleset and make the teams server
Old 07-02-2019, 02:05 AM
Sarnak

fuck yes, teens server would be great

(did not read thread)
Old 07-02-2019, 12:33 PM
Sarnak

Teams would actually get me back to red. And seeing as I am 1/20th of the population willing to play on red, my vote should matter.
Closed Thread