Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-14-2019, 10:44 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The actions window has a socials tab, which has 10 pages, each with a whole bunch of macro buttons, each macro can have up to five lines of commands. Sadly these can't be hotkeyed. The first page of macros are preset but can be overwritten (they have commands like afk, hail, etc on).

The actions window is a super special window that can have its buttons pressed even when the same button on another window would be unusable.
Hmm so if they cant be hotkeyed how do they act as more hotbuttons?
Old 10-14-2019, 10:44 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veeshan31 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
They act as hotkeys cause they are readily available to use whenever.
Old 10-14-2019, 11:03 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veeshan31 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I recommend the purchase of a pointing device to interface with these buttons at a click of a button.
Old 10-14-2019, 11:11 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I recommend the purchase of a pointing device to interface with these buttons at a click of a button.
Click interface buttons? Damn we really are going back to 1999.
Old 10-14-2019, 11:47 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferahgo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Click interface buttons? Damn we really are going back to 1999.
When games were good.
Old 10-14-2019, 11:49 AM
Planar Protector

I personally never stopped clicking buttons to play these games! I was made fun of it constantly in WoW, but I don't care. I am pretty quick with the clicks!

Hey....can that be like, my saying or something? He's quick with the clicks....

Get it?

No?

Is anyone here?
Old 10-14-2019, 11:57 AM
Planar Protector

You need to get keyboard commands to work effectively because when you are blind in PVP or just otherwise messed up clicking slow motion like a grandpa isn't going to work.

You can make em work..
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 10-14-2019, 12:35 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thievery [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I love it, but I keep hitting 0 to sit. It's been my sit key in most games for the last 15 years lol.
This is how we know you weren’t playing at classic. Almost everyone I know that was playing at the beginning of classic has their sit button as 6. I still use 6 to this day. 😂
Old 10-14-2019, 12:39 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
This is 100% legal, but what I worry about is that people will buy fancy keyboards/mice/gamepads which let them map one button press to "switch to hotkey panel 2, press 1, switch back to panel 1", effectively letting them make a "button 7".

That would be 100% against the server rules (which amount to "one key/mouse/button press can only do one thing, not three things"), but it also would be something that people will manually do (with three, legal, keypresses) all the time, which could make it harder to catch the cheaters.

I hope their anti-cheat software will be able to notice "hey Bob always takes exactly 5ms between these three keypresses" and ban Bob's cheating ass. In theory something like that exists on Green already, but I'm not sure anyone knows if it actually does or not, and if not Green could have a lot of cheaters.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 10-14-2019, 12:46 PM
Aviak

i think anti cheat can go only so far.

its entirely possible and with server rules to create and read the log file. Its also entirely possible to use /loc which goes into said log file. One could in theory read the log file for /loc calls and take the lat/long and then project a dot onto a map using a variety of different programming languages, hell this could be whipped up in html and javascript in less than a day.
Closed Thread