Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Melee

Closed Thread

Old 09-27-2019, 06:05 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecily [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The rogue Guk experience alone makes the class worth playing. Also, rogues do crazy damage with really anything they use. It's not a gear dependent class at all. Sure, a 15 damage poker is nice, but a 100+ damage kick button with fine steel is cool, too.
Damn you Cecily, lol. You were supposed to talk me out of it [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 09-28-2019, 08:34 PM
Planar Protector

I apologize. I love the class.

There are some down sides. Very slow sneak speed till 50+. Will have to walk everywhere. Can't solo.

I recommend an antisocial class to alt when your rogue can't find a group. Rogue with druid was what I did with Cecily and I ended up with two level 60s without much extra effort.
Old 09-28-2019, 08:35 PM
Planar Protector

my 2 cents on the subject...
Wait till kunark to roll a rogue. Start classic with a plat farming class to fund the kunark rogue.
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Old 09-29-2019, 12:11 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecily [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I apologize. I love the class.

There are some down sides. Very slow sneak speed till 50+. Will have to walk everywhere. Can't solo.

I recommend an antisocial class to alt when your rogue can't find a group. Rogue with druid was what I did with Cecily and I ended up with two level 60s without much extra effort.
^this.

Also pack some cloudy potions or invis rings. I recall any invisi on a rogue is invisible and invis undead. Makes for some full speed stealth at level 1. Not sure tho if that was changed in a certain expansion...con as you go [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 09-29-2019, 03:08 PM
Planar Protector

Invis on a rogue is that type of invis on a rogue. Sneak+hide is Ivall, except some see rogue stuff. IvU on a hidden rogue will let you sneak past things in hate you aren't supposed to be able to.
Old 10-03-2019, 07:21 AM
Sarnak

How reliable is Instill Doubt / Intimidation, by the way?

Was just reading an old Safehouse post on Rogue Solo (https://thesafehouse.org/forums/foru...ide-to-soloing) from 2000, and while soloing on a Rogue was even horrible back then, the article seems to imply that snare (via SBD) and Instill Doubt were a viable option.

Just curious what the rates of it working on Blue have been, so we can judge Green's viability.
Old 10-03-2019, 08:40 AM
Sarnak

If you play it kool and know your surroundings will be definitely fun! . They can solo it’s just slow. if you love the class, you can deal with it . I plan to go that route, I will note down a path along the way . For others who intend to follow this dangerous shadowy path!

Will definitely be dorf for the quested armory and weapons early in !
I mean how do you pass up barrel Roll? Lol
Old 10-03-2019, 11:52 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaramis [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
How reliable is Instill Doubt / Intimidation, by the way?

Was just reading an old Safehouse post on Rogue Solo (https://thesafehouse.org/forums/foru...ide-to-soloing) from 2000, and while soloing on a Rogue was even horrible back then, the article seems to imply that snare (via SBD) and Instill Doubt were a viable option.

Just curious what the rates of it working on Blue have been, so we can judge Green's viability.
On live it never worked for me. Not reliably at least. Monks seemed to have better success. Combine that with a 8/27 piercer and a proc and you are really relying on the RNG gods.

At the current state of the game battle bind-wounding with a fungi and .5+ ratio weapons rogues still are pretty bad soloers. I’d prob just rely on grouping on green.
Old 10-08-2019, 08:11 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaramis [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The allure of a +xp class vs so many of the -xp ones on Green alone is appealing. You'll be levelling 1.5 x faster than the hybrids, for example.
I wouldn't get too excited about experience bonuses if you plan on being in groups, which of course rogues will be. The exp bonus still helps, but not nearly as much as it sounds like it would.

http://wiki.project1999.com/Game_Mec...perience_Works
Last edited by Tecmos Deception; 10-08-2019 at 08:19 AM..
Old 10-14-2019, 12:04 PM
Sarnak

Well, I'm going to be honest, just tried a Dwarf Rogue on Green beta server.
Great stats. Great initial quest options. Managed a blackened iron mail by level 6 via quests. And killed lots of goblins for beers.

Not such a bad deal, really!
Closed Thread