Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

View Poll Results: Do you think Luclin models should be an option for Project 1999?
I do not want Luclin models 554 66.75%
I want Luclin models. 276 33.25%
Voters: 830. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 08-21-2011, 05:29 PM
Aviak

so you guys can talk shit and express your opinion but no one else can is what you're basically saying. fucking classy

don't ask stupid questions like "why would anyone care" if you don't want to hear the answer. and no, don't get fed up with yourself thinking i'm losing sleep overh ow you guys might see me in EQ. i just wish it wasn't an issue at all, simple as that
Last edited by Drem; 08-21-2011 at 05:43 PM..
Old 11-25-2011, 01:39 PM
Sarnak

im playin on red 99 and dont like the old look of wood elfs, can i do somting to get the newer look just on my screen????
Old 11-26-2011, 11:46 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alkorin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This. It's not necessarily an easyish fix, but there is currently at least one way to use the new models that isn't being frowned upon by the devs.

People trying to enforce their preferences on others is always fun times.

We just want one server without the new models,quit trying to push them on us.
Old 11-26-2011, 11:59 AM
VIP / Contributor

Send a message via AIM to Amelinda Send a message via Yahoo to Amelinda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorath [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
im playin on red 99 and dont like the old look of wood elfs, can i do somting to get the newer look just on my screen????
no.
Old 01-14-2012, 01:59 AM
Kobold

I loved the Luclin graphics for some (Iksar is my favorite race, but HATE the OLD Iksar look, only like the Luclin one) but not for others (e.g., gnomes).

I don't see why it would be a major issue in terms of giving folks the option of having them turned on or off, as EQ Live did and as other servers do. No one is forced to use them if they are optional, but all are forced to use original if Luclin aren't made available.
Old 01-14-2012, 04:44 AM
Kobold

Looks like I came too late for the poll. I would like Luclin models. For a minute there I thought the question was "Do you personally like Luclin models, and if so, which" as opposed to "Should we unlock them for people's personal use".
It appears that quite a few people are more concerned with railroading you into seeing their characters they way they want to be seen than allowing you to do what you want. There has been a lot of irrationality that I think boils down to this mostly concealed motive. Fact of the matter, I don't play this game so you can control me. I play this game because I like it. That being said, every time I blink there is a period where I cannot see how impressive you believe your character looks. Is there a rationale to remove my eyelids? Perhaps if I blink I will not see the game in the classic sense and the whole server would spiral into Azeroth. Hmm, makes me chuckle to even consider.
I play the game for the rule-set. I got over the nostalgia factor long ago. I like the game, not the graphics. Whatever I can do to legally personally improve the graphics, I will. I don't see why my personal preferences that I am completely in control of should hamper another's graphics druthers. My vanity is not more important than your freedom.
Last edited by Brimacombe; 01-14-2012 at 08:28 AM..
Old 01-14-2012, 04:46 AM
Planar Protector

I'd have voted no.
Old 01-14-2012, 10:42 AM
Large Rat

It is cosmetics...does me having the newer models on give me an advantage over you? No it doesn't. Would it possibly entice new players to the server who are used to the better graphics? More than likely. Very few new players are going to enjoy playing a game with year 1999 graphics.

Bottom line, leave it as an option. For you people who want to be true to 1999 go for it, for the sake of getting new people to play let them decide how they want the game to look for their enjoyment.
Old 01-14-2012, 10:50 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Afierra [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It is cosmetics...does me having the newer models on give me an advantage over you? No it doesn't. Would it possibly entice new players to the server who are used to the better graphics? More than likely. Very few new players are going to enjoy playing a game with year 1999 graphics.

Bottom line, leave it as an option. For you people who want to be true to 1999 go for it, for the sake of getting new people to play let them decide how they want the game to look for their enjoyment.
So very true. Everyone I talk to on the server is telling me this server is just not what it used to be. Population is rapidly decreasing. One would logically assume that giving people freedoms and options would only promote population growth.
Old 01-14-2012, 12:01 PM
Planar Protector

If they could implement it an option that would be a good solution.
Closed Thread