Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-14-2019, 12:10 PM
Sarnak

Any sneak peeks at this new "skin". Id like to evaluate whether or not im going to be playing green before launch. Thanks for the info!
If anyone has any room to grief, its Rogean. Nuff said.

P1999 Custom Desktop Launcher Icons
Old 10-14-2019, 12:13 PM
Planar Protector

People have posted screenshots of the classic UI they're aiming to emulate, but I think you'll just have to wait to see their matching final product.

Really it shouldn't impact your decision at all though: I believe the new UI will be functionally similar to the current Velious beta UI (eg. it will have 6 buttons only), it just will look more classic (eg. the buttons will have that classic off-white color).

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 10-14-2019, 12:16 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
People have posted screenshots of the classic UI they're aiming to emulate, but I think you'll just have to wait to see their matching final product.

Really it shouldn't impact your decision at all though: I believe the new UI will be functionally similar to the current Velious beta UI (eg. it will have 6 buttons only), it just will look more classic (eg. the buttons will have that classic off-white color).
I suppose i will reserve judgement until i see this new UI. Hopefully it will be able to curb this headache..,
If anyone has any room to grief, its Rogean. Nuff said.

P1999 Custom Desktop Launcher Icons
Old 10-14-2019, 12:17 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonedrahon25 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Any sneak peeks at this new "skin". Id like to evaluate whether or not im going to be playing green before launch. Thanks for the info!
This is the only thing I've seen about the one being developed. It looks a lot cleaner, IMO. But it's still pretty close to what we have now in the Beta.
Old 10-14-2019, 01:32 PM
Planar Protector

closer closer...... holllllld.......
Old 10-14-2019, 01:38 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
closer closer...... holllllld.......
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 10-14-2019, 03:44 PM
Planar Protector

If you hate the current UI for any reason other than aesthetics, you'll hate the upcoming version as well. Its functions are not being seriously altered; you're not going to get multiple hotkey windows/etc back. It's mainly an appearance clean-up to make it look more like the original velious interface. It does a pretty good job of accomplishing that goal within the (massive) constraints imposed by the Titanium client. Having been using the new version for a week or so now I've grown rather fond of it.

Note that the original Velious/Trilogy UI that the P99 version is based on allowed (most) windows to be moved around as well. Some like the bank window could not be moved in the original game, but that's not something anyone's likely to mind.

Green beta does not appear to be currently forcing a UI check beyond checking for a UI called 'velious' in the UI folder.

Folks worried about resolution limits are worried about nothing. The P99 admins specifically recommended some windows be made larger than their 2001 sizes so as to maintain good readability on modern resolutions.

Danth
Last edited by Danth; 10-14-2019 at 03:49 PM..
Old 10-14-2019, 03:59 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

We gonna need a very thorough wiki guide on classic, velious and p99's UI differences once we launch so as soon as we done, your work begins hehe [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Closed Thread