Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

View Poll Results: Do you think Luclin models should be an option for Project 1999?
I do not want Luclin models 554 66.75%
I want Luclin models. 276 33.25%
Voters: 830. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 08-11-2011, 04:46 PM
Aviak

Do not want. I would have to enable them to pick out my face on luclin models to make sure im not bald or something >.<

...and then re-disable them. Bleh.

I like knowing that people see my character the same way I see it.

Originally from Tarew Marr. May it rest in peace, as it died to become Drinal :'(
Old 08-11-2011, 04:49 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kobias [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I like knowing that people see my character the same way I see it.
In all reality this can never be:

Gamma, contrast, color modes, widescreeen, different vid cards/monitors etc...
Old 08-11-2011, 04:51 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kope [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
In all reality this can never be:

Gamma, contrast, color modes, widescreeen, different vid cards/monitors etc...
In reality it is. It's the same character model. I couldn't care less if they see more ambient lighting, or if it's different gamma.

You're stretching the truth on this, you know exactly what I'm referring to =p The same model I see, is the model you see.

Originally from Tarew Marr. May it rest in peace, as it died to become Drinal :'(
Old 08-11-2011, 04:55 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by SupaflyIRL [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
velious armor textures didn't show on luclin models so not sure what you're talking about
I think he meant we could then see the Velious armor textures for a while, and towards the end of this game's timeline to enable Luclin graphics.
Old 08-11-2011, 05:16 PM
Fire Giant

I think go with whatever represents the least amount of work (including over time, if that applies) for the dev team.
Old 08-11-2011, 05:24 PM
Banned

Send a message via ICQ to Reppy Send a message via AIM to Reppy Send a message via Yahoo to Reppy

I am sure I am going to get ripped for this, But for those folks saying " I want everyone to see me like I do on my screen and luclins models are not classic blah blah..." that is not a vaild reason why we should not have them. If it takes the devs time away from the project would consider a vaild reason not to do them. However from what I have seen this has been worked on from numerous of people in the community and I will support it rather if 50% use it or 1% use the models.
Old 08-11-2011, 05:26 PM
Fire Giant

Luclin models were the best thing that ever happened to the halfling race.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uthgaard View Post
Most of the people with bad experiences with me hang out in R&F, shocking, looks like I'm doing something right.
Old 08-11-2011, 06:17 PM
Kobold

No thanks.

Although I am sure there is a thread somewhere for people who want to have luclin models enabled.
Old 08-11-2011, 06:23 PM
Sarnak

Ohai. http://www.project1999.org/forums/sh...ad.php?t=12085

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gratis View Post
Or you people could quit being children and stop treating minor issues as major infractions. There are tons of petitions coming in for reasons that can actually be resolved quickly and don't culminate in a message board brawl by a bunch of adults acting like brats.
Old 08-11-2011, 06:45 PM
Aviak

I have been thinking about my tine in EQ, and though I can see the benefits of the classic models ( love the Barb bear helm ) I also see the why luclin models are attractive to some folks. The armor on some models is better, like my oger how ever the luclin oger modle runs like he has to take a dump and is SQUEEEEZING his cheecks to make to ferrot in time.
How others see my character is semi important however Im the one looking at it most of the time so thats what I care about.. what I see.

As for p99 going beyond velious to luclin, I would consider Luclin almost, kind of sorta classic. Its like the "black" album kind of classic, but the writing is on the wall.
pros: AA (flame away if you wish, working aa on a endgame character IMO is fun, so bite me)
Vahshire...... me-wow
BEAST LORDS!!!
new spells / gear
now POP(or poop as I call it) took the epic feel of EQ and drained like for the instant gratification of transport.... Luclin can do this too via the nexus, which is iffy ( personally I don't like it ) how ever the pros out weigh the cons, but that's just my opinion.

Any thing pop or after bleh, luclin is iffy however I think it could be fun, but what ever is best for the server and the community. I loved my BL, and Luclin was fun over all. You had timers for the nexus almost as long as boats. I hope someday at least AA are in ( and with fingures crossed.. FAIRY GOD PARRENTS!!!!!... I mean BEAST LORDS!!
Last edited by insertname; 08-11-2011 at 06:59 PM..
Closed Thread