Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-14-2019, 11:37 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

I logged in and played on the Beta, mostly to see what the new UI would look like. However, they must not have updated that yet for the current Beta because you could still move windows and boxes around and it looked pretty much the same as it does for me on Blue.

XP was very fast so I couldn't earn enough coin to keep up with the spells I needed to purchase. I didn't encounter any noticeable bugs.
Old 10-14-2019, 11:44 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apex [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I use this one called Visibar
https://eqinterface.com/downloads/fileinfo.php?id=3153

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm unable to get this to work. Did you load it into the default UI, or create your own then changed to that?
If anyone has any room to grief, its Rogean. Nuff said.

P1999 Custom Desktop Launcher Icons
Old 10-14-2019, 11:46 AM
Planar Protector

You guys, NO UI's are supported for green except the default non classic custom velious ESQUE UI

I don't know if it is confirmed anywhere but I think this is what is intended to be used for the rest of the server history, which is a cryin shame.
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 10-14-2019, 11:47 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustoo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You guys, NO UI's are supported for green except the default non classic custom velious ESQUE UI
I understand that custom UI's are not supported, but he said he got it to work. Thus my question to him.

Old 10-14-2019, 11:50 AM
Skeleton

I have customized it

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Last edited by Apex; 10-14-2019 at 11:53 AM..
Old 10-14-2019, 11:55 AM
Planar Protector

I hope that staff can weigh in on the UI question it impacts game play a lot.
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 10-14-2019, 12:04 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apex [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I have customized it
I wouldn't get used to this, that's why there's a beta. However you did it, I'm sure is likely to be ironed out by launch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustoo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I hope that staff can weigh in on the UI question it impacts game play a lot.
They already did. Rogean said, in no uncertain terms, that there will be no custom UI's on Green. I quoted him and linked to the thread on the first page.
Old 10-14-2019, 12:07 PM
Planar Protector

Also, they've explicitly stated that Green Beta does NOT have the latest UI code. Therefore, just because you can "hack Green" (Beta) right now, it does not mean you'll be able to use custom UI on Green.

We all just have to wait for the players that are furiously trying to perfect the classic UI in time for launch, and then at some point after that the devs will apply that work to Green/Green Beta ... and presumably it will be "locked down" then also.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 10-14-2019, 12:08 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Also, they've explicitly stated that Green Beta does NOT have the latest UI code. So just because you can "hack Green" (Beta) right now, it does not mean you'll be able to use custom UI on Green.

We all just have to wait for the players that are furiously trying to perfect the classic UI in time for launch to finish their work, and then at some point after that the devs will apply that work to Green/Green Beta ... and presumably it will be "locked down" then also.
You talking about the 800x600 box UI?

Old 10-14-2019, 12:09 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonedrahon25 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You talking about the 800x600 box UI?
No, resolution will not be fixed (AFAIK). I'm talking about the (currently in progress) classic "skin".

(Again, AFAIK) Green will have an adjustable UI. You will be able to have any screen size, and you will be able to adjust the size of the panels. However, the UI of those panels will be fixed, and you will not be able to /loaduiskin to change to a custom one.

I believe it's all modeled after the UI that was introduced in Kunark, before the custom UI (which Titanium is based on), but after the classic UI (which Titanium can't do).

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Closed Thread