Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Resolved Issues

Closed Thread

Old 10-14-2019, 11:34 AM
Fire Giant

Default Enchanter animation able to hold agro over a PC

Yesterday, while I was playing a bard and grouped with an enchanter in N Ro killing scarabs, I noticed a couple of times that after the enchanter's animation pet had been beating on the scarab for a while and it was lowish health I was able to get into melee range (even to the point of standing inside the scarab) without it turning on me, even after I'd been playing Chords of Dissonance.

I don't know if this is something to do specifically with animation pets or if it's something known but it seems worth mentioning.

ETA: And now that I think about it, I'm also not sure if it only happened once the scarab was under the health percentage when a mob that runs would have started running.
Old 10-14-2019, 12:00 PM
Sarnak

Pets being able to hold aggro is classic. There's a point in time where code is implemented for mobs to prioritize players over pets, but that's not in at the start.
Old 10-14-2019, 12:03 PM
Planar Protector

A MOB will always attack any player character in melee range over the pet when available. This is how it was on live and how it was on blue, so it is working as intended.
Old 10-14-2019, 03:20 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathrydar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
A MOB will always attack any player character in melee range over the pet when available. This is how it was on live and how it was on blue, so it is working as intended.
It is indeed how it is on live now and how it is on blue, but it is not how it was at live launch. Ample evidence was provided in another thread.
Old 10-14-2019, 03:25 PM
Planar Protector

On Live for the last 7 or so years actually pets have been able to hold aggro over players.
Old 10-14-2019, 03:36 PM
Planar Protector

I recall that pets holding aggro over players was a bone of contention during classic and Verant purposely nerfed it.

Am I remembering right? Should I go digging?
Old 10-14-2019, 03:40 PM
Orc

Start here first:
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...d.php?t=139036
Old 10-14-2019, 07:25 PM
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

NPC's will always attack a player over another NPC if both are in range. This will not be changing for Green.

Project 1999 Setup Guide
Old 10-15-2019, 08:28 AM
Fire Giant

Erm...I hope this has been moved to resolved because you investigated my report that a pet WAS able to hold agro over my character and not because other people started talking about whether it should happen or not...

Again, I made this post because an enchanter pet was able to hold agro over my character in melee range.
Old 10-15-2019, 12:26 PM
Aviak

Tenlaar, here's what I've seen before:
I, as a Rogue, was duoing with a Bard. The Bard charms a mob, attacks another mob. I jump in and the mob immediately starts hitting me, as expected. When the Bard charm wears off, he recharms, and sics the charmed mob on our target, I can evade (as a Rogue) and the mob will start hitting the charmed mob, not me, I can even stand behind the mob, melee, and backstab it. Sometimes I'll regain agro and am able to evade it off, as if the charmed mob is another PC.

I've noticed this with enchanters too when their pet breaks in the middle of the fight and gets recharmed before rejoining the fight. Something about the mob getting recharmed is the key factor here.
Closed Thread